DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

Just now, garybusey said:

Back in the land of reality, Bannon was subpoenaed this afternoon (second time in as many weeks for those keeping score) to comply with the House Intelligence hearing. Sources (from Fox reporter Chad Pergram) say Bannon was directed by the White House to not answer any questions about the White House and the transition

In my opinion, the bolded is an example of obstruction of justice.

Thankfully your opinion isn't law. 

According to the law, it isn't. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thankfully your opinion isn't law. 

According to the law, it isn't. 

matter of national security on transition advice, unless it's deemed not to be for very important grounds, not just butthurt over losing

2 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Back in the land of reality, Bannon was subpoenaed this afternoon (second time in as many weeks for those keeping score) to comply with the House Intelligence hearing. Sources (from Fox reporter Chad Pergram) say Bannon was directed by the White House to not answer any questions about the White House and the transition

That's executive privilege as exercised by every administration since Clinton.

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's executive privilege as exercised by every administration since Clinton.

besides Nixon, has the declaration of executive privilege been overruled for a President?

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Don't know.  Not in my memory (Clinton administration), and it's been consistently expanded.

i did not know that, weird wild stuff...

again I trust we can avoid challenging EP unless there is a clear and compelling reason for it, and butthurt over Trump winning isn't close to that

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i did not know that, weird wild stuff...

again I trust we can avoid challenging EP unless there is a clear and compelling reason for it, and butthurt over Trump winning isn't close to that

But he's a Nazi!

1 hour ago, garybusey said:

The same report finished by saying executive privilege was not given to Bannon.

If the report said Bannon was given instructions not to answer, and it says he wasn't granted executive privilege, then the report is !@#$ed.

If, on the other hand,  you're saying Bannon was given instructions not to answer, and the report says he wasn't granted executive privilege, then you are !@#$ed.

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If the report said Bannon was given instructions not to answer, and it says he wasn't granted executive privilege, then the report is !@#$ed.

If, on the other hand,  you're saying Bannon was given instructions not to answer, and the report says he wasn't granted executive privilege, then you are !@#$ed.

Yep.

That's internally contradictory.

2 hours ago, garybusey said:

If that's true it could be. The transition for sure would in no way count as executive privilege 

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If that's true it could be. The transition for sure would in no way count as executive privilege 

You're an idiot.  

The transition involved discussion between the sitting administration and the incumbent administration, which certainly falls under the rubric of "executive privilege."  It's a short hop from there to covering almost anything a transition team is involved in, based simply on the idea that any discussion likely involved deliberation on policy related to the current executive.  

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Bigger question is, why don't they want Sloppy Steve to testify? 

Why didn't Obama, when he exercised "executive privilege," want Ben Rhodes to testify to Congress about the Iran nuclear deal?

If you had any sort of introspection whatsoever, it would bug the living **** out of you that your bull **** cuts both ways.

52 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You're an idiot.  

The transition involved discussion between the sitting administration and the incumbent administration, which certainly falls under the rubric of "executive privilege."  It's a short hop from there to covering almost anything a transition team is involved in, based simply on the idea that any discussion likely involved deliberation on policy related to the current executive.  

Why didn't Obama, when he exercised "executive privilege," want Ben Rhodes to testify to Congress about the Iran nuclear deal?

If you had any sort of introspection whatsoever, it would bug the living **** out of you that your bull **** cuts both ways.

Nice try, but no. Just because they were working with the other administrion doesn't mean it falls under Trump's executive privilidge. 

Obama and a nuclear deal where sensitive information might actually need protected are a poor precedent to cite for another's transition team 

lame