What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

I have grown up, 40 years watching the Bills. You grow up and get off your high horse. I will call it like I see it. We're losers 17 years of this crap. So I will say what I want when I want.

that is HIGHLY debatable...

Are you sure you're even a fan of the Bills? You keep calling everyone that supports their hometown team losers (and anyone who doesn't agree with the Exact move you wanted the Bills to make in the 1st round).

Every single one of us Bills fans wants this team to be a winner. Every one of us wants great QB for the Bills. Just because everyone isn't sure (or doesn't think) that Mahomes will be a multi Super Bowl, hall of fame type QB doesn't mean we don't.

nobody can know with any certainty what he will be. 1st round QBs bust at over a 50% rate. NFL teams, with dozens of people who get paid to do this for a living - people who spend years scouting these players and digging into their personal lives and gathering every imaginable detail - get it wrong constantly. To post your opinion on him like its a fact, declare him a hall of fame type QB and say that whatever team drafts him will win multiple Super Bowls is just silly.

Edited by BillsFan4

I don't think we need to worry about that.

It will be nice when KC defensive scoring luck runs out and they have a down year and the Bills end up with two first round picks in the upper teens.

It would be nice if it runs out and we get the 1st and 32nd of the draft.....IMHO

Where would you all rank Mahomes if he was entering the draft next year? Would he still be a top 10 pick, or 2nd QB taken? Would Andy Reid take Mahomes over the top 2 or 3 QBs next year. I know no one can really answer those questions, but I would like to here your opinions.

Where would you all rank Mahomes if he was entering the draft next year? Would he still be a top 10 pick, or 2nd QB taken? Would Andy Reid take Mahomes over the top 2 or 3 QBs next year. I know no one can really answer those questions, but I would like to here your opinions.

I honestly don't know because I haven't evaluated next year's class yet. I do want to make a start over the summer on them. I didn't have a high film grade on Mahomes either mind you, I had a high 3rd round grade on him he was my QB4, but if I was to list the order I'd have taken them he'd have been 3rd because I was more intrigued by his upside than that of Kizer. I can tell you where I had the two QBs I had 1st round grades on (Watson and Trubisky) in comparison to the last few past classes but I am not yet into next year's class so can't give that forward perspective.

No way would he be top 2 in next year's class. There are at least 3 QBs that are likely to come out in 2018 that would go before Mahomes. Although he certainly would have had a chance to improve his draft stock by playing another year of college ball. Everything is subject to change though. A year ago Kizer was projected to go 1st overall. Mahomes is highly talented, but very raw even by current standards. He has to make a giant leap to the NFL. He's a classic high risk-high reward QB. He probably won't hit big, but if he does - JACKPOT!

I'd rank the top 3 as: Darnold, Rosen and Allen. Mahomes and Rudolph would be vying for 4 and 5.

Edited by BarleyNY

I have grown up, 40 years watching the Bills. You grow up and get off your high horse. I will call it like I see it. We're losers 17 years of this crap. So I will say what I want when I want.

40 years old and going on a message board to call out fans and call them losers means you haven't grown up.

This QB class stuff is funny. I want the best class! I can't speak for Andy Reid on next year's class but if I have a Derek Carr level prospect on the board and I don't have a franchise QB I run to the podium even if people think Winston or Mariotta could be better.

Same goes with Mahomes. When you have a guy that can be a franchise QB sitting there you don't start wondering about Darnold or a Rosen UNLESS you had a high certainty of finishing last place. Then and only then is it worth trying to look ahead. Having a guy better than your guy the next year does nothing to improve your football team unless you have a plan to secure that player. Tanking is a plan. Having a random extra 1st is not even close to enough to trade up unless you are getting a prospect worse than Mahomes and Wentz.

Not all NFL teams have good QB scouts. The worst teams like the Bills wouldn't recognize a good QB if they tapped them on the shoulder. The playoff teams and/or teams with QB gurus were salivating over Mahomes. Hopefully Beane and McDermott will hire a QB guru.

What a crock of BS. You don't know anything about any scouting staff but are going to say what they were salivating over? My god you're a child.

This QB class stuff is funny. I want the best class! I can't speak for Andy Reid on next year's class but if I have a Derek Carr level prospect on the board and I don't have a franchise QB I run to the podium even if people think Winston or Mariotta could be better.

Same goes with Mahomes. When you have a guy that can be a franchise QB sitting there you don't start wondering about Darnold or a Rosen UNLESS you had a high certainty of finishing last place. Then and only then is it worth trying to look ahead. Having a guy better than your guy the next year does nothing to improve your football team unless you have a plan to secure that player. Tanking is a plan. Having a random extra 1st is not even close to enough to trade up unless you are getting a prospect worse than Mahomes and Wentz.

I agree with this principle. If you are high on a guy don't pass on him because you think there might be a slam dunk the next year unless you are planning to tank to ensure you get him.

2015 is a good example. There were 2 outstanding QB prospects in that draft. They were the 2nd and 3rd best players in the draft on my big board. I didn't have another Quarterback with a grade inside the top 4 rounds. Winston and Mariota went 1 and 2. If you had passed on a guy you liked in 2014 just hoping on of those two was there for you in 2015 and then they weren't there was no "back up plan" worth a toot.

Google. Try using it.

You made the claim, you provide the info.

I want info from the 12 playoff teams scouting staff they were salivating over Mahomes.

I wonder why they didn't trade up to #1 to get him? For the right price, the Browns of course would have taken it.

Edited by Teeflebees

You made the claim, you provide the info.

I want info from the 12 playoff teams scouting staff they were salivating over Mahomes.

Andy Reid, John Dorsey, John Gruden, Sean Payton, and Bruce Arians. Start there and also add the NY Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers.

What's the matter? Your mock draft doesn't match up anymore? Your Greg Cosell QB or Cian Fahey QB commentary lead you astray again?!

Edited by jeffismagic

Andy Reid, John Dorsey, John Gruden, Sean Payton, and Bruce Arians. Start there and also add the NY Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers.

There were 9 spots ahead of the Bills in which these teams could have traded up for Mahomes...I thought they were salivating? Unless of course you think actions don't speak louder than words.

"Were salivating over Mahomes but aren't going to trade way ahead of teams in the top 10 to ensure we get him!"

Augie please leave this thread. It's people like you and Teef that can't cope with the criticism. This thread is about what if Peterman is better the Mahomes. Please state your opinion on the subject will he be better then Mahomes. Your welcome to start your own thread talking about how the Bills will now not draft a QB in the first 3 rounds until the year 2025. Until then me and Jeffsmagic will continue to call anyone out that does not get why were upset and for the record I did not start this war. Teef called me a little B word and turned it into one. the only thing I said is were losers and he's a loser for supporting this thinking. Many fans on here that feel the same way about the constant non taking of QB's in the first 3 rounds and continually taking position players and think this will solve the bills problem. So if you don't like hearing us talk about Mahomes, and for your info me or Jeff'smagic did not start this thread. It's about do we think Peterman will be better then Mahomes. There is not a chance in the world that will happen in my opinion. But at least me and Jeffsmagic have an opinion. I hear a lot of I'm ok with the Bills not taking him or I'm not sure if he will be good. Get a back bone take a stand get passionate. it's like you guys are in a zombie trance. You just suck down any cool aide the bills force feed you.

How CUTE! You want your own little Mahomes thread where no one will disagree with you! :)

Look, I'm NOT saying the guy won't pan out, but you are beyond obnoxious in trying to make your point. We know where you stand. Come back and say I told you so......when there is a basis for that. I don't hate the QB nearly as much as I hate your false certainty that he's The Man.

Edited by billsareback

What's the matter? Your mock draft doesn't match up anymore? Your Greg Cosell QB or Cian Fahey QB commentary lead you astray again?!

Never had a mock draft.

I never have praised Fahey.

How in the world would Cossell lead me astray?

Reaching a bit here huh?

There were 9 spots ahead of the Bills in which these teams could have traded up for Mahomes...I thought they were salivating? Unless of course you think actions don't speak louder than words.

"Were salivating over Mahomes but aren't going to trade way ahead of teams in the top 10 to ensure we get him!"

Teams tried to trade ahead of the Bills for Mahomes. Read the 49ers SI story. Just because you want to make a trade doesn't mean the other team has to agree. Bills first team to say yes to Kansas City who called people before Buffalo. Looks like McDermott's great trade not so hot for teams in the 9, 8, 7, etc spots.

Augie you need to leave this thread. You don't care about the Bills QB situation or Mahomes. Just run along and go play somewhere else.

Of 311 posts so far, how many are from LessThanMagicJeff? I don't remember a personal thread quite like this. Congrats!

I said I'd be done if you were done, but there's no stopping you! When do you think this might subside?

I come back because I check most threads looking for rational ideas. This has been disappointing.

Edited by billsareback