Adolphus Washington update

Just like in Dallas where they cut Lucky Whitehead before the facts come out. Let the situation play itself out before we judge. Hard do do sometimes. When I first heard what had happened with Adolphus I said "what is that idiot thinking ".

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you carry in a park or on a sidewalk or in a restaurant or in a car or in a store? Because people who carry, carry. It's not like there is a sign somewhere that says you may need a gun here but not there. That should be considered basic logic.

...but why would you invite Goodell's microscope to watch your every move?.....seriously?...carrying to a water park that is principally a children's venue?.....any common sense here?......Jesus.........

Yes, that is basically what he is saying. Good freaking grief.

So you're saying that he was simply exercising his constitutional right, so "nothing to see here."

Interesting.

Washington was driving a three-wheeled vehicle with an open top at the time, which implies that it was not possible for a weapon to be placed out of sight.
We now know that the vehicle that Washington was arrested in was a Polaris Slingshot, which he was seen sitting in while engaging with police in NSFW video of the incident released by TMZ.com. You can watch the video by clicking this link.
I think it gets dismissed , the important thing he looked sober in the police car video.
That's a cool looking vehicle he has btw

Saw one of those in Alexandria. I certainly did a double take on it. I wonder how cool would it be to drive a vehicle illegal to drive in Texas (no built in gun safe I guess).

Why would you carry in a park or on a sidewalk or in a restaurant or in a car or in a store? Because people who carry, carry. It's not like there is a sign somewhere that says you may need a gun here but not there. That should be considered basic logic.

Yes, that is basically what he is saying. Good freaking grief.

Good grief. So do you mean that if anyone is exercising his constitutional right, that they should be left alone?

I'll remind you, Washington was charged with a crime. But if someone exercises a constitutional right and commits no crime, do you believe they should be left alone and not suffer any repercussions?

Good grief. So do you mean that if anyone is exercising his constitutional right, that they should be left alone?

I'll remind you, Washington was charged with a crime. But if someone exercises a constitutional right and commits no crime, do you believe they should be left alone and not suffer any repercussions?

does he need a good reason to obide by the constitution? To carry his gun? No

Is he innocent of a crime until proven guilty? Yes.

Was he an idiot for having a firearm in his hand with a cop able to see It? It seems so.

Is there a reason this is at all debatable?

No.

Funny. Now that the season is near, I've been tuning back to Sirius NFL, and caught Vic Carucci and some other talking head mention a tweet by LeSean McCoy about how, in life, you make good decisions or bad choices.

That was all he wrote, but it gave Carucci the segue he needed to say he doesn't want to speculate what McCoy was talking about, but if he had to, he'd speculate that tweet was about Washington, and how it almost escalated into something horrible, and that led to talking about Washington's character, and that led to talking about a hooker in college.

Guns and hookers. That's a sportswriter's wet dream exacta. Most sportswriters LOVE it when sports figures get in trouble, especially with something like guns, so they can take their high-and-mighty act on the road for click baits and interviews.

People who carry always carry. It's not something they do based on where they're going to be. That may not make sense to you, but that doesn't mean it makes no sense to everyone.

I'm so confused about this. I don't agree with letting everyone own every weapon under the sun, but if that's the rule then why is this a thing with Washington? I read about guys walking around elementary schools with AK-47's in plain sight and all the cops do is wave hello.

I'm so confused about this. I don't agree with letting everyone own every weapon under the sun, but if that's the rule then why is this a thing with Washington? I read about guys walking around elementary schools with AK-47's in plain sight and all the cops do is wave hello.

I'm sure you can find the answer if you look.

I really want to know rule number 1

Rule number 1 is to do your job.....and yes I would argue that rule number 2 is just as important as rule number 1

but.....there is a reason why you wear body armor and carry a fire arm....because your doing your job puts you in harms way and you are required to do your job.

Police officer's run towards the danger...not away from it.

Edited by John from Hemet

Rule number 1 is to do your job.....and yes I would argue that rule number 2 is just as important as rule number 1

but.....there is a reason why you wear body armor and carry a fire arm....because your doing your job puts you in harms way and you are required to do your job.

doing their job means they go home alive and maybe not everyone else does.

Sometimes they run after it and shoot it in the back, too.