Kentucky Derby

I'm not a huge horse racing fan, but my mother and I have a tradition for the last dozen years where we go out and eat lunch and bet on the ponies. I'm usually pretty certain about who I want, but I can't get behind a particular horse this year. I like Irish war cry and Gormley....who else is wagering today?

I always watch the Triple Crown races. Don't know anything about the horses who are racing though.

Yeah, I always try to see them. They pre-race hype on game day make actually exceed the Super Bowl, because that at least that lasts 3-4 hours! I'm worried I'll change the channel, blink and miss it!

It's actually a pretty big thread on my college hoops board. I Know nothing more than it's fun to watch.

I'm a racing fan for sure...in fact, every year in the days leading up to the Derby, I make sure to rewatch the 1973 Triple Crown races to remind myself of just how incredible Secretariat really was in his day.

I feel like the conditions today will throw things for a loop. A horse like McCracken or Classic Empire may have a better shot than they otherwise would in pristine conditions.

Of course, the best story that could ever happen would be for Patch to take it home, but I doubt that's a real possibility.

I'm a racing fan for sure...in fact, every year in the days leading up to the Derby, I make sure to rewatch the 1973 Triple Crown races to remind myself of just how incredible Secretariat really was in his day.

I feel like the conditions today will throw things for a loop. A horse like McCracken or Classic Empire may have a better shot than they otherwise would in pristine conditions.

Of course, the best story that could ever happen would be for Patch to take it home, but I doubt that's a real possibility.

MCcraken wins the beauty pageant for sure. Wow what a horse.

Another horse is named Jboys? Isn't that what some posters refer to Boyst as? He running today?

Horsing were banging off each other out of the gate and took a few of them right out of the action.

Smooth ride by Velasquez and he easily held off a couple of weak challenges down the stretch.

Yeah, I always try to see them. They pre-race hype on game day make actually exceed the Super Bowl, because that at least that lasts 3-4 hours! I'm worried I'll change the channel, blink and miss it!

It's actually a pretty big thread on my college hoops board. I Know nothing more than it's fun to watch.

Yeah the pregame show for the race is way too long. Ridiculous.

Horsing were banging off each other out of the gate and took a few of them right out of the action.

Smooth ride by Velasquez and he easily held off a couple of weak challenges down the stretch.

Good ride, indeed.

How about that trifecta & superfecta? Wow!

So I bet 5,1,10,14,17 w/ 5,1,14,10,17 w/ 5,1,14,10,17 and it finished 5,1,11,14 & paid $8,297!! I had 1,2 & 4 and didn't cash. I'm miserable!!

But I am forever grateful to the people who paid for the marble mosaic pool bottoms and the tiny toga clad young ladies in Vegas who bring those frozen grapes out to me on silver platters as the heat intensifies pool side. :)

Better luck next time!

Did that help ease your pain?

No, I didn't think so......

But I am forever grateful to the people who paid for the marble mosaic pool bottoms and the tiny toga clad young ladies in Vegas who bring those frozen grapes out to me on silver platters as the heat intensifies pool side. :)

Better luck next time!

Did that help ease your pain?

No, I didn't think so......

I keep staring at this stupid ticket. My brother called me and said "we should have talked earlier; I used the 11, I was like, "thanks Dick." Edited by Kirby Jackson

I keep staring at this stupid ticket. My brother called me and said "we should have talked earlier; I used the 11." I was like, "thanks Dick."

Well, at least it led to a connection with family. YOU WIN!

(Just not a lot of money....)

MCcraken wins the beauty pageant for sure. Wow what a horse.

Another horse is named Jboys? Isn't that what some posters refer to Boyst as? He running today?

jboyst... now boyst. for my name jeff boyst

whilst im hung like a horse i am not running in this derby today, just my normal run

also odd that my cousin is mccracken, formerly a boyst.

Edited by Boyst62

I no longer have any interest in the Kentucky Derby whatsoever. There are always too many Pats * players in attendance.

when they refused to put a saddle on gieselle bunchen I stopped watching. That ugly horse should be shot

I no longer have any interest in the Kentucky Derby whatsoever. There are always too many Pats * players in attendance.

Wait until about 10 minutes before the race to turn on the television to watch it. Then you don't have to see any of that crap.