So who's YOUR starting qb?

Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

Let me guess .... you're one of those guys who "followed Brady during his Michigan days," and knew he'd be a star.

I didn't say Peterman was Brady. I didn't even come close.

But you're acting as if it's unprecedented for a late round QB to come in and play and feel comfortable. It's not. Is it likely? No. Is it impossible? Obviously not.

And I don't see one person saying they expect Peterman to come in and win. Winning and Losing are what teams do, anyway.

Letting him play all season hurts no one. And if it hurts him, then he isn't the guy. Better to find out sooner rather than later. And you never know ... see: Dak Prescott.

Kevin Hogan

Brett Hundley

Aaron Murray

AJ McCarron

Ricky Stanzi

TJ Yates

Nathan Enderle

John Skelton

Jonathon Crompton

Rhett Bomar

Nate Davis

John David Booty

Dennis Dixon

Josh Johnson

Eric Ainge

Jeff Rowe

Troy Smith

Ingle Martin

Omar Jacobs

Dan Orlovsky

Adrian McPherson

Craig Krenzel

Brian St Pierre

Randy Fasani

Kurt Kittner

Brandon Doman

Craig Nall

Mike McMahon

Tee Martin

Those are the QBs drafted in the 5th round since 2000. Not a single long term starter, and only a handful of mediocre backups.

The people thinking Nate Peterman is going to play well this year with this supporting cast, are crazy.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess .... you're one of those guys who "followed Brady during his Michigan days," and knew he'd be a star.

I didn't say Peterman was Brady. I didn't even come close.

But you're acting as if it's unprecedented for a late round QB to come in and play and feel comfortable. It's not. Is it likely? No. Is it impossible? Obviously not.

And I don't see one person saying they expect Peterman to come in and win. Winning and Losing are what teams do, anyway.

Letting him play all season hurts no one. And if it hurts him, then he isn't the guy. Better to find out sooner rather than later. And you never know ... see: Dak Prescott.

you guessed wrong. I never followed marcias collegiate career.

I just took an educated guess you were referring to brady and then I commenced to say he's not even close, don't see the harm in that. that said, why even use him as an example? unless it was to say late rounders can and have succeeded, which you did not say (in the post).

he will likely just end up as a back up. although some are looking at him as starting material? at the end of the day I really don't care who starts, the season is a wash anyway.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I'd rather see Peterman, but it's not the right move.

You gotta let TT play himself out of the job and let the rook watch some games before going out as the starter.

Really weird to hear this from you 0:)

I don't give a crap who plays QB if this team can put it together and win.

If it's Taylor, wonderful.

If that's Peterman, awesome.

One of the big issues here is just going to be with what all the team vets think. Even if Taylor sits out week #1 (which is possible) and Peterman goes out and plays well and the team gets a W (we're playing the Jets, so also very possible... maybe even likely), what is McDermott going to do for week 2 or when Taylor is healthy?

McDermott actually painted himself into a bit of a corner when he flatly stated on Sunday "Taylor's the starter." Now if he's not given the job back when he's healthy, there might be a bit of an issue with the players.

So Crusher, here's where you and I agree... for the team's sake I think you let Taylor play until he loses the job. If Taylor starts week 1 and by the 3rd or 4th game he's playing horribly, pull him and put the rookie in. That way you don't lose the team and if Peterman's as good as so many here think he is, maybe he can string together a bunch of Ws.

What a tumultuous offseason this has been...

If flip flopping is what I have to be called to upgrade the QB position,

call me the flip flopping figster :thumbsup:

well, I call it as I see it. you have been pretty adamant about taylor all off season. now, after 3 preseason games you're calling the back up an upgrade?

he very well could be but if taylor flops, which is possible, I really don't see the kid as that much of an upgrade, especially based off preseason?

likely both flop and they'll draft the savior in 2018? although I have seen that story many, many times and the end has always been the same.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Kevin Hogan

Brett Hundley

Aaron Murray

AJ McCarron

Ricky Stanzi

TJ Yates

Nathan Enderle

John Skelton

Jonathon Crompton

Rhett Bomar

Nate Davis

John David Booty

Dennis Dixon

Josh Johnson

Eric Ainge

Jeff Rowe

Troy Smith

Ingle Martin

Omar Jacobs

Dan Orlovsky

Adrian McPherson

Craig Krenzel

Brian St Pierre

Randy Fasani

Kurt Kittner

Brandon Doman

Craig Nall

Mike McMahon

Tee Martin

Those are the QBs drafted in the 5th round since 2000. Not a single long term starter, and only a handful of mediocre backups.

The people thinking Nate Peterman is going to play well this year with this supporting cast, are crazy.

you guessed wrong. I never followed marcias collegiate career.

I just took an educated guess you were referring to brady and then I commenced to say he's not even close, don't see the harm in that. that said, why even use him as an example? unless it was to say late rounders can and have succeeded, which you did not say (in the post).

he will likely just end up as a back up. although some are looking at him as starting material? at the end of the day I really don't care who starts, the season is a wash anyway.

You guys should work together, reread what I wrote, then collectively try to comprehend it.

Sad when a rookie QB with a 50% completion rate, averaging 5.47 YPA with a QB rating of 71 is everyone's savior...just shows how bad Taylor has been

You mean with an over 60% completion rate with a QB rating of over 100 in four of his last five games? 47 tds vs. 15 turnovers bad? Yup, terrible...the absolute worst.

well, I call it as I see it. you have been pretty adamant about taylor all off season. now, after 3 preseason games you're calling the back up an upgrade?

he very well could be but if taylor flops, which is possible, I really don't see the kid as that much of an upgrade, especially based off preseason?

likely both flop and they'll draft the savior in 2018? although I have seen that story many, many times and the end has always been the same.

Does it do any good for me to back a QB Buffalo doesn't see a future in? So I can just be more disapointed when he's gone?

When the writtings on the wall?

Seriously...( I know, I know, why so serious)

Edited by Figster

Does it do any good for me to back a QB Buffalo doesn't see a future in? So I can just be more disapointed when he's gone?

Seriously...

I'm just curious, you base the "writing on the wall" from 3 preseason games?

you're right. you should never back a QB that you were so adamant about his success as the starter for the buffalo bills going forward..

instead you should back an unknown rookie who has never started an nfl game and has the possibility of not having a future either.

remember, whaley drafted him and it seems, player by player, this regime is trying to get rid of any remnants of the past regime.

There is this saying - The straw that broke the camels back.

An avid TT fan can see just enough to know he might not evolve. If there is no evolution maybe, just maybe you see who else might evolve.

A semi avid TT fan has seen enough to know he might not evolve.

A TT "hater" has seen enough to know he will not evolve.

Seriously...( I know, I know, why so serious)

Dear Flip Flop Figster .....

Egg Zactly that

you're right. you should never back a QB that you were so adamant about his success as the starter for the buffalo bills going forward..

instead you should back an unknown rookie who has never started an nfl game and has the possibility of not having a future either.

remember, whaley drafted him and it seems, player by player, this regime is trying to get rid of any remnants of the past regime.

I base my judgement on 2 to 3 full seasons. Being 7th season it's a bit easier to think what we think.

I'm not going to argue someone clearly chugging the kool-aid.

my2cents.

0-16? I'm not going to argue someone clearly chugging rat poison

I'm not going to argue someone clearly chugging the kool-aid.

I wasn't trying to argue. No point in arguing with someone who thinks this team would suddenly be bad enough to be one of the 2 or 3 worst teams in NFL history ​because of one player.

That's just really stupid.

The Bills are likely to win at least a handful of games on the back of its defense alone.

lol, ok