New data shows Tyrod/the offense was better than you thought

But either way the truth is Tyrod was good enough both years to make the playoffs, especially 2015. I think the Bills making the playoffs will do wonders for the franchise - wipe the 17 year stink off our backs - and I believe Tyrod is easily our best chance at playoffs right now. That doesn't mean we should ignore the position (nor did we - Nate Peterman says hello). But YOUR strategy of keep trying until you hit the elite QB jackpot won't get us anywhere anytime soon. I want a 10 win season and Tyrod can get us there.

Agreed. Very few fans would be disappointed in a first round playoff loss, despite what they might say. Breaking the curse would be huge.

Plus, who knows what happens what you get that playoff berth? Injuries, bounces, momentum, weather, and human referees are all part of the game.

Our offense is not good enough to take over a game and win it on its own accord, but it is most certainly good enough to win games with a serviceable defense not mismanaged by the Ryan-ling Bros. Circus.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I was, I'd automatically ban anyone that gripes about a thread being started.

It's s message board, if threads aren't started there's no conversation.

It's like whining that you're being given too many options at dinner.

Don't like it? Don't eat it.

i wasn't griping.

i was just expressing frustration.

and you banning me for anything would be getting on my bad side. and getting on my bad side is good for no one. i'm a ruthless conniving dick

i try to get excited about the offense and see our potential but i just see the defense screwing us over too much and things start to get maddening. soon it goes to visions of rex ryan and rob ryan on the sidelines and i have to put the razor blade down.

i need therapy. rex ryan and rob ryan hurt me.

Have some more respect and stop embarrassing yourself by acting like a jackass.

What if it's like a Golden Corral situation where there's lot of food but it all sucks?

1-6 is 1-6. Jackasses assault math, that's your play homie. You came to tbd guns blazing as a Tyrod fanboy now you're getting emotional because we all don't use your rose colored glasses to distort math.

Que sera sera, I'll let you have your safe space where we can pretend we don't rank 25th of 32 in passing yards. You guys are too angry for me. The offseason is yours........transplant, jm, and mpt will come along and agree with you. I just hope TT is on the bench before we face the raiders again, so the Internet doesn't crying Jordan the bills uni again.

The fried chicken and bourbon chicken is edible btw. They really killed the salad bar with the new croutons though

Edited by Maury Ballstein

1-6 is 1-6. Jackasses assault math, that's your play homie. You came to tbd guns blazing as a Tyrod fanboy now you're getting emotional because we all don't use your rose colored glasses to distort math.

Que sera sera, I'll let you have your safe space where we can pretend we don't rank 25th of 32 in passing yards. You guys are too angry for me. The offseason is yours........transplant, jm, and mpt will come along and agree with you. I just hope TT is on the bench before we face the raiders again, so the Internet doesn't crying Jordan the bills uni again.

The fried chicken and bourbon chicken is edible btw. They really killed the salad bar with the new croutons though

So, he's responsible for the loss in the second Miami game.

i wasn't griping.

i was just expressing frustration.

and you banning me for anything would be getting on my bad side. and getting on my bad side is good for no one. i'm a ruthless conniving dick

i try to get excited about the offense and see our potential but i just see the defense screwing us over too much and things start to get maddening. soon it goes to visions of rex ryan and rob ryan on the sidelines and i have to put the razor blade down.

i need therapy. rex ryan and rob ryan hurt me.

I could see why you thought I was talking about you because I responded to him commenting on a post I originally posted to you but I wasn't.

It was just a general complaint.

From what I've seen you're pretty level headed.

Edited by likei've

Please explain this "math" you're going on about. As far as I can tell, the only math that matters is

O - D > 0

It has been firmly established that "O" is high enough to produce a sum >0. So logically, that means "D" needs to be decreased.

Your turn, professor.

I could see why you thought I was talking about you because I responded to him commenting on a post I originally posted to you but I wasn't.

It was just a general complaint.

From what I've seen you're pretty level headed.

crap. give it time. i'm not. i'm stipud.

Some just never stop trying to polish a t*rd.

Here is another one for you.

With less than 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter on 3rd and 14 1/2 or more Tyrod is ranked 2nd in the NFL in completions only behind Case Keenum.

OMG see how good he is. That stat proves it to me I'm on the Tyrod train now. Whoop whoop.

Caution sarcasm included.

ahaahahaaaaa.

the only problem i can see with this, is that the truth of this post will fly over the head of quite a number of those in the Tyrod Camp.

i was gonna start a thread on the over/under number of days before another Tyrod thread would pop up after the last one got locked down. but i figured it would be sooner rather than later.....

shazaam!

The Bills offense wasn't the issue. They've been top 10 DVOA the last two years. They scored a lot. In fact they lost 6 times last year while scoring 24 points. The AFC playoff teams had 5 such losses combined. I don't think that we need to convince people that the offense wasn't the problem. It wasn't perfect but wasn't near the top of the list of reasons that the Bills weren't in the playoffs. Will it continue? Will the defense take big strides? How much will McDermott & co upgrade the coaching? Will the best players stay healthy? A lot of "what ifs" but if the offense is top 7 in scoring again (where they were through 16 weeks) this team will win more than 7 games.

don't you know... we can't have a good offense AND a good defense at the same time, in the same game, in the same year.

if i was a betting man i would say that the defense improves this year and the offense regresses at the same time.

The Bills offense wasn't the issue. They've been top 10 DVOA the last two years. They scored a lot. In fact they lost 6 times last year while scoring 24 points. The AFC playoff teams had 5 such losses combined. I don't think that we need to convince people that the offense wasn't the problem. It wasn't perfect but wasn't near the top of the list of reasons that the Bills weren't in the playoffs. Will it continue? Will the defense take big strides? How much will McDermott & co upgrade the coaching? Will the best players stay healthy? A lot of "what ifs" but if the offense is top 7 in scoring again (where they were through 16 weeks) this team will win more than 7 games.

I'm working on something I think you'll like that relates to this and using 24 as the 'golden number' on each side of the ball. I'll let you know when it's done.

ahaahahaaaaa.

the only problem i can see with this, is that the truth of this post will fly over the head of quite a number of those in the Tyrod Camp.

i was gonna start a thread on the over/under number of days before another Tyrod thread would pop up after the last one got locked down. but i figured it would be sooner rather than later.....

shazaam!

don't you know... we can't have a good offense AND a good defense at the same time, in the same game, in the same year.

if i was a betting man i would say that the defense improves this year and the offense regresses at the same time.

If there is any truth in that post, it is that Tyrod haters will see a positive (albeit irrelevant, in this case) aspect of his game and mock it without adding anything of value to the discussion.

If there is any truth in that post, it is that Tyrod haters will see a positive (albeit irrelevant, in this case) aspect of his game and mock it without adding anything of value to the discussion.

yep, it absolutely went right over your head. next.

ahaahahaaaaa.

shazaam!

Ha ha, you are probably right. It has been like that forever!! I'm hoping McDermott can improve the defense (shouldn't be hard) with Dennison incorporating some things that worked and growing it. It's probably unlikely but I'm always optimistic in June.

I'm working on something I think you'll like that relates to this and using 24 as the 'golden number' on each side of the ball. I'll let you know when it's done.

When I saw that I was really surprised. That's pretty telling.

That guy is pissed ! Should be mad at the Steelers and Raiders for being too good to face TT with playoffs on the line.

How fitting that you chose two of the biggest defensive meltdowns of the year to, yet again, bash Tyrod. I'm sure you are even aware of the fact that, while he did not do well against the Raiders, he outperformed future HOF'er Ben Roethlisberger.

Also fitting that an internet troll would assume someone is pissed about their trolling. Otherwise, what's the point, ya know?

How fitting that you chose two of the biggest defensive meltdowns of the year to, yet again, bash Tyrod. I'm sure you are even aware of the fact that, while he did not do well against the Raiders, he outperformed future HOF'er Ben Roethlisberger.

Also fitting that an internet troll would assume someone is pissed about their trolling. Otherwise, what's the point, ya know?

Lolz those 70 yards passing through 3 qtrs really had Big Ben shook. Congrats for tooting that garbage time horn.

This TT biasness and excusemaking is top notch. I can't even anymore.

Enjoy your offseason sir. I'm out of the qb talk/delusion game Til winter.

Ha ha, you are probably right. It has been like that forever!! I'm hoping McDermott can improve the defense (shouldn't be hard) with Dennison incorporating some things that worked and growing it. It's probably unlikely but I'm always optimistic in June.

When I saw that I was really surprised. That's pretty telling.

Finished the AFC tonight, will work on NFC tomorrow.

Over the past 2 years the Bills are 9-9 in games where we score 24+. The only AFC Teams with equal or worse win rates scoring 24+ are:

Chargers (7-7)

Jaguars (4-4)

Browns (3-6)

In that same time span the Bills also average more points per game in losses (21.9) than any other AFC team (2nd=19.6; 16th=14.2)

and in losses, the Bills average 30.5 points allowed per game, good for 2nd most in the AFC (1st=30.7; 16th=23.5)

EDIT: Ooh, and a potential correlation: 6 AFC teams have allowed 24+ points 12 times or less over the past 2 years. All 6 have made the playoffs at least once, and 4 of the 6 have made the playoffs both years!

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Lolz those 70 yards passing through 3 qtrs really had Big Ben shook. Congrats for tooting that garbage time horn.

This TT biasness and excusemaking is top notch. I can't even anymore.

Enjoy your offseason sir. I'm out of the qb talk/delusion game Til winter.

You talk about bias in the same breath that you ignore single-game 200-yard rushers. Self awareness, buddy. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Finished the AFC tonight, will work on NFC tomorrow.

Over the past 2 years the Bills are 9-9 in games where we score 24+. The only AFC Teams with equal or worse win rates scoring 24+ are:

Chargers (7-7)

Jaguars (4-4)

Browns (3-6)

In that same time span the Bills also average more points per game in losses (21.9) than any other AFC team (2nd=19.6; 16th=14.2)

and in losses, the Bills average 30.5 points allowed per game, good for 2nd most in the AFC (1st=30.7; 16th=23.5)

EDIT: Ooh, and a potential correlation: 6 AFC teams have allowed 24+ points 12 times or less over the past 2 years. All 6 have made the playoffs at least once, and 4 of the 6 have made the playoffs both years!

Nope, no correlation. Defense doesn't matter and Tyrod sucks.

(Nice analysis)