It's a good time to be on vacation

Shaw66

Lol no.

He's spot on, it was just funny he said he hasn't seen, read or heard anything about the Bills but it doesn't look good.

That pretty much sums up being a bills fan. You don't have to read, watch or hear anything about the team. Instinctively you know it's bad.

Its funny and sad at the same time.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So in conclusion, you've seen nothing, heard nothing, read nothing, but are convinced that (1) you're discouraged with McDermott not delivering, (2) Taylor is overpaid, and (3) Boldin looks old.

Man, I do love this place sometimes. I look forward to your reviews about movies you haven't seen! :lol:

Shaw is as credible as anyone else around here.

Dude is a generally fair and accurate critic, and a quality poster (which are increasingly hard to find).

I would argue that our regular seasons do resemble our preseasons. Also, even if you don't want to believe it, penalties are concerning so far this preseason, and that is supposed to be the hallmark of McD. I would also argue Boldin did look old on that play. Seems reasonable to me.

uh, well how about where he implies that $7.5m is overpaying for a good NFL qb. ridiculous.

Did Taylor look GOOD to you?

In comparison to Peterman? what is his cost?

Or even Yates? what is his cost?

Big Taylor fan here , but until T T can stand in a pocket and make plays the WC Dennison O is practically useless.

Edited by Figster

can't say I blame a 15 year vet for mailing in a preseason game.

same goes for Shaw

I think the post was meant more as a way to drop in and say hello for some of us that may have been expecting/looking forward to the Rockpile review. I know I was

Look forward to having him back.

Edited by Figster

This thread doesn't have to be a discussion about me, although I love the idea that both Boldin and I mailed it in.

I'm a Taylor fan, too, but from all I've seen and read about the first two games, and training camp, for that matter, he is not looking like the long-term future. Of course, the season hasn't started yet, and he's still learning the offense, and Matthews is out and Boldin hasn't been worked into the offense yet and Glenn is out and all of that.

All we have to talk about is what they've done in the first two preseason games, and it isn't pretty.

This thread doesn't have to be a discussion about me, although I love the idea that both Boldin and I mailed it in.

I'm a Taylor fan, too, but from all I've seen and read about the first two games, and training camp, for that matter, he is not looking like the long-term future. Of course, the season hasn't started yet, and he's still learning the offense, and Matthews is out and Boldin hasn't been worked into the offense yet and Glenn is out and all of that.

All we have to talk about is what they've done in the first two preseason games, and it isn't pretty.

hahaha,

I'll 2nd that...

I think the main reason you are/were so respected Shaw is because you don't flip out if someone disagree with you...you never demean the other posters and have an open mind about different opinions...at least, that's why I always read your stuff....I've disagreed with you a few time, but it generated good discussion without any name calling...unfortunately, it is now a rare thing on message boards...

Keep up the good work !

So in conclusion, you've seen nothing, heard nothing, read nothing, but are convinced that (1) you're discouraged with McDermott not delivering, (2) Taylor is overpaid, and (3) Boldin looks old.

Man, I do love this place sometimes. I look forward to your reviews about movies you haven't seen! :lol:

I figured he could smell the Bills stink from wherever far away he is?

Lol no.

He's spot on, it was just funny he said he hasn't seen, read or heard anything about the Bills but it doesn't look good.

That pretty much sums up being a bills fan. You don't have to read, watch or hear anything about the team. Instinctively you know it's bad. 😂😂

I don't often agree with you but I can't argue with this!

Reading these posts makes it sound like I was fortunate not to see those games. Or smelled them.

Man, I hope McD knows what he's doing.

I don't often agree with you but I can't argue with this!

Reading these posts makes it sound like I was fortunate not to see those games. Or smelled them.

The games left me feeling kind of sick overall. So yeah you picked the perfect ones to miss! Lets hope Baltimore is better.

I'm on the road, didn't see the Eagles game (nor the Vikings game), and I've barely read or seen anything about the Bills.

Here's what I think from afar:

1. Seems like the same old preseason we always get out of the Bills, and that's a bad sign, because the regular season always looks a lot like the preseason. The offense needs to be crisp, sharp and effective, and it seems they've been anything but that. No long drives, no touchdowns. Of course, Matthews isn't playing an Boldin is brand new to the team, but still, the Bills need more offense than they showed.

2. Most discouraging is that McDermott is supposed to be all about fundamentals, details and discipline, but his team is piling up penalties as though Rex were still the coach. I said all off season that we won't know what we've got until they start firing live ammo, and it's all up to McDermott. Well, at least so far, McDermott doesn't seem to be delivering on what the Bills needed most.

3. Taylor seems to be doing his best to demonstrate that the Bills overspent when they redid his contract. Both INTs Tursday were on him.

4. Boldin looked like an old man on the INT to Darby.

See you all in another week.

Hope your vacation is going well. I agree with your assessment that things aren't looking great for 2017. Seems to me the new regime have been evaluating the players throughout training camp and, in my opinion, have come to realize that there simply isn't enough talent on this team to compete at a playoff level. Especially at the QB position. It wouldn't surprise me if they make a decision to see what Peterman can do with the ones sooner rather than later. They will have to know what they got in him before next year's draft. Therefore they are leaning towards building towards the future by gaining draft picks. Hence the Sammy and Darby trades. Furthermore, there has been some signs that the young players in the WR core, specifically Shorts and Reilly that deserve time with the twos. All of this makes it look more like "sacrifice now, win later" instead of "win now, win later". Hopefully they will still be fun to watch, cause I will watch every snap.

Tell me what part of his assessment is wrong? Watching the game or on vacation he is spot on with this absolute joke of an organization. well at least we don't have to worry about Boldin looking old anymore.

Edited by Gordio

I heard a press interview from Shawn after the Eagles game, they asked him about all the blitzes from the Eagles, you could read between the lines he didn't appreciate what they did by sending the house every play. He answered diplomatically saying that must have been what they wanted to practice in the pre-season.

BS, they wanted to thumb their noses at Buffalo, we didn't game plan, they did.