[closed]Rebuild or Tank job for the 17 season

BmarvB

I get the logic of the recent trades for draft currency in 18, but what is the goal for this season, sacrifice 17 to rebuild for 18? I thought they were aiming to try and win now while building on what we already have going forward.

Your thoughts?

Edited by BmarvB

I think the goal is clearly to stay competitive WHILE rebuilding the team Beane and McD want to field. They may have lost a dynamic player in Watkins, but they also made sure to fill holes with capable starting talent & invest in the future. All this tank talk is premature.

This front office isn't following the traditional "tank and reload" model. If they deal McCoy then the conversation can shift. But until then, I still think there is enough starting talent on this team, that if McD, Frazier and Dennison coach the way I believe they can, AND the team stays healthier than most others, they could still compete for a WC spot.

Edited by ThunderGun

I think the goal is clearly to stay competitive WHILE rebuilding the team Beane and McD want to field. They may have lost a dynamic player in Watkins, but they also made sure to fill holes with capable starting talent & invest in the future. All this tank talk is premature.

This front office isn't following the traditional "tank and reload" model. If they deal McCoy then the conversation can shift. But until then, I still think there is enough starting talent on this team, that if McD, Frazier and Dennison coach the way I believe they can, AND the team stays healthier than most others, they could still compete for a WC spot.

Honestly, this is how I see it as well. I am betting there will be others who disagree.

They are trying to look like all the past Bills seasons. Good enough to win some games but not good enough to actually challenge for a playoff spot. They got picks that they wanted for next year while downgrading in talent but not completely erasing the team of talent. After all, isn't that what the Bills always are? Some talent but not enough.

My worry is the fact that 2018 is the year to shed the big salaries. That's when we get big chunks of cap space for cutting Shady, Clay, Taylor and Dareus (post June 1st).

If we are trading pieces to get draft picks in 18, it's because a purge is coming then. So that's two years down the tubes

ded1eb828c2c66bd3ac83ca478ae9fbc--kevin-

I had to laugh at this

Really???

Really!!!

Then trade Tyrod for a 2nd or a 3rd then we can go 4-12. This season is worthless, so kill it.

I couldn't agree more but I think they keep TT.

I would prefer Peterman getting the starts.

Honestly, this is how I see it as well. I am betting there will be others who disagree.

I think WC is a long shot but I do think it's a possibility if we get a lot of lucky bounces

ded1eb828c2c66bd3ac83ca478ae9fbc--kevin-

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol:

They have two first-round picks, two second-round picks, two third-round picks, and a fourth, fifth and seventh. That's nine draft picks with six of those in the first three rounds

Please don't. To me, this is a separate issue other than the trades themselves

Agreed.

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.