Tiger Woods: the downward spiral continues

While studying late for exams and finishing a thesis, I would go out walking in a good neighbourhood around 3am, I was twice swarmed upon by the police, while not remotely a suspect by description, and then let go. I stopped going for 3am walks.

I feel your pain... I work swing shift and do things @ all hours, like wash the vehicles, take walks, leave the garage door up, etc... etc...

I was stopped coming home from work, midnight shift, @ 08:30... In my town a few blocks from home. I think he saw the cracked windshield running up the pillar on the passenger side & decided to make some $$$ on a ticket. I asked him if he wants me to flop the windshield down? I showed him the IL motor vehicle code on my phone... It wasn't blocking my view. Didn't matter, got a ticket anyway which I appealed, lost, but then appealed to the Chief of Police and he threw it out after I cited the code, IL Supreme Court decisions on dangly things from mirrors and police "fishing expeditions". It wasn't fun and a very stupid and unecessary appeal letter that two other government courts couldn't see past. Waste of time. I was magnanimous and offered to fix if they just wave the damn $100 fine that said I was breaking the law when I really wasn't. Why not give me a "fix it ticket" after showing the code. The officer's response was: "If you pay by this date, you can save $50." Oh well...

I am white, only get shaken down for money or hassled every couple years or so... So I got time to go all out and get sucked into the over-officious big government. I keep everything in order to the point of being OCD except that pesky straight up Jeep window that gets a chip, and then a crack every year or so.

I got stopped one time by a Smokey on way home in the morning: "Oh, I am just reading plates and didn't recognize your plate." I have Illinois-Michigan Canal plates:

ilmichcanal.gif

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/vehicles/license_plate_guide/illinois_mich_canal.html

I felt like saying:

"Yeah kind of an obscure plate and I would like to shoot the schit, but I am tired and want to get home to bed."

Maybe they should give them 2 hour plate recogninzing training, pretty pictures, not as hard as learning the motor vehicle code!

Just let them bleed you for the fine?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh... I didn't catch it, what was the reason they pulled Tiger over?

Was he swerving, speeding, going too damn slow, check point, other reason?

What do they list?

He was passed out behind the wheel in the middle of the road. Is that a good enough reason? Or was the jackbooted thug just out looking to harass poor, innocent Tiger?

He was passed out behind the wheel in the middle of the road. Is that a good enough reason? Or was the jackbooted thug just out looking to harass poor, innocent Tiger?

Did he have it in park?

Oh... I didn't catch it, what was the reason they pulled Tiger over?

Was he swerving, speeding, going too damn slow, check point, other reason?

What do they list?

So you've posted how many times in this thread and you have not taken the time to learn this? :doh:

Did he have it in park?

Officers came up on the vehicle. Car was stopped on side of road, running. Tiger asleep at wheel. No other passengers. Officers noted damage to front and rear bumpers and damage to two drivers side wheels and flat tires.

I feel your pain... I work swing shift and do things @ all hours, like wash the vehicles, take walks, leave the garage door up, etc... etc...

I was stopped coming home from work, midnight shift, @ 08:30... In my town a few blocks from home. I think he saw the cracked windshield running up the pillar on the passenger side & decided to make some $$$ on a ticket. I asked him if he wants me to flop the windshield down? I showed him the IL motor vehicle code on my phone... It wasn't blocking my view. Didn't matter, got a ticket anyway which I appealed, lost, but then appealed to the Chief of Police and he threw it out after I cited the code, IL Supreme Court decisions on dangly things from mirrors and police "fishing expeditions". It wasn't fun and a very stupid and unecessary appeal letter that two other government courts couldn't see past. Waste of time. I was magnanimous and offered to fix if they just wave the damn $100 fine that said I was breaking the law when I really wasn't. Why not give me a "fix it ticket" after showing the code. The officer's response was: "If you pay by this date, you can save $50." Oh well...

I am white, only get shaken down for money or hassled every couple years or so... So I got time to go all out and get sucked into the over-officious big government. I keep everything in order to the point of being OCD except that pesky straight up Jeep window that gets a chip, and then a crack every year or so.

I got stopped one time by a Smokey on way home in the morning: "Oh, I am just reading plates and didn't recognize your plate." I have Illinois-Michigan Canal plates:

ilmichcanal.gif

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/vehicles/license_plate_guide/illinois_mich_canal.html

I felt like saying:

"Yeah kind of an obscure plate and I would like to shoot the schit, but I am tired and want to get home to bed."

Maybe they should give them 2 hour plate recogninzing training, pretty pictures, not as hard as learning the motor vehicle code!

Just let them bleed you for the fine?

Whenever you tell this story, the video of the Maine Trooper stopping the guy that goes ballistic always runs through my head. Did you ever get stopped in Maine and get threatened to be summonsed for littering after you ripped a ticket up?

The worst was I checked to see if the morning paper was in the coin operated box at 4am, saw it wasn't and turned around into the headlights of two cruisers on the lookout for someone stealing money from the boxes.

The worst was I checked to see if the morning paper was in the coin operated box at 4am, saw it wasn't and turned around into the headlights of two cruisers on the lookout for someone stealing money from the boxes.

And try to get the cops (or anyone for that matter) to believe you when you tell them that you actually buy a newspaper.

And who is stupid enough to steal the money from a paper box? It would have about $1.25 after three days.

Stopped in the right lane, foot on the brake, turn signal blinking. Tiger asleep with seat belt on. PC affidavit doesn't mention it being in park or not.

Officers came up on the vehicle. Car was stopped on side of road, running. Tiger asleep at wheel. No other passengers. Officers noted damage to front and rear bumpers and damage to two drivers side wheels and flat tires.

Two different scenarios.

Whenever you tell this story, the video of the Maine Trooper stopping the guy that goes ballistic always runs through my head. Did you ever get stopped in Maine and get threatened to be summonsed for littering after you ripped a ticket up?

I am always polite. Yes, sir, no sir... Never go "ballistic." I know when to humble myself in a cop's personal playground. I never go overboard, yet I will remain calm and assert my rights when I feel like I am running into a lazy officer who doesn't know the law. The situation on the street a citizen won't win. One has to always fold there. Just don't incriminate yourself. That is all I meant when talking about giving evidence. A year is not going to kill you, probably make you better, every day you think about the time one was under the suspicion if DUI.

Never assume, especially in your line of work. That's a LEO doing a poor job.

I respect what y'all do. Just know the law better than me and admit when one is being wrongly targeted.

Be the answer to the problem, not blindly part of it.

Yikes! Yet, he knew he wasn't drinking!

So you've posted how many times in this thread and you have not taken the time to learn this? :doh:

No. Now the IL motor vehicle code while driving around with a cracked windshield, Yes.

I am always polite. Yes, sir, no sir... Never go "ballistic." I know when to humble myself in a cop's personal playground. I never go overboard, yet I will remain calm and assert my rights when I feel like I am running into a lazy officer who doesn't know the law. The situation on the street a citizen won't win. One has to always fold there. Just don't incriminate yourself. That is all I meant when talking about giving evidence. A year is not going to kill you, probably make you better, every day you think about the time one was under the suspicion if DUI.

Jesus. How many times have you been pulled over?

Jesus. How many times have you been pulled over?

About once a year... I am up @ all hours of the night and when they see I am white and all my schit is together... They let me go.

I am in areas where I am the minority. Easy to become "collateral damage."

Did I tell you about the time, they profiled me? LoL You should have seen the look on his face. My wife was pregnant, she was home thank God... I am not THAT stupid. I made a run into da hood for fast food. I think it was Wendy's that would stay open late during that era. LMAO... I had a piece of schit Hyundai @ the time. I fit the profile perfectly.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

About once a year... I am up @ all hours of the night and when they see I am white and all my schit is together... They let me go.

I am in areas where I am the minority. Easy to become "collateral damage."

Did I tell you about the time, they profiled me? LoL You should have seen the look on his face. My wife was pregnant, she was home thank God... I am not THAT stupid. I made a run into da hood for fast food. I think it was Wendy's that would stay open late during that era. LMAO... I had a piece of schit Hyundai @ the time. I fit the profile perfectly.

Once a year? Learn to drive dude. <_<

They aren't pulling me over for driving bad.

They stop and fish...

I got one speeding ticket in 20 years. Driving bad, usually once every decade.

No I think your driving sucks. :lol: Driving at odd hours is not a reason to be pulled over as often as you have. I drove late nights too working in restaurants. I've been driving for 40 years and have been pulled over maybe 5 times all for speeding. Once a year?? :o

Actually that's probably a good thread topic. How many times have you been pulled over?