Bills hire Marvin Allen, KC Dir College Scouting

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Marvin Allen has been with the Falcons for four years and spent 16 seasons with the New England Patriots, including his last 12 in the player personnel department as an Area Scout. "

Good move.

@insidetheleague

There's major chatter across the league that #Chiefs Dir of College Scouting Marvin Allen is headed to #Bills in TBD role. Highly respected.

He is going to work this message board?

"Dorsey kept on most of the scouts that were already in Kansas City as he prepared for April’s draft. Most of those scouts would have been brought in during the Scott Pioli regime.

Now it is time for Dorsey to start bringing in people he trusts to help build the Chiefs for the future. I like that Dorsey is looking outside the Green Bay organization to find talent."

I think Kirby Jackson will like this!

In addition to good info on Allen, I find it interesting that this piece also stated the Chiefs waited until after the Draft to fire their scouts and hire their own personnel....something many on this message board were flaming away at the Bills for doing...also, I like this hire presuming it comes to fruition. I really like this move especially in light of all the other personnel moves they've done so far. If it holds, this to me signals once more there is a new direction at OBD.

In addition to good info on Allen, I find it interesting that this piece also stated the Chiefs waited until after the Draft to fire their scouts and hire their own personnel....something many on this message board were flaming away at the Bills for doing...also, I like this hire presuming it comes to fruition. I really like this move especially in light of all the other personnel moves they've done so far. If it holds, this to me signals once more there is a new direction at OBD.

every team (that I can recall, other than the Browns who fired some 6 weeks before the draft last year) operates that way when re-organizing a FO. I *think* the debate in that thread wasn't over whether that's what everyone does, but whether it is actually the best method. It's a good discussion. Edited by YoloinOhio