What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

I feel like you are trying to pull me into a Transplant thread. The answer is Tyrod is on his way to greatness, right?

Nope, but he has produced almost identically to Alex Smith over the past 2 years. Both will have lost their jobs by '19, if we're being honest.

Nope, but he has produced almost identically to Alex Smith over the past 2 years. Both will have lost their jobs by '19, if we're being honest.

Alex Smith is playing his last year. His replacement has been drafted and is warming up in the bullpen.

I feel like you are trying to pull me into a Transplant thread. The answer is Tyrod is on his way to greatness, right?

LOL this is your last resort. When facts stop supporting your argument you jump right to the sarcasm. "Oh well I guess Tyrod must be the 2nd coming of Tom Brady then!!" No dude, no one is saying that. We're saying he's a serviceable starter in a league where serviceable starters are hard to come by. AND he's only been a starter for 2 years which means there is upside for him to improve. Alex Smith has been a starter for a decade!

The answer is wait and see what happens and for the love of God stop obsessing over Mahomes. Smarter people than you have been wrong about surer prospects than him.

LOL this is your last resort. When facts stop supporting your argument you jump right to the sarcasm. "Oh well I guess Tyrod must be the 2nd coming of Tom Brady then!!" No dude, no one is saying that. We're saying he's a serviceable starter in a league where serviceable starters are hard to come by. AND he's only been a starter for 2 years which means there is upside for him to improve. Alex Smith has been a starter for a decade!

The answer is wait and see what happens and for the love of God stop obsessing over Mahomes. Smarter people than you have been wrong about surer prospects than him.

You can wait and see. I have waited for 20 years for this team to get a QB and I can see they have no interest in changing their ways.

Jeffismagic has increased his post count 100 fold from this thread alone and at least 1500 in Mahomes threads in general. The Chiefs' scouting department would be proud. :thumbsup:

Jeffismagic has increased his post count 100 fold from this thread alone and at least 1500 in Mahomes threads in general. The Chiefs' scouting department would be proud. :thumbsup:

I am just the vanguard. Once the real NFL games start and the Bills are on their way to another losing season Mahomes mania 2017 will look like child's play from Darnold, Rosen, Allen, etc fans. And I won't be on any of them.

Edited by jeffismagic

I am just the vanguard. Once the real NFL games start and the Bills are on their way to another losing season Mahomes mania 2017 will look like child's play from Darnold, Rosen, Allen, etc fans. And I won't be on any of them.

THIS is likely the truth my friend :lol: And I bet BuffaloBarbarian leads the charge. :thumbsup:

Hindsight is wishing we had taken Tom Brady when he fell to the 6th round. The Chiefs valuing Mahomes enough to move up to get him and us deciding the picks were worth more than him isn't hindsight if he's great, it's the Chiefs doing a better job in evaluation than us.

Even if we picked Brady, he may have been a scrub because the coaches didn't coach him up right. Brady was in the right system with the right coach to be successful. IMHO.

His endurance is quite remarkable.

Sadly....

You can wait for the pie in the sky I guess. I'd take my chances with something real.

The question is: is Mahomes real? Sure he's something tangible right now but was he worth the 10th overall pick, much less what the Chiefs give up to get him? I guess we'll find out in a few years.