Former SU and Pats coach Dick MacPherson dies at 86

he was seemingly such a nice guy, did wonders for the Syracuse Football Program

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2017/08/former_syracuse_football_coach_dick_macpherson_dies_at_86_years_old.html#incart_breaking

sorry, my name is attached to the thread, i am removing the Pats* refrerence

Edited by The Poojer

Sad day. SU Football hasn't been relevant since him. I remember writing a paper (well a few paragraphs anyway) in 4th grade about how he was dumb for making the move from SU to the Patriots since the Patriots were so bad and SU was so good. Man how times change. He was SU football and they've been chasing his success ever since.

Sad day. SU Football hasn't been relevant since him. I remember writing a paper (well a few paragraphs anyway) in 4th grade about how he was dumb for making the move from SU to the Patriots since the Patriots were so bad and SU was so good. Man how times change. He was SU football and they've been chasing his success ever since.

SU football fell off when they fired Coach P. He kept in the top 25 most of his tenure

Edited by CNY315

I was a season ticket holder from 1987-2002. He was the man who revitalized a dead program and returned it to prominence. Great, great man! He will be missed.

Tell me you were there for the 32-31 win over WV that pushed them to 11-0.

I've seen 5 AFC Title games in person and that SU-WV game was one of the most memorable sporting events I ever went to.

Edited by OJ's Glove