Sammy Watkins:"I love Buffalo.My job is to stay here forever

This is a pretty odd statement and completely false. But I'm not surprised.

What about:

Joe Thomas and the Browns?

Joe Haden and the Browns?

Matt Stafford and the Lions?

Muhammed Wilkerson and the Jets?

Robert Quinn and the Rams?

Gerald McCoy and the Bucs?

Derrick Carr and the Raiders? Yes they were good last year but from 2003 until last year....Raiders were a "loser program".

and our own Marcel Dareus, Cordy Glenn, Kyle Williams, Eric Wood, etc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just gonna root for the kid to shine this year

...why the hell not bud?.....the kid has played through some pretty good dings until things got serious.......AND in the usual OBD mess from Admin to HC/overall coaching & player turmoil that we've been accustomed to over the last 17 years....so why not give him a clean slate and new shot?....I'm in.............

This is a pretty odd statement and completely false. But I'm not surprised.

What about:

Joe Thomas and the Browns?

Joe Haden and the Browns?

Matt Stafford and the Lions?

Muhammed Wilkerson and the Jets?

Robert Quinn and the Rams?

Gerald McCoy and the Bucs?

Derrick Carr and the Raiders? Yes they were good last year but from 2003 until last year....Raiders were a "loser program".

I dunno, guys who don't care about winning Super Bowls?

I don't see the incentive for Watkins to sign an extension for a team that didn't pick up his option, when he could wait for free agency and sign with the Patriots or other SB contender, OR, with a team that will pay him more than the Bills will pay...

I was listening to WGR and they were discussing Bruce Arians's philosophy.

When you have players as talented as Larry Fitzgerald or TY Hilton, who Arians had as OC, you throw them the ball if they are single covered every time.

They also mentioned that in 37 full games Sammy has played in, only 10 times was he targeted 10 times or more....that's it. Watkins only average 6 attempts per game played last year.

While you have the other great WR in the league averaging 10 a game.

Hopefully when Sammy gets singled up this year, we throw him the ball.

Edited by Teeflebees

I don't see the incentive for Watkins to sign an extension for a team that didn't pick up his option, when he could wait for free agency and sign with the Patriots or other SB contender, OR, with a team that will pay him more than the Bills will pay...

It's called a franchise tag.

Really? So you're opinion is that good players who don't sign with good teams don't care about winning Super Bowls? Only Super Bowl contenders deserve top free agent. this really how your mind thinks?

I guess Reggie White didn't care about winning a Super Bowl when he signed with the Green Bay Packers since they were bad when he joined them....

Just because you don't see the incentive doesn't mean there isn't one. When he said he wants to stay a Bill, you know he might really mean it.

It's called a franchise tag.

Or he might really want to stay here.

It's a foreign concept to T-Bomb that a player might actually be telling the truth to the media...

Marcel Dareus said he wanted to be there, so did Cordy Glenn....guess what....they signed extensions. So did several other players.

You do realize that he can be tagged and its not up to him right?

Really? So you're opinion is that good players who don't sign with good teams don't care about winning Super Bowls? Only Super Bowl contenders deserve top free agent. this really how your mind thinks?

I guess Reggie White didn't care about winning a Super Bowl when he signed with the Green Bay Packers since they were bad when he joined them....

Just because you don't see the incentive doesn't mean there isn't one. When he said he wants to stay a Bill, you know he might really mean it.

Or he might really want to stay here.

It's a foreign concept to T-Bomb that a player might actually be telling the truth to the media...

Marcel Dareus said he wanted to be there, so did Cordy Glenn....guess what....they signed extensions. So did several other players.

It could very well be the case, but the Bills will have the opportunity to control his rights for at least a couple of seasons beyond 2017.

I found that quip to be very repulsive. Sure, some of those guys on the list like Mo Wilkerson seemed to have wanted nothing but the benjamins for themselves, but for guys like Gerald McCoy, Matt Stafford, and Joe Thomas - who are high-character, hard working players - maybe want to stick with the team that rewarded and drafted them so high to right the ship for their franchise while getting very fair market deals.

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

...why the hell not bud?.....the kid has played through some pretty good dings until things got serious.......AND in the usual OBD mess from Admin to HC/overall coaching & player turmoil that we've been accustomed to over the last 17 years....so why not give him a clean slate and new shot?....I'm in.............

Good! I will add you to the growing list !

I was listening to WGR and they were discussing Bruce Arians's philosophy.

When you have players as talented as Larry Fitzgerald or TY Hilton, who Arians had as OC, you throw them the ball if they are single covered every time.

They also mentioned that in 37 full games Sammy has played in, only 10 times was he targeted 10 times or more....that's it. Watkins only average 6 attempts per game played last year.

While you have the other great WR in the league averaging 10 a game.

Hopefully when Sammy gets singled up this year, we throw him the ball.

He was used to pull defense from the run game waaaay too much

You do realize that he can be tagged and its not up to him right?

Which is high dollar, so sure, he can stick it out for one or two franchise tags making the top 5 or whatever at his position, doesn't mean he wants to be here and that he would resign here when he hits free agency or sign a mid-season extension for less money than the open market would bring.

I just find Bills Fans to be some of the most gullible, lapping up all the crap players and coaches spew, especially during this time of year. Sammy is just saying what ppl want to hear, it's plain to see that...

For the last 20 years, being drafted by the Buffalo Bills is not a great way to start your NFL career and players know it. Keep quiet or say the right things the gullible fans will hang on, do your time in Buffalo, then move on to a franchise that can win. That's what Gilmore did, and that's what all players should do if they actually want rings and not just cash.

@jonahjavad

#Bills WR Sammy Watkins on team declining to pick up 5th-year option: "It's my job to go out there and earn it and stay healthy." @WGRZ

#Bills WR Sammy Watkins: "I love Buffalo. My job is to stay here forever." @WGRZ

Watkins says he's self-motivated this year (staying healthy, winning games, playoffs) & the contract/money are not part of it. #Bills @WGRZ

@joebuscaglia

Sammy Watkins says there isn't any lingering thought about the team declining his fifth-year option . #Bills

#Bills WR Sammy Watkins said the foot stopped hurting him right after he had surgery, because, well, he blocked out the pain.

Sammy Watkins: "The foot is fine. I'm healed. Just trying to get back on the same page as Tyrod."

Love that Sammy is saying the right things. It's a start. He is the most dynamic talent on the team. :thumbsup: