Are we undervaluing Shady's potential impact?

I agree with you, we are totally undervaluing him. I.m.o when its all said and done Shady will have a bust in Canton. His numbers might not be there yet, but they will be. Hell, he's close now, but we lost MG so all hope is lost for our run game this season...jk.

Shady is who makes our O go. Everything we do goes off him and it showed in the games he missed or was taken out of last year

As someone mentioned - it's the pairing of him and Sammy. Having two superstar talents attacking different parts of the field really stretches a defenses resources. Because both "change the numbers" and require attention from multiple defenders either a defense has to pick one, or if they focus on bothhopefully TT and clay can work some magic in the mid level. The offense is pretty well constructed when healthy and Tyrod trusts the middle - these last bits being wild cards for us.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone mentioned - it's the pairing of him and Sammy. Having two superstar talents attacking different parts of the field really stretches a defenses resources. Because both "change the numbers" and require attention from multiple defenders either a defense has to pick one, or if they focus on bothhopefully TT and clay can work some magic in the mid level. The offense is pretty well constructed when healthy and Tyrod trusts the middle - these last bits being wild cards for us.

Yes I agree, even without Sammy on the field Shady is great. With him it should make him that much better. Shady should free up Sammy a lot since we are a run first team and I assume we'll say that way under Denni. But it will work both ways no doubt. Pick your poison

Yes I agree, even without Sammy on the field Shady is great. With him it should make him that much better. Shady should free up Sammy a lot since we are a run first team and I assume we'll say that way under Denni. But it will work both ways no doubt. Pick your poison

I think it was bandit that showed the stats on how much Sammy frees up shady too. When on the field shadys ypc jumped substantially

With Dennison using more outside run plays that rely on the runner cutting back and finding a hole, as well as more pass attempt's going to McCoy, he will have the opportunity to put up MVP numbers and drive us to the playoffs.

Look what Dennison did with Arian Foster and while he's / was a great RB, Shady is on another level.

I think McCoy isn't mentioned enough or given enough credit for what he brings to the table as the engine to our offense. Just imagine how much better he could have been last year with a consistent D ,let alone a play caller that is a perfect match for Shady.

He's easily a top 10 skills position player and if Watkins can play to his full potential,we suddenly have 2 elite,rare talents running around in that offense. Not to mention an anticipated improved defense will also make Taylor look much much better.

I know he's respected on here but I still feel Shady is underappreciated a bit and doesn't get brought up enough when talking about Buffalo's potential future success

Great post!!

.....Dennison needs to develop a plan to use Shady and (??) in a Thurman Thomas/Kenneth Davis type duo.......Thurman did some damage annually with 2,000+ all purpose yards and Davis was his perfect relief....

You're absolutely right and I really believe Jonathan Williams could be that guy, but if not, could easily see one of these unknown backs make a name for themselves, for the 3rd straight year. 2015 it was Karlos, last year TD Mike, I'm sure someone will stand out in TC. And then we have the big bruiser in Tolbert for those short yardage situations

Great post!!

Thanks.

Appreciate it

Go BILLS!!!!!!

You're absolutely right and I really believe Jonathan Williams could be that guy, but if not, could easily see one of these unknown backs make a name for themselves, for the 3rd straight year. 2015 it was Karlos, last year TD Mike, I'm sure someone will stand out in TC. And then we have the big bruiser in Tolbert for those short yardage situations

Thanks.

Appreciate it

Go BILLS!!!!!!

...I'm probably wrong, but I think it was a key element in prolonging Thurman's career a a high and consistent level.....he did plenty of damage annually with 2,000+ all purpose yds....look how bad Kevin Faulk torched us out of the backfield....why not Shady??.........

...I'm probably wrong, but I think it was a key element in prolonging Thurman's career a a high and consistent level.....he did plenty of damage annually with 2,000+ all purpose yds....look how bad Kevin Faulk torched us out of the backfield....why not Shady??.........

I know, that was one of my biggest gripes with the play calling ,that Shady was not targeted more on dump offs, screens, swing passes. Get him 1 on 1 with a LB and some space , and you're looking at a potential huge play every time he touches the ball. He has terrific hands for a back and his vision is not human! It was baffling why he wasn't targeted more on those type of passes and I'm super confident that Dennison will give Shady way more opportunities in the pass game, especially with his FB able to catch passes and make defenses pay, Dennison can get very creative with those two