R.I.P. Frank Deford

The National got me thru the last two years of boredom for my undergrad seminars.

I thought The National only lasted six months? It was a great paper, I still have my First Day Edition with Patrick Ewing on the cover.

RIP to a great writer and sports personality.

The National got me thru the last two years of boredom for my undergrad seminars.

Loved Deford and his work. I remember being crazy excited at College when USA Today was in the library to read everyday for national sports coverage. And then the National took it to another level.

Loved Deford and his work. I remember being crazy excited at College when USA Today was in the library to read everyday for national sports coverage. And then the National took it to another level.

The National become available to me as a daily to replace The Sporting News subscription, I guess they dropped off copies daily along with the New York Times at my school?

RIP. He was one of the great ones.

He managed to let us know he was above all this sports stuff without being too stuffy.

From the days when SI was aiming as an upper class mag with long articles on pheasant hunting and fishing...

I thought The National only lasted six months? It was a great paper, I still have my First Day Edition with Patrick Ewing on the cover.

RIP to a great writer and sports personality.

Jan 1990 to June 1991 are the dates for publication.

I have a pile of those publications packed away.