VA man kills bald eagle by shooting it and running it over

He's probably a farmer, as they are often known to care more about livestock than the conservation of predators. Some quick googling shows Bald Eagles are a massive problem for sheep and goat farmers:

http://www.capitalpress.com/Livestock/20160811/eagles-kill-hundreds-of-lambs-each-year-but-it-goes-unreported

soooooooooooooooo snowflake.

farmers care more about livestock than preservation? is that true to all of them? i'm so glad we have you not knowing a damn thing about agriculture to chime in [but, my uncle joe has a few chickens and once had a goat (that doesn't count)].

the farmers i know care more about the conversation of this country en masse than a majority of every day americans, including the smug nancy boys driving prius'.

your prolific claim is pure ignorance. especially because eagles are terribly menacing animals that attack livestock, pets and cause a nuisance for people. maybe in your loafers up in your cul de sac country club lifestyle seeing an eagle is a nice outing on the back 9 but in every day rural america they are a pain in the ass. they are no different than a flying fox or coyote - which i shoot, as well.

nonfarmers care more about taxing cattle, removing rights from citizens and just being ignorant as can be.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soooooooooooooooo snowflake.

farmers care more about livestock than preservation? is that true to all of them? i'm so glad we have you not knowing a damn thing about agriculture to chime in [but, my uncle joe has a few chickens and once had a goat (that doesn't count)].

the farmers i know care more about the conversation of this country en masse than a majority of every day americans, including the smug nancy boys driving prius'.

your prolific claim is pure ignorance. especially because eagles are terribly menacing animals that attack livestock, pets and cause a nuisance for people. maybe in your loafers up in your cul de sac country club lifestyle seeing an eagle is a nice outing on the back 9 but in every day rural america they are a pain in the ass. they are no different than a flying fox or coyote - which i shoot, as well.

nonfarmers care more about taxing cattle, removing rights from citizens and just being ignorant as can be.

But, do you run them over too?

There are a handful of falconers world-wide that hunt with eagles.

http://www.fotocommunity.de/photo/steinadler-mit-falkner-golden-eagle-with-fa-aslan16/26951952

They'll hunt prey as large as deer with those. Generally, they're kind-of nuts.

Hey, I learned something new. I did not know they did this with anything besides hawks and falcons.

We lived near a guy who's Irish Setter was captured by an alligator. The gator was just swimming around drowning the dog and the guy came out and shot the gator. He lost his dog, then got arrested for discharging a firearm. THAT is what I call a bad day! :(

We lived near a guy who's Irish Setter was captured by an alligator. The gator was just swimming around drowning the dog and the guy came out and shot the gator. He lost his dog, then got arrested for discharging a firearm. THAT is what I call a bad day! :(

That cop was an a-hole to arrest him. I would fight that the gator was a threat to me as well.

Hey, I learned something new. I did not know they did this with anything besides hawks and falcons.

Not many do. I think there's maybe a dozen or so eagle falconers in the US. Since falconers trap their own birds for the most part (you can buy them; but the first thing a master will make an apprentice do is trap their own) and you need a ton of special permits to trap eagles on top of all the permitting for being a master falconer, it's a very esoteric branch of the sport. You don't even own the eagle, legally - since it's illegal to trap eagles without special permits, and illegal to trade in eagles, there's no legal concept of "ownership" - an eagle falconer is literally licensed to cooperate with a wild animal.

I know a falconer in Virginia. It's an interesting "hobby" - in quotes, because you really have to be dedicated to it, to the point of making it a full-time job. I think a good many falconers indulge their hobby as a side project of running wildlife rehabilitation facilities.

Honestly surprised he wasn't charged with poaching the 'gator, too.

There are a handful of falconers world-wide that hunt with eagles.

http://www.fotocommunity.de/photo/steinadler-mit-falkner-golden-eagle-with-fa-aslan16/26951952

They'll hunt prey as large as deer with those. Generally, they're kind-of nuts.

That's a great picture. I know they're big birds, but actually seeing it on the guy's arm really puts into perspective their size. Do they have a picture of the bird dragging that guy off a cliff?