Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

Wait Ryan! I thought you just said "I'm out" in your previous post. So why are you back "in", one second later? For that matter, what are you doing back here (under a new handle), posting the same snide, repetitive garbage for which you were banned a few months ago?

File another report crybaby.

Or mind your business. JM's been up my arse for weeks.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The numbers didn't reflect it" glad you at least you put this in your post. he is not light years ahead at this point.

I would disagree...and I imagine most experts would as well.

The systems are the big difference in numbers. TT wouldn't be capable of running the offense Wentz is.

It's the same negative stuff though. We are where we are... he's the guy this year.

Can you say truthfully what you want to see from him to decide he's the guy beyond this year? Could you even fathom him being the guy?

Sure i posted what improvement i need to see from him.

And no sorry after 7 years in the NFL you are what you are so no i dont anticipate a big enough improvement to be the guy. But been wrong before but yes would big time surprise me if i was wrong

And attempts, and TDs. The ball is in the QBs hands nearly every play. They are always the most distinguishing factor in an offense's success, especially in today's NFL. To argue otherwise is foolish.

And, to be clear, that's all of Tyrod's contributed yards and all of Shady's contributed yards. Some of it is overlapped because it was passes from Tyrod to Shady.

It's a horrible way to compare a player's impact on an offense. To do so fairly you would need to come up with the average production from each position and rank them against their own position groups and then come up with a way to relate that to the run/pass ratio.

Shady was a top 5 back playing on the top rushing attack. Tyrod was probably below average in passing yards and compensated for some of that with his own rushing yards. Etc. Any quarterback is going to have more production than a running back. I don't care if it's EJ throwing the ball and Zeke running it.

Talking about the run offense as a whole. Did Kolb and co have the best running attack by far in the NFL? The point is that TT adds to why it is so successful in Buffalo.

How much Better is this OL and Shady because of TT?

Quantify it. Make your argument

Edited by MAJBobby

How much Better is this OL and Shady because of TT?

Quantify it. Make your argument

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-bills-should-build-around-tyrod-taylor-not-show-him-the-door

"Those numbers also combat the argument that Taylor has one of the league’s best run games to prop him up. He is adding 550-plus yards to that run game himself each season to make it look far better than it would with a less-mobile QB behind it. Buffalo has a league-leading 2,630 rushing yards this season, but Taylor accounts for 22.0 percent of them, and 23.3 percent of the team’s total in 2015."

Edited by JM2009

It's a horrible way to compare a player's impact on an offense. To do so fairly you would need to come up with the average production from each position and rank them against their own position groups and then come up with a way to relate that to the run/pass ratio.

Shady was a top 5 back playing on the top rushing attack. Tyrod was probably below average in passing yards and compensated for some of that with his own rushing yards. Etc. Any quarterback is going to have more production than a running back. I don't care if it's EJ throwing the ball and Zeke running it.

So you think that the guy who touched the ball 291 times was more responsible for our offense's success than the guy who touched the ball 573 times?

If you kept it into QB threads, it would have been fine, but the thread could be discussing the depth at safety and you'd and you'd bring up Tyrod. It was insane the amount of anti-TT posts you had.

That's where the ignore feature comes in handy, nothing worse than someone targeting a player and turning any discussion into a hate thread for that player. It's almost like copy and paste in every one of their post

I can say his speed threat allows you to run pistol read/triple options. We had a bunch of success in the redzone with this.

You do have to account for him on those plays specifically.

The Redzone i agree with. But to say normal plays not so much. Why?

Well yes you have to account for his legs however that is offset by that you can completely ignore the middle of the field in Pass Defense