Taylor and Watkins can be dangerous

Tyrod doesn't have great ball-placement on his throws.... (*sigh*) Cardale either :( ..... This is where a kid like Peterman can come in and best BOTH of them... Not saying it will happen.... But a QB who can give WR's a CHANCE to make plays will start this season... Deuce Peterman has a CLEAR opening... Will he walk through it is the question.....

I will say he has a better opening then if he had landed on some other teams in the league

The new staff and uncertainty of new scheme make it so

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good points you do sometimes make are ruined by your sarcasm and nasty attitude.

We're all Bills fans. We've all endured 17 years of suffering together. Why add to that pain by being mean to your brothers-in-arms?

this is a good point to make for everyone.

Don't ruin a good post with insults/ nasty attitude.

....far LARGER benefit would be if TT was dangerous with ANY of the receivers (WR or TE) in his arsenal.....fixating on ONE will never work.....spreading the wealth makes the passing game far more dynamic and keeps the opposition on their heals IMO..........

You forgot to add they work well together when Tyrod throws deep. And really anyone will be successful if they are taking deep shots to a phenominal WR in Watkins. Besides that...there is little to no chemistry, and their connection is not very strong.

You said you could throw the same deep balls to Watkins. How's camp going? But when it's the bad Wrs the Bills had last year, you stated the QB makes the WR.

You said you could throw the same deep balls to Watkins. How's camp going? But when it's the bad Wrs the Bills had last year, you stated the QB makes the WR.

In case you missed it (and it appears that you did)... I was inferring that nearly any QB could throw a deep ball in Watkins general direction and he'll come down with them alot (see KC game).

Watkins makes Taylor look good when he's catching those deep balls. When he's not and the passing game isn't good, posters like you shift blame to everyone else besides the QB. Of course it's not TT.

The good QB's can still function at a fairly high level with guys missing. A guy like Taylor sinks when he is missing any one of his playmakers. The excuses run rampant anytime Shady or Watkins misses time.

I'm sure at least one of those guys will each miss some time this upcoming season, and posters like yourself will cry about it cause Taylor will fail to get the job done again. It's weak, and at some point you have to get the job done regardless of who steps on the field.

He may not be handed the job but there is no doubt that these two, when on their games and healthy are a dangerous duo.

http://www.cover1.net/2017/05/tyrod-taylor-sammy-watkins/

meh, all highlight reels look fantastic.

the only part of their game together that was dangerous was the deep ball. and even with that, it looked like Tyrod regressed in that area last year.

In case you missed it (and it appears that you did)... I was inferring that nearly any QB could throw a deep ball in Watkins general direction and he'll come down with them alot (see KC game).

Watkins makes Taylor look good when he's catching those deep balls. When he's not and the passing game isn't good, posters like you shift blame to everyone else besides the QB. Of course it's not TT.

The good QB's can still function at a fairly high level with guys missing. A guy like Taylor sinks when he is missing any one of his playmakers. The excuses run rampant anytime Shady or Watkins misses time.

I'm sure at least one of those guys will each miss some time this upcoming season, and posters like yourself will cry about it cause Taylor will fail to get the job done again. It's weak, and at some point you have to get the job done regardless of who steps on the field.

Why bother watching the season? You and Foxx blame TT for everything wrong with the team. Just look at post 49. It's funny though how the two big QB evaluators at one time praised EJ, and Foxx I believe felt that EJ should have been starting at some point last season. If your going to have an agenda, it might help to have a good past of predicting a player who actually turned out not to be terrible.

I just feel like teams would game plan the opposite for Peterman as they do for Tyrod. With TT, you take away the deep passes, try to keep him in the pocket, and take your chances with him on underneath passes. With Peterman, you would take away the short stuff and force him to throw over the top to beat you, a la Fitz and Trent.

I will say that accuracy does seem to be more important than arm strength in the NFL. It also seems easier to get a slightly stronger arm than suddenly become accurate.

TT is less likely to throw a contested ball than say, Cardale, for example... The balls thrown in traffic are where accuracy and ball placement matter the most, IMO... TT's unwillingness to throw in these circumstances gives Deuce an edge, IF he can exploit it.... Tyrod HATES the middle of the field... -Stays away from it... Peterman (seems to) like the inside a lot more.... It may not be a direct threat, but It's something TT has to be aware of going into TC....

I couldn't get through it. Sorry. Looked like the plays were nice, but videos like this drive me insane. Just show me the play. Don't cut every tenth of a second. If you must give me music, OK, though it's not necessary but just show me the whole play.

Dude, was this even necessary...?

Don't watch it, then. Why be so disrespectful?

Nah. That's your opinion of what they know. What they almost certainly do know is that someone unseating Taylor this year is very unlikely, but not impossible.

Stuff happens. Guys regress. Other guys take huge steps up. What they'll do, they'll watch. Barring injuries, what they're likely to see is Tyrod performing better than the others, in which case he'll get the job this year. But you never know.

He really isn't going to be handed the job.

I mean, you're right that it's a cliche. But it's a cliche for a reason.

Anything can happen, but sounds like Taylor's the QB this year barring injury based on what we're hearing from McDermott, Dennison, and the players.

So in reality Taylor's already been handed the job in that it's his to lose.

Isn't that the case with most QBs?

That may be the case, but there is no open competition or splitting reps like 2 years ago. That means they clearly expect Taylor to be their starter. You also don't pay a guy $15 million to sit on the bench as a backup.

He's been handed the job but it's possible for him to lose it.

Not all that different from most NFL QBs out there.

Tyrod doesn't have great ball-placement on his throws.... (*sigh*) Cardale either :( ..... This is where a kid like Peterman can come in and best BOTH of them... Not saying it will happen.... But a QB who can give WR's a CHANCE to make plays will start this season... Deuce Peterman has a CLEAR opening... Will he walk through it is the question.....

Strongly disagree.

Ball placement isn't really a problem for Taylor. It's anticipation and trusting his WRs he needs to get better at. But when he decides to throw a ball to a certain spot it gets to that spot more often than not.

Strongly disagree.

Ball placement isn't really a problem for Taylor. It's anticipation and trusting his WRs he needs to get better at. But when he decides to throw a ball to a certain spot it gets to that spot more often than not.

Either way, There's an opening for someone ready to exploit Tyrod's weaknesses.... I think he struggles with trust and anticipation BECAUSE his ball placement isn't that good.... What Tyrod does do well is excel in TC... Any would-be challengers will have to make a very strong case there.

Exactly that KC game is a strong indicator if how Tyrod struggles to get Sammy the ball. People are fooled by the so called second half of the season. Tyrod still struggled to get Sammy the ball. The big illusion was the yards Sammy was gaining on the minimum chances he was getting. Look at the Houston game that year. The only game Tyrod got Sammy the ball on a consistent basis was that last Jets game. That's why I say if I'm the Bills all I want to see I'd Sammy healthy for the majority of the season. I really don't expect much with Tyrod under center

is it the QB the WR or the playcalling.

Dennison, i read here, favors his #1 WR.

I look forward to watching this develop, or devolve.

But again the issue is Sammy is not on the field for OTAs.

i hope Holmes plays well and Taylor falls in love with his route running and height

It's on Tyrod. Throw it to a receiver in space and on the move so they can pick up YAC, which was Watkins specialty in college. Stupid me, I knocked him for catching so many short passes.

Tyrod does throw a pretty deep ball. I wish he was better at the other throws though.

Hope Bills learn to throw a proper screen with blocking

he never looked like he trusted any of them consistently.

It strike me as odd.

enough to think he was instructed to protect the ball. Perhaps not.

As i mentioned once or twice I bet he is very nearly ordered to throw to a spot, no matter what he thinks he sees under Dennison. Fingers crossed

He may not be handed the job but there is no doubt that these two, when on their games and healthy are a dangerous duo.

Always appreciate your efforts Erik ; )

are you saying Tyrod didn't regress in the longball game last year?

he regressed in a couple of things. But i have to lay some blame on the revolving receiver corps. That was nearly silly in how the team was staffed.

Bring back whats his name from his second retirement from headaches?

tanking?

Edited by 3rdand12

Why bother watching the season? You and Foxx blame TT for everything wrong with the team. Just look at post 49. It's funny though how the two big QB evaluators at one time praised EJ, and Foxx I believe felt that EJ should have been starting at some point last season. If your going to have an agenda, it might help to have a good past of predicting a player who actually turned out not to be terrible.

Oh, look...another response that completely avoids what was actually said and reverts back to bringing up a player that has absolutely ZERO bearing in this at all.

Must be JM2009.

Get better at posting, bud.

Why bring EJ up? Hes not even on the team anymore.. Is it wrong for a fan to root for a player he likes on this team?

Edited by Hurricane

It isn't... Like I said it the post, it has to be developed and nurtured... Scott, if you need an improvement for your home, you go out and get it... Sometimes it requires research, many trips to Loew's, Sometimes a professional has to come in and install it for you... Still, you get it done... I don't think being a true fan means putting up with excuses ad nauseum... At a certain point, all the stops must be pulled out.

What exactly does a fan not putting up with excuses do for the on field product?

I like the Kubiak offense....it was a great choice if not maintaining the status quo with Lynn.

But to me you gotta wonder about the following things:

1) Will they still be able to lead the league in big plays without the long looks of Lynn's offense?

2) Will they still be as efficient in the redzone and short yardage?

3) Will this offense make Taylor and McCoy too mechanical? McCoy's running style is not a great fit, will he comply to the short gains or will he revert to his 2014-2015 forms where he tried to outrun the defense to the sideline over and over.

People talk about moving the chains more........the offense moved the chains PLENTY last year........it's a lazy complaint.

Dennison will be very hard pressed to match last year's overall offensive production even if Watkins is healthy and the WR corps in general is improved..........but we can always hope.

What exactly does a fan not putting up with excuses do for the on field product?

I think front offices eventually feel the fan's ire one way or another... I've seen well-timed, BOOS change things once or twice in my life... Management takes notice at some point.

Edited by #34fan

I think front offices eventually feel the fan's ire one way or another... I've seen well-timed, BOOS change things once or twice in my life... Management takes notice at some point.

Pegula def strikes me as an owner that listens to the fans in one way or another.....I would not be suprised if he didnt peruse this site every once in a while

on the now defunked board.....I once made a comment on the beauty of Kim Pegula......i got a pm from a mod telling me to watch myself in that area......translation....the owner reads the boards