Offensive line rankings

That's certainly fair. The longer they are blocking the more they get beat up.

Every little bit adds to the puzzle or the injury list

:beer:

That's not true in my opinion, if the QB gets more then 5 seconds to do something they did the job. Tyrod gets talked about in it because the line gave the time but Tyrod couldn't do anything with it because he would rather run around. It's why teams make him be a QB, give him all day in the pocket and he goes 3 and out, make him leave the protected pocket and he can make some things happen.

gets more then 5 seconds - usually by this time you hear the words coverage sack.

This is because the play took too long to develop and the defense had time to blanket all the guys downfield. Which is across the board in the NFL.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things really need to be put in perspective in terms of the offensive line. In the 15 weeks that Tyrod was the signal caller last season, he had the worst average time from snap to pass in 14 of those weeks. There is no offensive line in the NFL that can stop defensive pass rushes indefinitely. I would love to see whatever statistics they used to put together their numbers and whether they could be adjusted to at least somewhat account for that. Clearly, the Bills run game supports that our guys were mostly moving the guys across from them early in plays when they needed to.

He'd also be doing the O Line a bigger favor by releasing the ball quicker which reduces the amount of time they have to stay tangled up with the D Line pushing them back.

He needs to pass the ball to moving targets in the short game. Waiting for them to stop and turn or turn and stop takes up valuable time.

...keep 'em fresher longer especially if it's hot.....rotational guys are a step down............

@ChrisTrapasso

Chris Trapasso Retweeted Buffalo Rumblings

Another reminder that the #Bills ran some zone-blocking concepts last season. Anthony Lynn is a Shanahan disciple... just like Rick Dennison

They ran some everything... Roman has just about every variety of run blocking in his scheme. It is true that in game calling terms Lynn as a play caller tendee to rely on more zone run plays than Roman.

I considered last year's OL the most consistently decent unit on the entire team.

Not sure anyone can disagree with an A grade for run blocking.

Pass blocking, I'd give them a B-, at worst.

I don't have statistics, but I recall our QB running for his life more often because he was indecisive; far less often because of crappy blocking by our OL.

Things really need to be put in perspective in terms of the offensive line. In the 15 weeks that Tyrod was the signal caller last season, he had the worst average time from snap to pass in 14 of those weeks. There is no offensive line in the NFL that can stop defensive pass rushes indefinitely. I would love to see whatever statistics they used to put together their numbers and whether they could be adjusted to at least somewhat account for that. Clearly, the Bills run game supports that our guys were mostly moving the guys across from them early in plays when they needed to.

That stat includes time that he scrambles behind the los. Now I'm not saying Tyrod didn't hold the ball too long some of the time but I am saying that stat is meaningless. Add in that our scheme had a lot of long developing plays.

Edited by Scott7975