Here comes Harvey

/dev/null

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Harvey's just coming off a rehab stint with the Brooklyn Cyclones. Will ESPN even say his name?

Yes. The likely context will be, "well, after only 1/3 of an inning, here comes Collins to take the ball from Matt Harvey."

EDIT: After 1/3 of an inning, Harvey had given up 4 hits and 4 runs and the Mets had someone up in the bullpen. He got out of the inning. If that had actually come true, I was playing the lottery, for sure!

Edited by Gugny

You can't make this stuff up. In their first home game following the hurricane, the opposing pitcher is Matt Harvey.

It was a doubleheader. I got free tickets for the second game, but didn't even watch the first game because I had some stuff to do. Had no idea who was pitching, or how bad it was going. My brother is a Mets fan, so I texted him to tell him I was going to the game. Went something like this.

"Hey, you're still a Mets fan, right?"

"I don't want to talk about Harvey."

"Try living in Houston. Every time I turn on the TV, or radio, or login to the internet. All anybody here talks about is the hurricane."

"Um, not talking about the hurricane."

It was a doubleheader. I got free tickets for the second game, but didn't even watch the first game because I had some stuff to do. Had no idea who was pitching, or how bad it was going. My brother is a Mets fan, so I texted him to tell him I was going to the game. Went something like this.

"Hey, you're still a Mets fan, right?"

"I don't want to talk about Harvey."

"Try living in Houston. Every time I turn on the TV, or radio, or login to the internet. All anybody here talks about is the hurricane."

"Um, not talking about the hurricane."

That's priceless!