Sammy will be a free agent. If healthy get him back.

Cherrybone

Cherry picking is weak. 3 seasons, 37 games, 153 catches, 2,459 yards and 17 TDs. Those are solid stats, it they're sure not elite. Even in his best season he barely broke 1k yards. That's not enough for a #1 WR so yes, its underperforming for that. He's obviously got talent, but he doesn't have the production to match. He very well might change that this season. It's his contract year so I'd bet he will do everything he can to produce. He'll probably have his best season yet. But I do not want any part of him long term because I expect him to be way overpaid with his second contract. I'm glad we aren't the ones that are going to give it to him.

Why would I look at a season when he was injured as a measure of what his abilities are? Underachieveing? Hardly as 1K+ yards on 60 catches at 17.5 YPC with 9 TDs is highly productive. Typical I don't appreciate great players on my team Bills' fan attitude. Good luck Buffalo.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then just throw in another future #1 then.........and keep a guy you will not replace with a #1 in Watkins.

People look at that draft and think it's common for there to be WR talent available like that.........it's not.

I was even clamoring for them to get another WR later.......make hay when the sun shines.

This past draft.........Mike Williams? That guy might have gone 3rd round or later in Watkins class.

Watkins was not tendered. So it is obvious that he wasn't in the long term plans. Odds are that Watkins was not going to choose to stay with the team when he was on the market. So the organization made a deal where they got something in return instead of getting nada.

The more crucial issue isn't Watkins as it is the status of our qb situation. Accumulating picks and better positioning oneself to select an authentic qb prospect is more important than having a talented receiver who is going to be underutilized because of the qb situation.

With or without Watkins this isn't a playoff team. Until the qb issue is addressed everything else is a peripheral issue. Trading Watkins put the franchise in a better situation to address the more important issue for this lagging franchise. I not only understand their reasoning but I agree with it.

Watkins was not tendered. So it is obvious that he wasn't in the long term plans. Odds are that Watkins was not going to choose to stay with the team when he was on the market. So the organization made a deal where they got something in return instead of getting nada.

The more crucial issue isn't Watkins as it is the status of our qb situation. Accumulating picks and better positioning oneself to select an authentic qb prospect is more important than having a talented receiver who is going to be underutilized because of the qb situation.

With or without Watkins this isn't a playoff team. Until the qb issue is addressed everything else is a peripheral issue. Trading Watkins put the franchise in a better situation to address the more important issue for this lagging franchise. I not only understand their reasoning but I agree with it.

As evidenced by what? Not to mention he could have been tagged.

Why would I look at a season when he was injured as a measure of what his abilities are? Underachieveing? Hardly as 1K+ yards on 60 catches at 17.5 YPC with 9 TDs is highly productive. Typical I don't appreciate great players on my team Bills' fan attitude. Good luck Buffalo.

serious question.

How did you feel about Stevie Johnson? Because he had 3 straight seasons of 1,000+ yards. And I don't recall anyone ever saying he was elite. In fact the opposite. I recall everyone always making comment that he wasn't even a #1.

serious question.

How did you feel about Stevie Johnson? Because he had 3 straight seasons of 1,000+ yards. And I don't recall anyone ever saying he was elite. In fact the opposite. I recall everyone always making comment that he wasn't even a #1.

He wasn't. Completely different talent level.

serious question.

Because obviously in the NFL talent/potential > production/consistency

As evidenced by what? Not to mention he could have been tagged.

He wasn't tagged. That's a fact! You can disagree with their not tendering but they made a decision not to. That is an indication that he wasn't in their plans.

I believe that the new regime came in with a strategy of rebuilding the roster and undoing the work of Whaley and Rex. In my view they are at least three years away from being a playoff team. This is what happens when you haven't had a franchise qb for a quarter century, and this is what happens when you take a patchwork approach building a roster for the sake of striving to be a fringe playoff team. The primary method of accomplishing this endeavor is through the draft. So don't be surprised when assets are sold off for picks.

yet he produced more than Sammy and he's already a hall of gamer in your eyes.

You crack me up man.

You obviously don't get it. Stevie Johnson's best year he had 82 catches for 1073 yards (13.1 YPC) and 10 TDs Sammy's best is 60 catches for 1047 yards (17.5 YPC) and 9 TDs. More explosive player who can dictate coverage and must be accounted for with a specific gameplan is Sammy Watkins. If you don't understand the difference, then I don't know what to tell you.

He wasn't tagged. That's a fact! You can disagree with their not tendering but they made a decision not to. That is an indication that he wasn't in their plans.

I believe that the new regime came in with a strategy of rebuilding the roster and undoing the work of Whaley and Rex. In my view they are at least three years away from being a playoff team. This is what happens when you haven't had a franchise qb for a quarter century, and this is what happens when you take a patchwork approach building a roster for the sake of striving to be a fringe playoff team. The primary method of accomplishing this endeavor is through the draft. So don't be surprised when assets are sold off for picks.

His 5th year option wasn't exercised and he never got to the point where he could have been tagged. Tendered what happens to RFAs or exclusive rights FAs. No need to gut the team of young talent that can help your potential franchise QB that you plan to acquire. Shortsighted to trade him IMO.

You obviously don't get it. Stevie Johnson's best year he had 82 catches for 1073 yards (13.1 YPC) and 10 TDs Sammy's best is 60 catches for 1047 yards (17.5 YPC) and 9 TDs. More explosive player who can dictate coverage and must be accounted for with a specific gameplan is Sammy Watkins. If you don't understand the difference, then I don't know what to tell you.

yeah. You look at the YPC. I get it. That's important for you. Nice cherry picking your stats. When I see less yards, less receptions, and less TDs. Oh, and Fitzpicksix throwing him the ball.

Don't let me get in your way of the every dying love you have for Sammy Watkins. It's not showing or anything.

I think for xmas I'm going to get you one of his dreadlocks. You can go to sleep with it under your pillow every night.

yeah. You look at the YPC. I get it. That's important for you. Nice cherry picking your stats. When I see less yards, less receptions, and less TDs. Oh, and Fitzpicksix throwing him the ball.

Don't let me get in your way of the every dying love you have for Sammy Watkins. It's not showing or anything.

I think for xmas I'm going to get you one of his dreadlocks. You can go to sleep with it under your pillow every night.

This. :lol:

Of course that's all you see. The bolded text is all nonsense that adds nothing to the conversation.

Wait...are you trying to argue Stevie is as good or better than Watkins? Stevie couldn't hold Sammy's jock, and if you don't know why or can't tell the difference in talent, then I just don't even know what to say...

Wait...are you trying to argue Stevie is as good or better than Watkins? Stevie couldn't hold Sammy's jock, and if you don't know why or can't tell the difference in talent, then I just don't even know what to say...

It's ridiculous to say the least.