Kraft gives SB Ring to Putin, I mean Trump

Govt. Union Rep: Employees Only Have To Be “Available To Work” To Get Paid

by Jazz Shaw

NissanUAW.jpg

FTA:

It’s not just the VA where we’re having trouble cutting out the deadwood, however. This report from the Washington Post has at least one real eye opener in it. The head of the Treasury has been made aware of problems at the Patent and Trademark Office. Over there, a number of workers were found to be falsifying their time reporting, billing the government for hundreds of thousands of dollars for time not worked. In some of the most severe cases, workers put in two hours of time, then had the audacity to charge the government for a full day plus two hours of overtime. Only one person has managed to be fired in that scandal and that case may be put on hold also.

Sounds like this should be fairly easy to clean up, right? Not so fast. Enter Harold Ross, president of Local 243 of the National Treasury Employees Union. He doesn’t see any reason for disciplinary action because even if his union members weren’t on the job, they were available to work. (Emphasis added)

Kraft won't miss it, Brady will win at least 2 more over the next five seasons for him.

Govt officials are not supposed to accept gifts over $25.

Ethics issue.

Oh wait.

This law does not apply to the President and Vice-President, as receiving gifts is one of the protocols of the office. Both must report gifts with a value in excess of, I believe, $350.

The giver of the gift must differentiate if the gift was intended to the sitting President (or Vice), or the Office of the President. In the case of the first, the sitting President is free to keep the gift when they exit the Office.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Gifts to the sitting President are property of the White House, not the individual.

I mean...usually. I doubt Trump knows that.

Possibly.

This law does not apply to the President and Vice-President, as receiving gifts is one of the protocols of the office. Both must report gifts with a value in excess of, I believe, $350.

The giver of the gift must differentiate if the gift was intended to the sitting President (or Vice), or the Office of the President. In the case of the first, the sitting President is free to keep the gift when they exit the Office.

Thanks for the clarification.

- this thread was meant as humor.

Kraft won't miss it, Brady will win at least 2 more over the next five seasons for him.

Where did that post come from??

Unions have been doing that for ages.

One of the biggest reasons I think they are bad for companies.

The next is not being "forced" to work below your station.

2 people sit side by side, 1 has 40 hours of work sitting there the other one sits reading a book waiting for a more complex task to perform.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Sorry Shady, for the first time the quote button worked for me on my handheld device. It picked up a LONG quote from another thread, but I guess that's progress...

no biggie

I just assumed it was a deleted post.

A SB ring costs more than $350. Will he claim it on his financial disclosure?

A replica SB ring (costume jewelry what a cheapskate Kraft is) could.

James said that Trump received a customized ring that mirrored what Patriots players and staff received following their Super Bowl victory. Those rings were crafted in 10-karat white gold and featured 280 diamonds with the words “World Champions” on the front. The inside of the ring includes, “We are all Patriots” and “greatest comeback ever,” a nod to the 31 unanswered points scored against the Falcons in the most dramatic comeback win in Super Bowl history.

In 2015, Kraft ordered rings valued at $36,500 each or approximately $5.5 million in total, according to ESPN. Those rings featured 200 diamonds.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan