Who's closer... Bills or Sabres?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. The Sabres have a young superstar player to build upon and use as a foundation. The BIlls do not.

If we had a QB I would say Bills but the Sabers at least have some young talent and Jack so I'll go with the Sabers. I think the Sabers are a goalie and good forward away from making the playoffs every year.

I don't think that either is particularly close. I guess that I'll say Sabres because you can make a run in the NHL Playoffs from any spot. Nashville is a great example.

I actually think the opposite. It only takes a 4 game hot streak to win it all in football after going 9-7 or 10-6 like the Giants & Steelers seem to do so often. A 4 game hot streak in the NHL gets you through 1 series haha.

I actually think the opposite. It only takes a 4 game hot streak to win it all in football after going 9-7 or 10-6 like the Giants & Steelers seem to do so often. A 4 game hot streak in the NHL gets you through 1 series haha.

I guess maybe I'm saying it wrong. The gap between 1-8 in hockey is closer than the gap between 1-6 in football (especially when you factor in home field advantage). If that team that just got in the playoffs plays well they aren't that far from the best teams. If Miami played great they still weren't winning at Pittsburgh, at KC or Houston and at New England. The Bills last year should have been in that position if not for Rex against Miami. They might have competed in the WC game but they weren't capable of making a run.

Sabres are still a year away from playoffs and 3-4 years from a serious Cup run (when Nylander and Middlestadt sp) are ready to join the core. Ennis and Moulson will be gone and our goalie situation will be settled. Eichel, Okposo, Reinhart, O'Reilly, Nylander, Middlestadt, Risto, Guhle, McCabe, Antipin. Filling in the rest should be easy and hopefully Kane brings in a future player.

I honestly don't ever expect the Bills to make the playoffs again and certainly can't imagine a Super Bowl. Not until there is a franchise QB will I be able to even discuss a playoff opportunity. I feel good about the Coach and GM but that is going to take some time to shake out.

Classic Defeatist BBFS Pessimism. Why even bother being a fan if there's no hope of ever achieving the ultimate prize?

Well, making the playoffs is a pretty big step for both organizations. Even having winning records. That's what I look for. Too numbed out to expect better. Sometimes a big win on a given Sunday makes the week better. At least with the Pegulas there is a small chance. Under RW this decade there was none.

I always say just one before I die, either referring to the Sabres or Bills. IMO, I think the Bills are closer once Brady & Belicheat are out of the division we will probably compete yearly for the division title and get home playoff games.

Actually take I take that back I will only be happy if Bills win the Superbowl, not the Sabres.

I always say just one before I die, either referring to the Sabres or Bills. IMO, I think the Bills are closer once Brady & Belicheat are out of the division we will probably compete yearly for the division title and get home playoff games.

Actually take I take that back I will only be happy if Bills win the Superbowl, not the Sabres.

Not really a hockey fan. I could not imagine rooting for both. Some pretty tough fans around that do.

I guess maybe I'm saying it wrong. The gap between 1-8 in hockey is closer than the gap between 1-6 in football (especially when you factor in home field advantage). If that team that just got in the playoffs plays well they aren't that far from the best teams. If Miami played great they still weren't winning at Pittsburgh, at KC or Houston and at New England. The Bills last year should have been in that position if not for Rex against Miami. They might have competed in the WC game but they weren't capable of making a run.

No, I got what you were saying, and yeah 8 seeds do generally fare better in the NHL. I just think it's very feasible for a team to get hot in the NFL and win 4 in a row (more so in the NFC than AFC).

good point, only argument on this is that look at those two QB's. Its easier to win it assuming you have a top tier QB.