Mylar Baloons Versus Power Lines

TSNBDSC

I saw that happen at the Ralph that day as we were at the gate. Crazy because all the **** didn't hit the fan right away, I think it was a chain reaction type thing that led to all the power out in the stadium. The bathrooms were an interesting experience that day...

I saw that happen at the Ralph that day as we were at the gate. Crazy because all the **** didn't hit the fan right away, I think it was a chain reaction type thing that led to all the power out in the stadium. The bathrooms were an interesting experience that day...

It was so dark I think I 'accidentally' peed in a sink

San Diego game. Bills won. My brother said it was best game he ever went to. So quiet without all the ads, music, noise. Could hear the refs on field... Like a high school game. Until 4th Quarter and power was restored, then all the ads crammed into one big mess to get them in.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

That's how the power grid was taken down in Iraq at the start of Desert Storm.

Sure, but those were classified, stealth mylar balloons. The real heroes were the team of little people Navy Seals (Seal Team 1/2) who infiltrated into Iraq with the balloons tied to their wrists.

Sure, but those were classified, stealth mylar balloons. The real heroes were the team of little people Navy Seals (Seal Team 1/2) who infiltrated into Iraq with the balloons tied to their wrists.

They were derived from radar-jamming technology, actually.

Seriously...some time in the 80s, some chaff experiment of some kind ended up with mylar strips shorting out some high-tension power lines in Southern California, which led to the Air Force saying "Hey, now here's an idea..."