Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Week 2

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"but not all of it was his fault this time around. While he did miss some targets, the offensive line in front of him really didnt give him a lot of time to operate in the pocket "

That's good Taylor has to learn to get rid of the ball quicker.

PITTSFORD -- The future of Seantrel Henderson's football career has truly become a 24-hour struggle.

As he adjusts to living with Crohn's disease, it's not enough for Henderson to simply report each day for practice and film study. He has to work just as hard to maintain the weight needed to play offensive line in the NFL.

"I have a meal plan," Henderson said after a recent training camp practice at St. John Fisher College. "Meats and greens every day, protein shakes, a lot of fruit. As long as I keep gulping up a lot of everything, and getting my calories in, I'm good to go. I can keep my weight up."

At his lowest weight after being diagnosed, Henderson dropped to 280 pounds. He weighs 345 today -- a testament to how hard he's worked.

That is truly amazing , rooting for the big guy all the way. Leave him alone Roger.

Jones - it's good to get back out there and play football again. It gets challenging at times, a lot of emotion out there #Bills

Jones - from college to the NFL, speed of the game has picked up, lots of things have been thrown at me. That's what I've noticed so far

Jones - my focus right now is to go out and do the best job I can on the field #Bills

Jones - I let my emotions take over, whatever way it goes. Not to high, not to low. You have to be passionate to play this game #Bills

Jones - I'm trying to find ways to motivate myself even more out there. Right now, it's winning football games #Bills

Beane - LeSean McCoy had a stomach bug, so we gave him a full day of rest yesterday. Hopefully he'll be a full go today #Bills

Beane - starting to see some guys showing up. We're still very early in the process. First test will be on Friday at New Era Field #Bills

Beane - we'll still be feeling our way early in the year. Coaches and players will still be feeling each other yet. This is a process #Bills

Beane - in our game, the biggest thing is injuries. If the wrong player gets hurt, it can really set you back #Bills

Beane - The Pegulas do a great job with all the sports science things they provide us. Every little thing we do is measured #Bills

Beane - Boldin is at a time in his life where family is most important. We're giving him as much time as he needs. He need to be all in

Beane - Boldin has been around a long time, he's a pro's pro. He's worked out all offseason. #Bills

Beane - When Boldin's ready for whatever team he chooses, he'll be ready #Bills

Beane - these guys have their own story, we learn about them every year. I think we've gotten more out of it than we first intended #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

The #Bills are on the field for Day 6 of training camp. Watch it live here: https://www.facebook.com/ByJoeBuscaglia/videos/1064427127026865/

@MatthewFairburn

Notes from Danny Crossman: Colton Schmidt off to a strong start in punting competition. Andre Holmes, Leonard Johnson early ST standouts.

@MatthewFairburn

Richie Incognito has a veteran day off. Greg Mabin out with a hamstring. Brandon Tate limited with a calf.

@JonScottTV

Marcell Dareus getting stretched out. Missed a few practices with tweaked hamstring. #BillsCamp

DGOgv1OUIAITLi3.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

LeSean McCoy doesn't looked to be slowed at all in his return from stomach but this morning. #Bills

@SalSports

Watching DL on back field. DE Eddie Yarbrough (75) continues to be on 2nd team with Ryan Davis

@JonScottTV

Sammy Watkins doing push-ups after dropping one-handed catch on ball thrown behind him. Now that's high expectations #BillsCamp

@SalSports

1st, 2nd, 3rd O units working on 3rd down play and getting FG team on the field as quick as possible. Hauschka goes 3/3 including 52 yarder

Crossman: McDermott a leader who cares

mcdermott-8-2-story.jpg

Bills special teams coordinator Danny Crossman described coach McDermott's approach in leading this team that has him encouraged about where they're headed.

@thadbrown7

#Bills D jumps offside. As guys go back to huddle, DiMarco re spots ball 5 yards up. Funny. Streater undressed Wright for catch next play

@Spencito_

We have our first donnybrook of camp. Shamiel Gray and Philly Brown getting in each other's faces. Pushing ensued. #Bills

@thadbrown7

Yates floats one to Logan Thomas. Pass so soft 2 defenders had closed. But Thomas reaches up, catches, takes double hit and keeps trucking.

@thadbrown7

Zay Jones gets lots of love from Phil McGeoghan and McDermott after run block. Tyrod follows with 15 yarder OVER MIDDLE to Holmes.

Good....I want to see more of this.