Hammersharts in Vegas!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny, I am not a religious person, but I am saying prayers for you every morning

.I am on life support after 3 nights in Vegas..I don't know that you will make it out alive as many nights as you are there.

Last time we were in Vegas, place we enjoyed the most for dinner was Bardot Brassiere in the Aria. Michael Minna place...was very good..and like the rest of Vegas prolly overpriced by 30%

I am sure you are going to have to eat off the strip and in some affordable places, this might give you some good ideas. Just skip the Jaleo suggestion, while good, everything is 50% for the exact same menu item as the original in DC

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/best-cheap-food-restaurants-in-las-vegas

Edited by plenzmd1

Johnny, I am not a religious person, but I am saying prayers for you every morning

.I am on life support after 3 nights in Vegas..I don't know that you will make it out alive as many nights as you are there.

Last time we were in Vegas, place we enjoyed the most for dinner was Bardot Brassiere in the Aria. Michael Minna place...was very good..and like the rest of Vegas prolly overpriced by 30%

I am sure you are going to have to eat off the strip and in some affordable places, this might give you some good ideas. Just skip the Jaleo suggestion, while good, everything is 50% for the exact same menu item as the original in DC

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/best-cheap-food-restaurants-in-las-vegas

Certainly eye opening how expensive it is to eat/drink here. Last night we were short on time after our work conference, so we went to a burger joint in The Mirage. Two burgers, two mixed drinks, and one beer led to a 115.00 tab. Unreal. Tonight we plan on going to this Vietnamese joint that is off the strip. Came highly recommended, and most dishes are under 10 dollars. Fortunately, our lunch is provided for us every day by the conference (Harrah's buffet).

Last night we went to the Beatles Cirque show. My wife wanted to see the MJ one, but changed her mind at the last minute. It was unreal. Absolutely spectacular. The acrobatics and stuff were awesome, but the music made the show. My favorite thing about Vegas is he people watching. Well, basically watching all the beautiful women. I have to be careful not to get caught gawking by my wife.

So far a very good trip, but if I were to do it again I would only do a 3-4 day stay.

Wtf with that mirage bill ?

115.00 for burgers and 3 drinks is insane.

I'm telling you, this makes that $32 weekend Brunch buffet plus $19.99 for unlimited drinks seem like a steal! I mean, even if all you ate were the crab legs, you're way ahead of most places. Plus the Aria is pretty nice in general. Someone else mentioned the Brasserie there, which I also enjoyed, though I think it was just drinks and maybe appetizers. Edited by Augie

Wtf with that mirage bill ?

115.00 for burgers and 3 drinks is insane.

The burgers were both over 18 dollars. Order of fries was 8 dollars. 2 Tanquaray and tonics were 16 dollars each. And the Modelo draft was 12 IIRC. Add taxes and whatever fees they sneak in there and it's over a c-note for a cheeseburger dinner.

Go to Bouchon, in the Venetian.

Trust me on that.

I'll check it out, thanks. Right across the street from us.

Edit: Whoa, just googled it. Thomas Keller restaurant. Mucho Dinero. I'd love to do French Laundry some day. Our "fancy" dinner is going to be at Aureole. I have a friend who is an exec chef for the Charlie Palmer Group, so we get "preferential treatment" at Charlie's restaurant.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Edit: Whoa, just googled it. Thomas Keller restaurant. Mucho Dinero. I'd love to do French Laundry some day. Our "fancy" dinner is going to be at Aureole. I have a friend who is an exec chef for the Charlie Palmer Group, so we get "preferential treatment" at Charlie's restaurant.

Yep, when I learned that a Keller restaurant was in the same town I was in, I had to go. I left dinner very sad that A) I had never been there before, and B) It was my last night there. I definitely would have eaten there every night and tried something new. It's not overly expensive either.

Edited by Seasons1992

The burgers were both over 18 dollars. Order of fries was 8 dollars. 2 Tanquaray and tonics were 16 dollars each. And the Modelo draft was 12 IIRC. Add taxes and whatever fees they sneak in there and it's over a c-note for a cheeseburger dinner.

I'll check it out, thanks. Right across the street from us.

Maybe try the Helen Keller restaurant, instead? I hear it's very quiet.

We saw the Beatles one instead. It was friggin amazing!

My one time in Vegas was for work, to attend CES.

I am not a gambler and I really didn't dig the whole Vegas scene. The ONLY thing I wanted to do was to see Love. I was there for three nights and I had one "real" business obligation (dinner with Tivo).

The dinner was on Tuesday night. The only Love that worked for me was ... Tuesday night. So I never made it. As a consolation, I got a Beatles coffee mug for myself at the store inside the Mirage.

This was about 9 years ago and I still get bummed telling the story.

We saw the Beatles one instead. It was friggin amazing!

i have to assume anything they have in vegas is far better than anything that travels to rochester. the jackson show was really just a dance crew showing off to some mj tunes. i left feeling a bit short changed considering the cost of the tickets.

My one time in Vegas was for work, to attend CES.

I am not a gambler and I really didn't dig the whole Vegas scene. The ONLY thing I wanted to do was to see Love. I was there for three nights and I had one "real" business obligation (dinner with Tivo).

The dinner was on Tuesday night. The only Love that worked for me was ... Tuesday night. So I never made it. As a consolation, I got a Beatles coffee mug for myself at the store inside the Mirage.

This was about 9 years ago and I still get bummed telling the story.

I may have put a roll of quarters into the slots. Max. That's about all I gamble. What I like is a couple shows a day with comedy, magic and music. That, some people watching and a few good meals and I'm amused for a few days. I will say hanging at the pool was a LOT better at Ceasar's than at the Aria where it seemed cramped. Ceasar's has multiple pools with marble mosaic floors and I didn't pay to go anywhere in the poola area. (The gamblers bought those pools for my use, thank you!) They also had scantily clad young ladies bringing around silver trays of free frozen grapes to take your mind off the sweltering heat. If you haven't had a frozen grape on a hot day, you're missing something good.

I may have put a roll of quarters into the slots. Max. That's about all I gamble. What I like is a couple shows a day with comedy, magic and music. That, some people watching and a few good meals and I'm amused for a few days. I will say hanging at the pool was a LOT better at Ceasar's than at the Aria where it seemed cramped. Ceasar's has multiple pools with marble mosaic floors and I didn't pay to go anywhere in the poola area. (The gamblers bought those pools for my use, thank you!) They also had scantily clad young ladies bringing around silver trays of free frozen grapes to take your mind off the sweltering heat. If you haven't had a frozen grape on a hot day, you're missing something good.

Is frozen grape code for something?

Refreshing deliciousness! With CRUNCH!

Ever had one on a hot day? Even better coming from the scantily clad young ladies. A little piece of heaven!

(I'll keep my mind out of the gutter....on this one.)

i have to assume anything they have in vegas is far better than anything that travels to rochester. the jackson show was really just a dance crew showing off to some mj tunes. i left feeling a bit short changed considering the cost of the tickets.

That's how the concierge described the MJ show, and part of the reason we opted to go see LOVE. More acrobatics and showmanship as opposed to dancing and a hologram show. LOVE was amazing.

It's a sex act involving one testicle, an ice cube, and a blind chicken. Check urban dictionary.