NBA 2017-18

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

I didn’t buy into the 6ers hype and this certainly won’t help them going forward. Simmons can’t shoot, Fultz can’t even beat out TJ McConnell? It’s Embiid and some Euros, no thanks.

Wait... this should get them on the right track 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who draws the LeBron assignment?

I think Durant can check him on defense, his length can affect LeBron. He'll probably draw him on offense as well and making him run around defending is the key to slowing the Cavs down. GS is going to win in 5.

On 5/29/2018 at 1:19 PM, The Poojer said:

But he is playing 48 minutes a game because they need him to.  I think he is so overpowering and overwhelming with his talents that the play against him gives the illusion he makes players better.  I am NOT taking anything away from how awesome he is....  There's just something stuck in my 'craw' that doesn't believe he improves the players around him.

Pooj I really couldn't disagree with this more.  I think with all of LeBron's gifts his basketball IQ is the thing that I am always in awe of.  Rarely does he make a bonehead play.  I can remember a few times in his younger days when he would pass in the closing moments of the game because he had a wide open player.  Critics (skip :sick:) would say he was scared to take the shot but it was just the right bball play.  This team needs him to be super man.  He has to give it his all every game and dominate offensively because his supporting cast is terrible.  Nance and Clarkson got the Laker hype bump but they were coming off the bench of a 36 win team.  JR Smith can't ever be trusted, Korver is ancient, Tristan Thompson has motivation problems, Kevin Love well I don't really know what to say about him.  Without LeBron they don't sniff the playoffs let alone make it to the NBA finals.

My knock on LeBron is he inserts himself too much in the gm/coach role.  Tristan Thompson and JR Smith's contracts are his fault.  He holds that team hostage like no other player.  When he left the first time the team was in shambles and when he leaves this time it will again be in shambles.  Miami was in shambles when he left as well although the decline of Wade and unfortunate Bosh circumstance also played in that.

With LeBron you get a hell of a player.  Still at 33 able to dominate a single basketball like no other player I've ever seen (yes I saw Jordan - personal opinion).  Any series that goes to game 7 is his.  You also though get "LeGM" and "LeHC" he's a diva but still at 33 a player I would love to have on the Lakers.

• Like (+1) 2

He rules, I was second row sideline in Toronto for a Miami game and he talked most of the game to 3 friends in the front row.

laughing at their jokes while he brought it up the court.

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

He rules, I was second row sideline in Toronto for a Miami game and he talked most of the game to 3 friends in the front row.

laughing at their jokes while he brought it up the court.

That sounds about right. We spent a fortune on a mid-season game to see him in Boston one year, and my son turned to me a couple minutes in and said “they’re not even trying”. It’s a long, long grind of a season. Too long, but it won’t change. The kids who should have been awed were saying “this is a ripoff!” Yes it was to the tune of $600+.  I watch very little until about this time of year. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

That sounds about right. We spent a fortune on a mid-season game to see him in Boston one year, and my son turned to me a couple minutes in and said “they’re not even trying”. It’s a long, long grind of a season. Too long, but it won’t change. The kids who should have been awed were saying “this is a ripoff!” Yes it was to the tune of $600+.  I watch very little until about this time of year. 

Heat won easily that game, I caught a mini basketball during a time out giveaway

you get what you get in the regular season....

Curry drains a LOOOOOONG 3 to tie it at the half. That had to hurt the Cavs deep down. Ouch! 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol:

I think it may be a Pippi Longstocking thing. Hard to say for sure what he was going for. I’m sure he can afford the rest of the pants.

On a related note, I have a buddy who has put on an extra 50 pounds in recent years. He went to buy new (better fitting) dress shirts and was shocked that they cost so much more. He was told “well, sir, there is a substantial amount of extra fabric”. OUCH!