Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

Lol.

Wentz is light years beyond TT.

The numbers didn't reflect it quite yet, but he's doing things in the huddle and in the game that TT will never be able to do. Just like Peyton put up a few bad season's statistically...Wentz is out there figuring out what he can and can't get away with.

TT plays safe and easy football that looks good on the stat sheet, but doesn't get the results when it's needed.

I don't know a single analytical football guy that thinks Wentz is anything more than a longshot. Only casual NFL fans think he looked good his rookie year because casual fans only remember the first 4 games. On the year he had a passer rating of 79.3, a YPA of 6.2, a TD% of 2.6% and an INT% of 2.3%. Those numbers should look familiar to you because they are EJ Manuel bad.

Here is film of all his interceptions:

https://vimeo.com/216598171

Watch that video and honestly tell me you expect this guy to be a decent player in the league. His throwing motion is bad which is why he throws passes too high all the time. He wasn't good last year and if he makes it after looking that bad it will be a surprise.

Of course you don't actually care about Carson Wentz nor do you have any kind of informed opinion on him, you just take any opportunity you can to trash Tyrod.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think that the guy who touched the ball 291 times was more responsible for our offense's success than the guy who touched the ball 573 times?

In what world does successfully taking a snap from the center equate to having a successful impact? EJ takes all the snaps, Zeke runs the ball, EJ throws for 3000 yards runs for 200 and Zeke runs for 1600 and catches for 300. So EJ was the driving force in the offense because he has about 33 percent more production? Right?

I don't know a single analytical football guy that thinks Wentz is anything more than a longshot. Only casual NFL fans think he looked good his rookie year because casual fans only remember the first 4 games. On the year he had a passer rating of 79.3, a YPA of 6.2, a TD% of 2.6% and an INT% of 2.3%. Those numbers should look familiar to you because they are EJ Manuel bad.

Watch that video and honestly tell me you expect this guy to be a decent player in the league. His throwing motion is bad which is why he throws passes too high all the time. He wasn't good last year and if he makes it after looking that bad it will be a surprise.

Of course you don't actually care about Carson Wentz nor do you have any kind of informed opinion on him, you just take any opportunity you can to trash Tyrod.

That's all it really is. Just like MB praising Cutler.

Gonna save this picture and put it as my avatar during the season the minute i am told i am crusading

The problem is that you ONLY point out his flaws and ignore his positive traits. And it's more than just his running ability.

To the OP...I'm not the grammar police but that was hard to read. Had to read it twice. Throw in a capital letter or period here & there.

So you think that the guy who touched the ball 291 times was more responsible for our offense's success than the guy who touched the ball 573 times?

If people want to know why the debate rages on, when most of us on the pro-Tyrod side know his limitations and what he needs to show this year, it's because basic simple facts like the ones BuffaoHokie posted here are ignored by the other side.

If people want to know why the debate rages on, when most of us on the pro-Tyrod side know his limitations and what he needs to show this year, it's because basic simple facts like the ones BuffaoHokie posted here are ignored by the other side.

Yep. I think we are being trolled half the time, and we fall for it.

In what world does successfully taking a snap from the center equate to having a successful impact? EJ takes all the snaps, Zeke runs the ball, EJ throws for 3000 yards runs for 200 and Zeke runs for 1600 and catches for 300. So EJ was the driving force in the offense because he has about 33 percent more production? Right?

573 is Tyrod's passes, rushes, and sacks. Not his handoffs...

291 is Shady's passes, rushes, and receptions.

As to your question, I don't know. How many attempts did they have each? And even then, your scenario is hypothetical and my stats are what actually happened.

EJ was the driving force behind our offense. That's why it stunk. The QB of every team is the driving force. Are you... are you actually trying to argue that that isn't true?

As a passer. Yes he is

I guess we'll have to take your word for it because it's certainly not supported by Wentz's numbers. After the first four games: 9 Tds, 13 Ints, record of 4-8. YPA for the season: 6.2. Again, doesn't mean Wentz won't succeed, but there is no real reason to believe he's likely to be better than Tyrod.

How are you trashing the rookie Wentz for 14 interceptions? He was doing more presnap in his first month as a pro than Taylor has shown the ability to do in his entire career. Wentz had a terrible second half of the season, but you would be hard pressed to find anyone trading him for Tyrod.

Manning had 28 interceptions his rookie year on 30 or so LESS attempts than Wentz had and he only threw 14. That's how you are determining the future of QBs? Yeah just ignore the guys ability to process the game and look at the mistakes he made as a rookie making a huge jump to the NFL from what the Bisons or something? Yikes

The problem is that you ONLY point out his flaws and ignore his positive traits. And it's more than just his running ability.

To the OP...I'm not the grammar police but that was hard to read. Had to read it twice. Throw in a capital letter or period here & there.

No that isnt true either. I dont just point out his flaws. But to be honest i dont care about his running ability. That doesnt offset inadequate play in the pocket.

That is a plus. Not a offset.

Edited by MAJBobby

Wentz worked on his mechanics in the offseason...the same guy that worked with Brady.

My opinion is much more informed than you'll probably ever come to realize, but I'll let things play themselves out regardless.

And as far as football guys and what they think of Wentz...go check out many well known writers and football guys. Michael Silver just did a good piece on him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000823619/article/carson-wentz-comfortable-pushing-entire-eagles-organization%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%253Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%253Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%253Dphi%253Bteam%253Dphi%253Bconf%253Dnfc%253Bdvsn%253Dnce%253Bplyr%253Dbrent_celek%253Bplyr%253Dzachary_ertz%253Bplyr%253Dnelson_agholor&sr=amp

My opinion on Wentz has absolutely nothing to do with TT. Stop with the foolishness and wild assumption's.

I guess we'll have to take your word for it because it's certainly not supported by Wentz's numbers. After the first four games: 9 Tds, 13 Ints, record of 4-8. YPA for the season: 6.2. Again, doesn't mean Wentz won't succeed, but there is no real reason to believe he's likely to be better than Tyrod.

Rookie vs 6 year Pro

EJ was the driving force behind our offense. That's why it stunk. The QB of every team is the driving force. Are you... are you actually trying to argue that that isn't true?

It's about who had the most positive impact on the offense not who made it fail. Get a clue.

This new group of confrontational posters that can't tell their ass from their elbow is going to make for some hilarious discussions once football actually starts.

But the COT told me i was wrong all last year when i said the same thing

You are delusional...when has anyone ever disputed Tyrod needs to improve his anticipation and take more risks?

Your "COT" nickname is as off base as just about all your posts. I have yet to meet a single person who thinks Tyrod is a Franchise QB already with no holes in his game. Everyone who supports him KNOWS there are things he needs to improve, but also KNOWS we could do a LOT worse and he isn't REMOTELY CLOSE to as bad as you and a few die hard haters make him out to be. You are so negative about him that you actually root for him to fail...you are one of the typical ghosts in the shout box and threads when he plays well, and all of a sudden everywhere when he makes a mistake or doesn't play well.

COTH - you should update it be that...Cult of Tyrod Haters...because you guys are the only Cult around here. The rest of us stay in the world of reality where we see the positives and negatives. We also are stoked that we basically got a free year here with him and look forward to see what he does with it. Its his 3rd as a starter, better coaching, better weapons, and better system gives the potential for improvement but we hedged our bets with a team friendly contract and 2 first round picks next year if he doesn't step up. Literally we have nothing to lose, so quit being so damn bitter.

So for the love of everything holy already, how about you actually root for him and the Bills to succeed and save the judgements about his performance until AFTER he actually goes out and performs either good or bad? Although, you and I both know you will never root FOR him, only abasing him. If he goes out and finds success, all you will do is give the credit to everyone else and find new ways to slam him.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I would take Cutler or Wentz over our qb's all day everyday

Go ahead and chastise me some more, your opinions/excuses are more important.

You have no love for those two QBs. This is just an attempt to derail the starter that the Bills have. Which is why I suggest to take the season off. It's obvious you will be rooting against him. And the Cutler of today, and Wentz with what he has shown, both are not better than TT. This has been proven by posters other than myself.

You are delusional...when has anyone ever disputed Tyrod needs to improve his anticipation and take more risks?

Your "COT" nickname is as off base as just about all your posts. I have yet to meet a single person who thinks Tyrod is a Franchise QB already with no holes in his game. Everyone who supports him KNOWS there are things he needs to improve, but also KNOWS we could do a LOT worse and he isn't REMOTELY CLOSE to as bad as you and a few die hard haters make him out to be. You are so negative about him that you actually root for him to fail...you are one of the typical ghosts in the shout box and threads when he plays well, and all of a sudden everywhere when he makes a mistake or doesn't play well.

COTH - you should update it be that...Cult of Tyrod Haters...because you guys are the only Cult around here. The rest of us stay in the world of reality where we see the positives and negatives. We also are stoked that we basically got a free year here with him and look forward to see what he does with it. Its his 3rd as a starter, better coaching, better weapons, and better system gives the potential for improvement but we hedged our bets with a team friendly contract and 2 first round picks next year if he doesn't step up. Literally we have nothing to lose, so quit being so damn bitter.

So for the love of everything holy already, how about you actually root for him and the Bills to succeed and save the judgements about his performance until AFTER he actually goes out and performs either good or bad? Although, you and I both know you will never root FOR him, only abasing him. If he goes out and finds success, all you will do is give the credit to everyone else and find new ways to slam him.

I root for every player to put a Bills uniform on Sunday. The rest of the time it is my right and prerogative to po Jt out flaws in a players game