Gareon Conley accused of sexual assault; denies allegations

we don't really have any actors or musicians here so ... tbh OSU football players are the biggest celebrities in town. But in general I do see your point. And this was in Cleveland.

other than lebron, no one is the mistake by the lake is bigger still. And lebron travels deep. This would not happen to him.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish it were the case. There is a small cadre of rabid feminist extremists who insist that filing false rape accusations is a public service, as it keeps a spotlight on the problem of rape. I've always taken the position that their wildly irresponsible support of such makes it harder to prosecute real rape accusations.

This is why the misapplication of Title IX has forced schools to judge cases and apply administrative punishment in the case of accusations.

He's a 4th-round pick by the Bills. He's going to stay third on the depth chart for three years, then disappear, like they all do. Learning the playbook isn't going to change that.

Male accused are fighting back. Suing the schools...under Title IX.

Notre Dame is the latest to be sued.

Hollywood and the RockStar world have a different system for protection and opportunity than athletes.

And if you can write the check to get out of any problem then nobody knows it ever happened, right?

Or funny as in 8 MLB players in Toronto went to the same "gentleman's club" each leaving with a date, yet only A-Rod got screaming headlines?

Atheltes don't have money? They can buy great lawyers too.

other than lebron, no one is the mistake by the lake is bigger still. And lebron travels deep. This would not happen to him.

funny enough if it wasn't during playoffs I would not have been surprised if Lebron was at Cardale's grad party. They are tight.

Atheltes don't have money? They can buy great lawyers too.

I can every day see and interact with Toronto athletes in public places if i put my mind to it.

Not so much with music and movie celebs, even if they are in town.

Its funny how athletes always seem to be "targeted" while it's far more rare for actors and musicians to be "targeted". I think that says a lot.

It's much easier to get with an athlete than an actor or singer. I used to live in Hollywood and worked for a special events catering company. I worked the Oscars, parties, movie premiers etc...

You can't get close to an A-Lister with all the security around them. I've been in bars several times next to athletes and had drinks with them. Although no one at the level like a Michael Jordan or Tom Brady...

we don't really have any actors or musicians here so ... tbh OSU football players are the biggest celebrities in town. But in general I do see your point. And this was in Cleveland.

I believe it's a combination of multiple factors. For arguement sake let's say that half of the athletes accused are guilty and the other half are innocent.

I think the innocent athlete find themselves in bad situations due to poor choices. Rock stars and musicians often pick up women who are fans. These women love them as people without even knowing them. This lowers the odds of those guys picking up women who will falsely accuse them. From what I've witnessed many athletes will pick up anyone. Many times these women know nothing more about the athlete than who they are. They don't care about them as people or know anything about them. Compare this to a guy like Channing Tatum who most American women think they are in love with. There are lots of mental factors in play here.

As far as guilty athletes I think there are cultural aspects in place which are a major problem with pro sports. Many athletes grew up in poverty. Statistics show a direct correlation with poverty and sexual/domestic violence. Sadly many people become destined to repeat the cycle they grew up in. Compare this to actors and musicians who come mostly from middle class environments.

My basic point is the fact that there are problems with the athlete culture, and these guys need to do better. Trouble can occasionally find anyone, but these young men need to a better job staying out of it. Rape accusations are becoming an epidemic with football players. Why don't we hear as many regarding other sports and public figures?

It's much easier to get with an athlete than an actor or singer. I used to live in Hollywood and worked for a special events catering company. I worked the Oscars, parties, movie premiers etc...

You can't get close to an A-Lister with all the security around them. I've been in bars several times next to athletes and had drinks with them. Although no one at the level like a Michael Jordan or Tom Brady...

True, but that's kind of my point. These guys should stop going around sleeping with everyone under the sun.

And the kid hoping to get drafted probably doesn't have hush money.

He'll have it soon enough.

I believe it's a combination of multiple factors. For arguement sake let's say that half of the athletes accused are guilty and the other half are innocent.

I think the innocent athlete find themselves in bad situations due to poor choices. Rock stars and musicians often pick up women who are fans. These women love them as people without even knowing them. This lowers the odds of those guys picking up women who will falsely accuse them. From what I've witnessed many athletes will pick up anyone. Many times these women know nothing more about the athlete than who they are. They don't care about them as people or know anything about them. Compare this to a guy like Channing Tatum who most American women think they are in love with. There are lots of mental factors in play here.

As far as guilty athletes I think there are cultural aspects in place which are a major problem with pro sports. Many athletes grew up in poverty. Statistics show a direct correlation with poverty and sexual/domestic violence. Sadly many people become destined to repeat the cycle they grew up in. Compare this to actors and musicians who come mostly from middle class environments.

My basic point is the fact that there are problems with the athlete culture, and these guys need to do better. Trouble can occasionally find anyone, but these young men need to a better job staying out of it. Rape accusations are becoming an epidemic with football players. Why don't we hear as many regarding other sports and public figures?

i grew up too late for the 60s generation...

everyone older than me

did whatever

with whomever

wherever

when they felt like it

with zero consequences or disease or string attached

now it's all weirdly Puritan where a few people are anointed to do whatever they like, with no consequences at all, and the rest are put in a chastity belt

everyone older than me

did whatever

with whomever

wherever

when they felt like it

now it's all weirdly Puritan where a few people are anointed to do whatever they like, with no consequences at all, and the rest are put in a chastity belt

Good points, but there's a big difference between being a stoned hippy and an athlete with millions coming their way. They faced consequences too. At least the ones who took it too far. Aids didn't exist, but there have always been fun diseases. Babies have always existed too. Half the league has 5 babies with 5 different women. It's difficult for me to think these guys are good decision makers. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Good points, but there's a big difference between being a stoned hippy and an athlete with millions coming their way. They faced consequences too. At least the ones who took it too far. Aids didn't exist, but there have always been fun diseases. Babies have always existed too. Half the league has 5 babies with 5 different women. It's difficult for me to think these guys are good decision makers.

Grateful my sports talent wasn't quite to the level where groupies ran out of their way to spend quality time with me.

I can every day see and interact with Toronto athletes in public places if i put my mind to it.

Not so much with music and movie celebs, even if they are in town.

you're not in Hollywood. Or even new York. Girls I went to school with moved there. They post **** every day with celebs

you're not in Hollywood. Or even new York. Girls I went to school with moved there. They post **** every day with celebs

For sure. But Hollywood and NYC are different planets than the cities where almost all major college and pro sports cities are located.

everyone older than me

did whatever

with whomever

wherever

when they felt like it

They all have Hep C..

They all have Hep C..

They are all 70 now and most of their children went neo-Puritan in dating and their marriages. (I won't judge... but good for the kids...)

Actually about 95% of them had absolutely no regrets or hassles about living like that for a long time....

For sure. But Hollywood and NYC are different planets than the cities where almost all major college and pro sports cities are located.

and that is telling. Ever have a friend go to a Hollywood party? They make invitations for group sex upstairs seem like a non event.

and that is telling. Ever have a friend go to a Hollywood party? They make invitations for group sex upstairs seem like a non event.

It's a different kinda party in Fayetteville or Fargo...