TG on Whaley & McD sounds to be in charge update

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they were the deciders over the options Whaley was trusted to find and present...

Right. Their whole point was to have Whaley and his head coach on the same page during these final years of Whaley's contract because it was obviously a problem with the last two coaches.

How do you think it went down? Do you think they were listening to Whaley's recommendations after each coach interview?

Why not? Whaley was part of the interviewing team.

I feel like people are trying to bend reality to fit this narrative that Whaley's getting fired.

Jesus Christ!!!!! There is zero chance, not a smidgen, but zero chance DW is fired after this draft. There might be a slight chance if we don't make the playoffs, but even that is only slight. The Pegulas like his vision, it's not like they haven't checked in on his vision throughout his tenure for God Sake? "Hey Doug, what's the plan" Doug - "plan is ____________ on course" Pegulas - "I like it, keep up the good work"..

People are so easily fooled by fake news!

Tim-

So what if Whaley is fired after the draft as people who write professionally on the team are reporting? They are just making up stuff?

Those people are wrong all the time. That link has the information directly from owner.

"...he knows if he's hired by this GM, then I like him."

"It's not like we're bringing a new GM in and hiring (McDermott) as a coach first."

Jesus Christ!!!!! There is zero chance, not a smidgen, but zero chance DW is fired after this draft. There might be a slight chance if we don't make the playoffs, but even that is only slight. The Pegulas like his vision, it's not like they haven't checked in on his vision throughout his tenure for God Sake? "Hey Doug, what's the plan" Doug - "plan is ____________ on course" Pegulas - "I like it, keep up the good work"..

Tim-

Thanks for the laugh today. I needed that. But if by chance this is true, this playoff drought will reach 20 years for sure.

Those people are wrong all the time. That link has the information directly from owner.

"It's not like we're bringing a new GM in and hiring (McDermott) as a coach first."

The same owner who in October said it would be bad to fire Rex--or to even rumor it...and then fired him before the end of the season anyway?

Yes, the Pegulas. They extend contracts on key employees and a few months later...

:lol:

They certainly listened to him when they hired Rex.

No, Whaley wanted Hue Jackson. It's well known that Rex was favored by Russ Brandon.

Tim-

It was so "on course" that Pegula fired the HC before the end of the season without giving Whaley the heads up?

Right.....

Yes, the Pegulas. They extend contracts on key employees and a few months later...

:lol:

No, Whaley wanted Hue Jackson. It's well known that Rex was favored by Russ Brandon.

You should acquaint yourself with Whaley's account of the Rex hiring immediately after he was hired.

Jackson didn't even get a second interview.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Thanks for the laugh today. I needed that. But if by chance this is true, this playoff drought will reach 20 years for sure.

Glad you're so easily amused. We'll check back with each other when your hope for a DW firing spirals out of control and burns.. ;)

Tim-

the Buffalo media banged away against Whaley for a long long time, which is different then the national media reporting scouts think they will be fired. Btw there are scouts that have been there since before Whaley arrived , The scouts dismissal may have nothing to do with Wahley's status..

lets wait and see

this all sounds plausible. I wonder why they didn't bring in Coughlin to work with Kim, or one of many qualified czar types.

The Buffalo news has seen to that. Now we wait for their next target. Tick tick tick

This is certainly true and it could very well be the case. If so and Whaley stays, you can bet it was his decision to dismiss them.

This is where I'm at now too. It's not uncommon for there to be changes made to scouting staffs when there are new people are hired.

Who knows, maybe Whaley is fully on board with some changes to the scouting staff.

Let's just wait and see what happens.