QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

The OP wouldn't even mention this guy if he didn't have it hard for TT...FACT.

All indications say he doesn't have it...he's a physical talent, haven't seen much or heard much that speaks to his football IQ and feel for the position.

I have no issues with those who still hold out hope, but that's all it is, and it's based on blind faith.

.....ball is in Dennison's court.....if processing the entire field in <5 seconds is an inherent weakness that remains hard to overcome, he needs to design an offense that accommodates it....BUT, he cannot sacrifice the passing game as a viable weapon in the arsenal to win games......quicker & shorter read type plays, utilizing the backfield more, big TE utilization, etc may work......with the way the OL is coming together, work in the deep ball as well which TT does well.....probably his "make it or break it" year.......so with two 1sts in 2018 and the potential (?) of Peterman, options do become available...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that's worth a long debate, but Orton was not better than Taylor. No way.

Statistically as passers they were about the same. Taylor added 500 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns.

The problem is that a lot of people don't agree with you. We haven't seen him play in an offense that asked him to pass like the best QBs do. Let's see what 2017 brings.

Totally agree. No way was Orton a better qb that Taylor. Taylor creates way more explosive plays and he still does an excellent job of protecting the football.

I used to save some quotes from some posters on BBMB in order to refute some of the nonsense that some posted put up. Out of respect to the Mods here and rules, I won't post one from Crusher that would prove that he has had an agenda against Taylor. He simply continues it on here, but a little more carefully on his part thus far. He doesn't fool me.

Totally agree. No way was Orton a better qb that Taylor. Taylor creates way more explosive plays and he still does an excellent job of protecting the football.

I agree. And I liked Orton.

Yes.

No.

I think Crusher is impossible to argue with, and I think he's way off base on a lot that he says. But I think you misrepresent his position on Taylor. I suspect he's said on multiple occasions that he'd be delighted if Taylor became a true franchise quarterback. But what he's also said is that he doesn't believe it's possible, and if it isn't possible, he wants Taylor to be gone sooner rather than later. He's afraid that if Taylor keeps having his average season - 200 yards per game and low 90s passer rating, management may decide to keep working with him. That, in Crusher's view, would be a bad thing, because the longer the Bills work with him, the more time they're wasting. I think that's different from rooting against Taylor, or at least I can understand and not be upset with the logic.

You haven't paid attention to his appallingly giddy excitement at the prospect of Taylor failing and him being able to rub it in people's faces.

I know what Crusher has said. But Crusher's basically Jekyll and Hyde... and Hyde is in control more than Jekyll.

Not surprising that this is you're take.

I really have nothing against Taylor besides the fact that I just don't believe he's a very good QB. I like his talent, and he seems like a decent guy who's well respected and liked by his teammates. This doesn't mean however that I need to have blinders on and continue to believe that he will become something that I haven't even seen a glimpse of.

You can carry on with whatever statements you like, as well as the insults and lack of self reflection...it's all good with me because I truly couldn't care less about any of it.

I will still post and continue to correct you when you are wrong, and I will also defend myself and my position when I feel the need to.

I'd like to think I could meet any Bills fan and get along with them, and to this day...it's never failed. I'm sticking with that train of thought...even for you and JM2009 who seem to truly be offended by my position.

Okay Dr. Jekyll... :thumbsup:

No.

You haven't paid attention to his appallingly giddy excitement at the prospect of Taylor failing and him being able to rub it in people's faces.

I know what Crusher has said. But Crusher's basically Jekyll and Hyde... and Hyde is in control more than Jekyll.

Okay Dr. Jekyll... :thumbsup:

...anybody who hopes and prays that any kid fails in chasing his NFL dream rates right up there with what I deposit it my Kohler every morning......let's say "flotilla".........

Not surprising that this is you're take.

I really have nothing against Taylor besides the fact that I just don't believe he's a very good QB. I like his talent, and he seems like a decent guy who's well respected and liked by his teammates. This doesn't mean however that I need to have blinders on and continue to believe that he will become something that I haven't even seen a glimpse of.

You can carry on with whatever statements you like, as well as the insults and lack of self reflection...it's all good with me because I truly couldn't care less about any of it.

I will still post and continue to correct you when you are wrong, and I will also defend myself and my position when I feel the need to.

I'd like to think I could meet any Bills fan and get along with them, and to this day...it's never failed. I'm sticking with that train of thought...even for you and JM2009 who seem to truly be offended by my position.

Sir.....come on nobody really believes what you are actually saying.

The super bowl showed me a lot about why we will never make the playoffs with Taylor. The way the rules are setup in the NFL you need to have an elite defense to even attempt to slow down the passing game. Even the 2 or 3 elite defense still struggle against the top 15 passing offenses. We saw the Falcons torch the Patriots in the 1st half and the Patriots torch the Falcons in the second half. With Taylor leading this offense we have no chance against the top 15 passing offenses in the NFL, it's all on the QB now to keep scoring and win the game in crunch time and that is not what TT does.

In the Raiders game last year Taylor got the Bills out to a solid 1st half lead and then Carr started to heat up. TT had his chances to respond offensively but I believe he threw a pick and went 3 and out on two more drives. The point is I saw Carr respond and keep the pressure on with his passing while TT went into a shell and could not respond with any passing offense.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

The super bowl showed me a lot about why we will never make the playoffs with Taylor. The way the rules are setup in the NFL you need to have an elite defense to even attempt to slow down the passing game. Even the 2 or 3 elite defense still struggle against the top 15 passing offenses. We saw the Falcons torch the Patriots in the 1st half and the Patriots torch the Falcons in the second half. With Taylor leading this offense we have no chance against the top 15 passing offenses in the NFL, it's all on the QB now to keep scoring and win the game in crunch time and that is not what TT does.

In the Raiders game last year Taylor got the Bills out to a solid 1st half lead and then Carr started to heat up. TT had his chances to respond offensively but I believe he threw a pick and went 3 and out on two more drives. The point is I saw Carr respond and keep the pressure on with his passing while TT went into a shell and could not respond with any passing offense.

You mean other then the first half

I used to save some quotes from some posters on BBMB in order to refute some of the nonsense that some posted put up. Out of respect to the Mods here and rules, I won't post one from Crusher that would prove that he has had an agenda against Taylor. He simply continues it on here, but a little more carefully on his part thus far. He doesn't fool me.

this implies you still have those quotes.

aaahhahahahahahahaaaaa hahahahhhaaaaaaa

You mean other then the first half

yes, that is what he said.

this implies you still have those quotes.

aaahhahahahahahahaaaaa hahahahhhaaaaaaa

yes, that is what he said.

Of course. Once i save them I can never erase them from where they are. I have a million things saved for handy reference fo a lot of different things.. I knew you would respond to this too. Sad.

Of course. Once i save them I can never erase them from where they are. I have a million things saved for handy reference fo a lot of different things.. I knew you would respond to this too. Sad.

you save quotes in a 'handy place' and i'm sad? alrighty then!

you can never erase them? what... are they tattooed to your hand or something?

Edited by Foxx

sorry man, saving quotes seems kind of like an obsession, especially if said quotes are from your message board foes.

it's your obsession though so, carry on...

Posts like this from you speak volumes.

I've known this about you for quite sometime, but it's always nice to have it out there.

And to follow that up with an accusation of being prejudiced?

It's safe to say you are at the top of your game today.

Posts like what exactly?

Here's what I love... you have been essentially saying that I'm somehow different from every other poster and yourself in that I seemingly am the only one who will generally post stuff that supports an opinion have but don't generally post stuff that goes against my opinion.

I'm sorry, but tell me in what way that's different from anyone else here?

You need to get of your high horse (I think those might be the exact words another poster used in these last few pages... perhaps I'm not the one who needs to do some self examination :flirt:)

CoT going ham !!

We got it jm and transplant, y'all don't like Crusher and do like Tyrod. It's been documented 82,000 times since you've joined.

Jfh what happened to your turning over a new leaf thread ? Seems like the same old jfh jumping on the crusher.

201 ypg ? Orton would've fared better with the top rushing attack imo. Edited by Maury Ballstein

The OP wouldn't even mention this guy if he didn't have it hard for TT...FACT.

And Crusher, this was what I responded to with you being a "sad little man."

Insult for insult.

But you struck first. Don't be so douchy about the way you post. You're incredibly antagonistic.

Just a friendly lesson :thumbsup: