NBA 2017-18

IT, Brown at SG, Crowder at SF, Hayward PF, Horford C?

Smart/Tatum/Morris off the bench?

The new NBA is ridiculous

Stevens wants a lot of versatility with his players and I can see why he wanted Morris. I think moving on from Bradley was more of a business decision though since he's going to need paid next year, maybe a Max deal, and they won't be doing that if they pay IT. So they got something for him now, and got size and scoring ability with Morris. But, I think Bradley is clearly the better player overall so on the surface it looks like a bad deal. But I see where Ainge is thinking ahead. And better to clear Bradley than Crowder who has a team friendly deal or Smart, who I think fits this team's attitude well and doesn't have the trade value of Bradley. Edited by YoloinOhio

I guess I'm ok with the Avery Bradley trade considering he's a FA next year and Morris is a PF. But I liked him.

I am kinda bummed about losing AV, but I know it makes sense...he just turned into a really good player. The last link to the 2008 championship!

yep :cry:

Wait I think Rondo is still a FA! :)

Gotta say though, I am getting pretty pumped to see what this team can do next season...

I loved Rondo too, but that is a road they probably won't go down again...he is a good player, but without some older vets to keep him in check (like KG and Pierce) I am not sure he is a great locker room guy. Love his game though...he and Glenn Davis are two of my sentimental favorites from that era... hearing Rondo may go to the Lakers. Can you imagine Rondo, and Ball Sr. together? :)

Gotta say though, I am getting pretty pumped to see what this team can do next season...

I loved Rondo too, but that is a road they probably won't go down again...he is a good player, but without some older vets to keep him in check (like KG and Pierce) I am not sure he is a great locker room guy. Love his game though...he and Glenn Davis are two of my sentimental favorites from that era... hearing Rondo may go to the Lakers. Can you imagine Rondo, and Ball Sr. together? :)

if only they had kept D'Angelo and Swaggy P too. We would need an NBA version of Hard Knocks in LA asap. Edited by YoloinOhio

The Celtics had no choice but Bradley can play. They gave the Warriors as much trouble as anyone because of their ability to switch on the perimeter. Bradley, Smart and Crowder are great wing defenders.

I'd love to get either Smart or Crowder to play that Pat Beverley or Andre Roberson (with more offense) role. Those guys are dogs. I'd hate having to play against Pat Beverley for 7 games.

Hayward makes the Celtics better but they aren't close to beating Cleveland. The Cavs own the East for at least 1 more year. After that Boston, Philly (may take a couple of years) and some others may get to that level.

The Celtics had no choice but Bradley can play. They gave the Warriors as much trouble as anyone because of their ability to switch on the perimeter. Bradley, Smart and Crowder are great wing defenders.

I'd love to get either Smart or Crowder to play that Pat Beverley or Andre Roberson (with more offense) role. Those guys are dogs. I'd hate having to play against Pat Beverley for 7 games.

Hayward makes the Celtics better but they aren't close to beating Cleveland. The Cavs own the East for at least 1 more year. After that Boston, Philly (may take a couple of years) and some others may get to that level.

I agree and have thought all along that Ainge is slow playing this to be in position to take over the East once the Cavs are done. In the meantime though, an injury to Lebron or Kyrie and they are right there this year with the addition of Hayward. I'm higher on Jaylen Brown than most casual NBA fans I think, too.

I agree and have thought all along that Ainge is slow playing this to be in position to take over the East once the Cavs are done. In the meantime though, an injury to Lebron or Kyrie and they are right there this year with the addition of Hayward. I'm higher on Jaylen Brown than most casual NBA fans I think, too.

That's true and it can certainly happen. I like Brown's game quite a bit and loved the way that he battled in the playoffs. Tatum has a chance to be really good as well. His offensive game is really polished.

I don't know where hey go from here. I suppose that they could take a run at Giannis but it won't be cheap. Davis isn't going anywhere unless Cousins leaves which is unlikely. If that ever happened they be looking for Tatum, Brown, the 2 firsts next year and the Memphis pick in 2019. That would gut the rebuild. I think that they stand pat and keep drafting well.

That's true and it can certainly happen. I like Brown's game quite a bit and loved the way that he battled in the playoffs. Tatum has a chance to be really good as well. His offensive game is really polished.

I don't know where hey go from here. I suppose that they could take a run at Giannis but it won't be cheap. Davis isn't going anywhere unless Cousins leaves which is unlikely. If that ever happened they be looking for Tatum, Brown, the 2 firsts next year and the Memphis pick in 2019. That would gut the rebuild. I think that they stand pat and keep drafting well.

never thought there was a chance in hell for Davis. That's a guy a team never trades, imo.

Yeah, its not realistic. If Cousins left thought I could see them considering it. Although the owner is 90 and in win now mode.

i equate AD to a Jack Eichel. The team might not be playoff material today but he's a star, the centerpiece, and a guy you do not let go because they don't come around every year and if they do, you might not be in position to get him.

Thankfully the Knicks help make the Nets not the dumbest team in NY. If I understand the Hardaway offer correct, they traded TH to Atlanta for a player they traded to get Derrick Rose. Now they offer him a $71m offer sheet and if the Hawks let him go the Knicks need to let Rose go to get under the cap and they are back at the same point. Did I hear this wrong?

i equate AD to a Jack Eichel. The team might not be playoff material today but he's a star, the centerpiece, and a guy you do not let go because they don't come around every year and if they do, you might not be in position to get him.

That's why they made the Cousins deal and paid Holiday all of that money. They have to try to build a winner now as they have him. They have some flexibility next year and some options. They can't try to wait out the Warriors (similar to OKC) they've got to try to win now. If they are a 4 or 5 seed (realistic) they may be able to add that 1 more piece next year. There have been all kinds of whispers that they are trying to trade for Bledsoe now and try to get Wall next year. Boogie has been doing the recruiting. It feels unrealistic but Wall didn't take the super max. If that happened Calipari would be the candidate to be in charge. Again, it feels like a stretch but that seems to be their "plan" moving forward.

James Posey? Eddie House? That team was so much fun.

I remember when the powers that be tried convincing us that he could cover Lebron, then it was Crowder, now it's Morris.

no one can defend Lebron. Just need to contain the others and score a ton of points. Not even sure who defends kyrie now without Bradley.

Always liked Jeff Green though!

James Harden is getting PAID

@wojespn

Houston has made extension official: Sources tell ESPN it will be worth $228M through the 2022-23 season.

$570,732: PER GAME salary of James Harden in the 2022-23 season.

Harden will have made a proj $318M when his new deal expires at age 33.

Only Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant have made more in an NBA career.

Sadly what you say is true

Bill Simmons has a bunch of great podcasts recently on the problem, a lot of blame is on short-term huge $$$ contracts which punish teams if the player is good. A lot of the blame is on dumb management as well. The NBA is the only game that has to input a "forgiveness clause" every few years for horrible deals signed that nobody felt were a good idea for one second.