Cool little Tyrod story

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite good. Busy as hell. Havent been around here much. How the hell are you?

I've been worse. I haven't been around much, either. I'll touch base over the summer.

So about twenty years ago I was a Big Brother in the Boys and Girls program in Phx for this little black kid, Demetrius, who was six at the time. I did it for six years, took him everywhere. He was awesome. I got him into Little League football and all kinds of other stuff.

Then when he was 12 I moved to LA and he moved with his mom back to Virginia and we lost touch for awhile, even though we both looked for each other, but several years because of Facebook, we reunited and we talk all the time. He became quite a good high school football player, and made all league as a senior.

So a few days ago he texts me to say hi, and that he is coaching little kids football this summer, and thought of me, which was cool. Then he said "And I know you love the Bills and Tyrod Taylor is helping me out sometimes." And I was like no way!

So he sends me...

Awesome story!

Thank you for donating a small part of your life to improve the life of someone you owed nothing to who probably benefited immensely from your friendship/guidance. Says a lot about your character.

Good on you dog!

I ordered my Tyrod Taylor jersey yesterday for a number of reasons, and things like this are one of them. Besides the few that despise Taylor, how could you be a fan and not root for Tyrod to succeed?

Deep down I think even some of Taylors biggest detractors want him to succeed in my humble opinion Guns.

Thanks for sharing the awesome story OP :thumbsup:

Edited by Figster

Deep down I think even some of Taylors biggest detractors want him to succeed in my humble opinion Guns.

...c'mon Fig, who in their right mind would ever root AGAINST a kid trying to fulfill his lifelong dream of playing in the NFL?.....stupid question on my part.....OBJECTIVELY critique a kid from every aspect pros and cons, but how can personal animus enter into it?....jealousy?....keyboard cowardice?..did you ever meet him?.....the INTERNET"braveheart" standard?....the well "thought out, long winded" TWO WORD "he sucks" tells you right away about the minion's valued two cents....

Cool story. I bought my kid a Tyrod jersey before last season. I personally think he's a very good QB for our Bills. Hoping he really blows up the league this year and does awesome. You never hear anything bad about the guy off the field...or doing stupid things to bring negative attention to himself or the team.

Cool story. I bought my kid a Tyrod jersey before last season. I personally think he's a very good QB for our Bills. Hoping he really blows up the league this year and does awesome. You never hear anything bad about the guy off the field...or doing stupid things to bring negative attention to himself or the team.

In my opinion one of the best jersey's you could buy your kid is a Tyrod Taylor jersey

Put aside the whole arguement of how good he is

- Class guy

- is a great story of how if you work your ass off and dont take no for an answer you can there was someone that achieved their dreams even when people were trying to knock him down and send him other directions along the way

It is REALLY easy to root for Tyrod Taylor

In my opinion one of the best jersey's you could buy your kid is a Tyrod Taylor jersey

- Class guy

- is a great story of how if you work your ass off and dont take no for an answer you can there was someone that achieved their dreams even when people were trying to knock him down and send him other directions along the way

I've only seen two posters ever say that TT is classless. You can probably guess who one of them is. The other one never made it here from BBMB.

- Class guy

Well said.

I hope that even once the guy is done with football, he remains in the public eye and continues to serve as a role model for kids. This world/country needs more role models like Tyrod Taylor. Never hear anything bad about the guy character wise. You can tell he had great parents and made good choices in life for the most part. I am sure he isn't perfect as nobody is, but he is pretty damn inspiring the way he pushes through and overcomes every attempt to derail his chosen career path.