Early returns---Paxton Lynch heading towards being a bust...

Big Turk

You show me how many strictly Spread Offense QB's have succeeded in the NFL. Footwork is a huge aspect of the position. The guys who have never had to focus on it before tend to have issues. It contributes to success and failure for sure.

Also, show how many QB's 6'6" and taller have made it in the NFL. Flacco had one great post-season & that's about it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, I love all this, I mean it took Taylor five years before people thought he was a starter and everyone loved it.

This kid is having some early struggles despite being known as a bit a project QB and everyone is writing him off...

And don't give me that BS about where he was drafted, because we had this whole argument leading up to this past draft about taking project QBs higher in the draft.

I don't believe in it... if you are further from starting than not, you aren't a first round talent. However, the NFL hasn't really agreed with me on that as of late.

All-in-all, if it takes Lynch this whole season to still learn the NFL game and then comes out to be a franchise guy... will anyone really be upset that it took the time it was projected to take when he was drafted?

No...typically QBs who lack intangibles don't all of a sudden find them

You show me how many strictly Spread Offense QB's have succeeded in the NFL. Footwork is a huge aspect of the position. The guys who have never had to focus on it before tend to have issues. It contributes to success and failure for sure.

You are right about adjusting from the spread to the pro game. It's awfully tough.

What NFL QB has gone from a strictly spread offense in college to have nfl success?

Drew Brees - Played in a strictly spread offense at Purdue.

And

Cam newton- who Also played in a spread at Auburn

Also Alex Smith at Utah

So it's a slim list of starters

Under Elway they will rebound

Elway is experiencing what (ALMOST) every other owner does in the league- not all QB picks pan out. They have Siemian, so it is not like they are hurting at QB than say like the Jests...Elway WILL right the ship and keep success going.