Life

RaoulDuke79

Well yeah idealy you do all of the due diligence ahead of time and get life insurance and make provisions etc...but some don't think that far ahead or are not financially enough well off to do so, which goes back to my original question of would you want to know when your time is up so you could make changes.

This mindset is the problem, and the reason so many aren't prepared. You can procrastinate forever waiting to be 'better off', but you don't need to be rich to have a will or to ask your sibling, parent, friend if they are willing to raise your kids if you suddenly depart the scene.

As for money, you save what you can for retirement/college and start small on insurance. If you are relatively young and healthy, term insurance is fairly cheap.

Prepare because you never know. Yesterday my mother's first cousin went for a walk, was hit by a car and died early this morning.

Why the hell would knowing when you're going to die increase the amount of planning you're doing, given that you know you are going to die anyway.

Anyone who is an adult, has dependents and or spouse, and either/or doesn't want to burden them/wants to leave them a life of comfort should have ample planning in place.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Why the hell would knowing when you're going to die increase the amount of planning you're doing, given that you know you are going to die anyway.

Anyone who is an adult, has dependents and or spouse, and either/or doesn't want to burden them/wants to leave them a life of comfort should have ample planning in place.

In all the years I've done what I do the thing that I have learned the most is a vast and I mean VAST number of people live by the "I'll worry about that when it happens" motto. And that is not only those without money. I'be come across lots of very wealthy people with nowhere near enough insurance, no estate plan, piss poor tax planning and nowhere near enough saved. Live for today is in our faces 24/7