Street vs Book Smart

I find the people that claim "street smart" tend to just be flat dumb. Though the ones that are actually aware and very plugged into their surroundings and intuitive but not super educated can do very well in life.

I suppose if defining doing well as being connected and happy that type of intelligence is especially important.

Like most things in life, balance is critical. You need enough book smarts to get a shot. Street smarts and learning along the way can get you where you want to go from there unless it's a very technical field.

Or be smart enough to not let your anger and competitiveness get the best of you:

http://6abc.com/traffic/suspect-arrested-idd-in-chester-co-road-rage-killing/2164008/

Yikes. I decided a long time ago it wasn't worth getting into disputes on the road over a few feet of concrete. Too many idiots out there with their ego on the line every moment of the day.

I worry about what kook has a gun and is just crazy enough to use it. Not entirely for that reason, if someone needs to change lanes, I will almost ALWAYS let them in. Traffic in Atlanta sucks, let's all just try to make it a little easier.

Good common sense growing up will help in college and the rest of your life.

I have known some very book smart people who are just plain stupid when it comes to doing basic stuff around the house and yard.

If it is just street smart we are talking about (drugs, guns, and prostitution) then pick up a book