PFF: Tyrod Taylor #2 starting QB in AFCE

Your analysis while interesting to an extent is flawed. Taylor scored more TDs on his own if you combine his passing and his rushing TDs then than like 15 other QBs. The Bills just happen to have a lot of rushing TDs on top of it bringing Taylors percentage down compared to other QBs that don't ALSO have rushing TDs. When you look at just QB TDs Taylor ranks in the top 15. When you look at total TDs Taylor ranks low on percent because other teams don't have a lot of rushing TDs adding to their total like we do. This is why the Bills ranked like top 5 in TDs.

To add... your analysis also fails to account for how much Taylors threat of run makes it easier on our running backs by removing at least one defender from the play on quite a lot of downs.

No he isn't top 15. Tyalor has 23 combined TDs. That ties him wit Bortles and Dak who have 23 through the air. Not counting their rushing TDs as well. Edited by BillsFan17

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he isn't top 15. Tyalor has 23 combined TDs. That ties him wit Bortles and Dak who have 23 through the air. Not counting their rushing TDs as well.

You are right I didn't count their rushing TDs. So top 17. Feel better? Middle of the pack either way. I didn't think it a big deal when I skimmed the rankings.

Edited by Scott7975

You are right I didn't count their rushing TDs. So top 17. Feel better? Middle of the pack either way. I didn't think it a big deal when I skimmed the rankings.

It's silly but to juse skim through and make an argument based on half analysed stats. There are more than enough people that will piggy back off that in their own arguments.

Being top 15 is different than not being top 15. Believe me, there is a reason why he was told take a pay cut or there is the door.

People keep acting like Tyrod lead this team when in actually he really is a bottom half of the league QB, and last time I checked you are either moving on from those types, or they are young players still developing.

Edited by BillsFan17

Your analysis while interesting to an extent is flawed. Taylor scored more TDs on his own if you combine his passing and his rushing TDs then than like 15 other QBs. The Bills just happen to have a lot of rushing TDs on top of it bringing Taylors percentage down compared to other QBs that don't ALSO have rushing TDs. When you look at just QB TDs Taylor ranks in the top 15. When you look at total TDs Taylor ranks low on percent because other teams don't have a lot of rushing TDs adding to their total like we do. This is why the Bills ranked like top 5 in TDs.

To add... your analysis also fails to account for how much Taylors threat of run makes it easier on our running backs by removing at least one defender from the play on quite a lot of downs.

None of what you said here has any bearing on what I was trying to say. You can say "well, the Bills just ran for alot more TD's than other team's, and while that's true (They were actually the only team to score more TD's on the ground than through the air), it doesn't change my premise, which is that Taylor was less responsible for his team's offensive production than most other QB's.

And I'll see your threat of the run helping the offense and raise you linebackers and safeties playing closer to the line because they aren't concerned with getting beat with the pass.

Did anyone account for the fact that Taylor only played 15 games. He threw 3 touchdowns in the first Jet's matchup and didn't get a chance to play in the last one. Seems like that should factor in there somewhere.

I live in Philly and have seen plenty of Wentz. He is light years beyond Tyrod. He is constantly making calls and adjustments at the line from what he sees in the defense. Again, the systems and what is asked of the QB plays a big part here. He was also a rookie, and he didn't have a complete cupcake schedule like Tyrod either.

You go do your evaluation. It should be fun to see if you can actually form an opinion that doesn't paint Tyrod as a good QB since you seem determined to do so.

All the stats in the world mean squat to me when you run a simplistic offense with little to no responsibility when nearly all other QB's are responsible for much more within their offense. One of the weakest pass offenses being propped up by safe and easy throws that produce some good metrics when viewed through the narrow rose colored lens that some choose to look through here.

We live in the age of social media and the Internet. Everything is easy access now. Saying you live in Philly doesn't give you any more credibility than anyone else regarding Wentz.

I have NFL Game Pass and access to All-22 and have watched a good bit of Wentz just for fun. His career could go in a couple directions. He looks like a good pick by the Eagles at this point but he went through some serious growing pains his rookie year and really struggled as the year progressed. It's too early to say what he'll be for sure, yet you just feel like you have to...

We live in the age of social media and the Internet. Everything is easy access now. Saying you live in Philly doesn't give you any more credibility than anyone else regarding Wentz.

I have NFL Game Pass and access to All-22 and have watched a good bit of Wentz just for fun. His career could go in a couple directions. He looks like a good pick by the Eagles at this point but he went through some serious growing pains his rookie year and really struggled as the year progressed. It's too early to say what he'll be for sure, yet you just feel like you have to...

Likewise.... in fact one of the projects I have just started is going back and re-watching Wentz, Prescott, Kessler and Goff from last year (ie. the rookie QBs). I'm going to watch every throw. Once I've completed that I will post my thoughts on this board. My instinct on what I did watch was that Wentz ended the season doing a pretty poor Blake Bortles impression - his mechanics seemed to get worse as the season went on. I'll be assessing whether that was a true reflection when I go through the film in more detail.

Crusher (and the poster's of that group) NEVER discuss defense unless its specifically brought up and even then the argument is well...."iffy"

I have tried to explain what it means to have a "team identity" but it is falling on deaf ears for some

2 years ago this team would have loved to just have a qb that managed the game and didnt turn the ball over because our D as so dominant.....not because of what the Ryan brothers did to this team now its all about the offense (and in particular the qb) not winning games for the team

Would I like to see a 300 yard 4 TD 1 int passer? Sure I would......that option is not available to us right now.....what i would really like to see is this team get its team identity ship righted and not give up 100 yard rushers...not have critical miscommunications in our secondary that go for touchdowns.....NOT BE BEHIND IN FOURTH QUARTERS.

Yes.....I want better passing plays.....lets see if guys actually making plays for their quarterback actually happen this year.

Yes, yes we would.

It would leave us happy and a high priced QB w/a low passing output.

It would leave us with people truly believing that TT is a Franchise QB.

I'm all behind TT until someone better comes along.