DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The difference I believe is they couldn't tie Obama directly to it.  Trump would probably be charged with "conspiracy to violate campaign finance laws."  John Edwards is the better comparison.

Yup, they got old Johnny out of the race to clear the decks some more, and then he was found not guilty.

What happened to the tape? The one that was cut off and then disappeared after Trump said not to pay in cash. And, if a campaign is self-financed, how does using your own money pay for something tie to an FEC  violation? Does that mean Trump was not allowed to buy himself a meal with his own money at the time? Not allowed to use his own money to buy a suit at that time? Candidates do not have to disclose non-campaign expenditures for everything.  A payment to avoid marital strife and embarrassment needs to be declared when made from your own pocket? I'd find that highly unlikely (but I could be wrong!)

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yup, they got old Johnny out of the race to clear the decks some more, and then he was found not guilty.

What happened to the tape? The one that was cut off and then disappeared after Trump said not to pay in cash. And, if a campaign is self-financed, how does using your own money pay for something tie to an FEC  violation? Does that mean Trump was not allowed to buy himself a meal with his own money at the time? Not allowed to use his own money to buy a suit at that time? Candidates do not have to disclose non-campaign expenditures for everything.  A payment to avoid marital strife and embarrassment needs to be declared when made from your own pocket? I'd find that highly unlikely (but I could be wrong!)

If it's made to influence the election then yes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

If it's made to influence the election then yes.

Soooooo a billionaire playboy who has paid women to go away in the past makes another payment for a woman to go away, and suddenly it will "influence an election"?

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Soooooo a billionaire playboy who has paid women to go away in the past makes another payment for a woman to go away, and suddenly it will "influence an election"?

what part of "telling the truth" is elusive? Serious question..if it was found out Trump cheated on his taxes, would it matter to you?

BTW, Lanny Davis was just on CNN...hmm that sounds interesting

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump's base knew all this about him.................... and they still voted for him anyways.

All this is really no news, but I will keep out of it as people are losing their minds over this.............. on both sides.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

Trump's base knew all this about him.................... and they still voted for him anyways.

All this is really no news, but I will keep out of it as people are losing their minds over this.............. on both sides.

Yup, you are correct.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yup, you are correct.

A lot of people I have talked to say that this will be the Golden Goose that will bring Trump down.

I have heard this for two years.

I just keep my mouth shut. It is pretty pointless. Haters are always going to hate. Nothing I say won't change anyone's mind, so it is best for me to just keep my mouth shut.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

again the question...does the end justify the means at all costs? Can Trump's indiscretions and untruths have no bearing on his ability to lead our country? It matters not that your kids hear...results are all that matters..lie, cheat. steal...doesn't matter just win baby.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

But is he wrong?

Hes as wrong as you can be. Whats going down is reality. Five plea deals and counting. This isnt some liberal fantasy. This is the most corrupt scumbag in the history of the presidency getting slowly burned to the ground and its awesome. Not because I have some anti republican agenda. The only agenda I have is not having some slimeball lead my country. I hated Trump AND Hillary. Two earthworms rolling around in the mud fighting for the same piece of slime. Sadly, the bigger scumbag appears to have won. Good news though. He wont last another 6 months. The five time draft dodging traitor isnt gonna make it to the end of his first term. Resignation is imminent.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

did I say anything about racist and misogynist?.I said a liar...and I think you would have a hard time saying the boy does not a have a very distant relationship with the truth. Again, you point to the fact he gets  results..I agree, he knows how to use the bankruptcy court and the credit markets much better than common folks like us, and lets not even get into what he did to the poor folks enrolled in his university..very profitable for him!!!...

As mentioned..I value character and values over results ar all costs.  Its what I have hoped I have imparted on my kids...as it sounds like you have. I just don't see Trump as the beacon of hope in that regards!

Then don't let your kids run as candidates in a Presidential campaign.  Every one can be investigated and found to be indiscreet at best, and criminal at worst.  They all walk around like that Pigpen character in Peanuts, in their own cloud of filth and lies.  Every candidate lies and every President does, too. The Cohen plea deal is the direct result of and investigation of a person (Trump), not an event. Muellers task was to find Russian collusion by Trump.  That's so nebulous that the only way to proceed is to pick at everyone who was around him. When you investigate a person -- especially someone like Trump -- you will find crap to throw on him. Find me a candidate that this isn't true for. This is why no normal-minded person would want to run.

While you're telling your kids the right way to act, add that they should stay out of politics. Character and values didn't exist in the 2016 election on either side, and it's been a downward swirl ever since.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

again the question...does the end justify the means at all costs? Can Trump's indiscretions and untruths have no bearing on his ability to lead our country? It matters not that your kids hear...results are all that matters..lie, cheat. steal...doesn't matter just win baby.

Trump has to answer to his wife about this.......... or wives from his past.

Millions of people are adulterers and those are the ones who are taking the moral high ground while going against this President.

It's a mess and I really don't have an answer for you.

1 minute ago, snafu said:

Yep. Good reading.

This just proves I have no life whatsoever as I can read thoroughly through threads. LOL.

The wife ignores me on every level, so I truly have nothing better to do when I am not working.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, snafu said:

Then don't let your kids run as candidates in a Presidential campaign.  Every one can be investigated and found to be indiscreet at best, and criminal at worst.  They all walk around like that Pigpen character in Peanuts, in their own cloud of filth and lies.  Every candidate lies and every President does, too. The Cohen plea deal is the direct result of and investigation of a person (Trump), not an event. Muellers task was to find Russian collusion by Trump.  That's so nebulous that the only way to proceed is to pick at everyone who was around him. When you investigate a person -- especially someone like Trump -- you will find crap to throw on him. Find me a candidate that this isn't true for. This is why no normal-minded person would want to run.

While you're telling your kids the right way to act, add that they should stay out of politics. Character and values didn't exist in the 2016 election on either side, and it's been a downward swirl ever since.

total BS...i agree about the swamp in terms of people so dug in they can't see the forest for the trees. But I don't think the majority of folks, on either side, are bad people who incessantly lie.. I just don't buy it. I also did not buy Hilary was a good person..and i agree its why we ended up with Trump. But to just dismiss the people he has surrounded himself with and his incessant lies is the exact opposite of what I think our country needs in leadersghip...examples and role models. 

You have kids? Will you teach them the truth is not the truth? 

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I can see your point, but obviously Trump’s camp felt it could, right? 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

total BS...i agree about the swamp in terms of people so dug in they can't see the forest for the trees. But I don't think the majority of folks, on either side, are bad people who incessantly lie.. I just don't buy it. I also did not buy Hilary was a good person..and i agree its why we ended up with Trump. But to just dismiss the people he has surrounded himself with and his incessant lies is the exact opposite of what I think our country needs in leadersghip...examples and role models. 

Come on man!

DlIweDGX4AAhuEe.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

It isn't total BS. I'm saying that normal rules of morality and honesty and pure motives get corrupted at the highest levels of politics. That's when and where too many who haven't been taught the right way to act (or who have been taught and forgot) latch on for power or greed or selfish profit. Of course there are good people in politics, but obviously not enough. 

My kids know right and wrong, and so far so good  I've taught them. Mrs. Snafu has taught them. 

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

It isn't total BS. I'm saying that normal rules of morality and honesty and pure motives get corrupted at the highest levels of politics. That's when and where too many who haven't been taught the right way to act (or who have been taught and forgot) latch on for power or greed or selfish profit. Of course there are good people in politics, but obviously not enough. 

My kids know right and wrong, and so far so good  I've taught them. Mrs. Snafu has taught them. 

I get that..but are you saying that the ideas of right and wrong should be dispensed with at the highest levels of politics? I just can't buy that.

You say your kids know right from wrong..in your heart of hearts do you believe our president does?