Who are your day 2 targets?

If the Bills took Foster, what happens to Ragland who Whaley traded up to select last year.? Aren't they both MLB?

I don't think Ragland is a mike in the McD Carolina scheme or Frazier's Tampa 2. He can play 2 downs as a WLB if we run the McD Carolina scheme.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Ragland is a mike in the McD Carolina scheme or Frazier's Tampa 2. He can play 2 downs as a WLB if we run the McD Carolina scheme.

On the contrary, I'd say Ragland's size and experience would put him at MLB and if we got Foster he would be better suited at the Will. Per NFL.com:

Sources Tell Us (Foster)

"He's not a MIKE linebacker. I think he's a pure run-and-hit WILL linebacker with good cover talent. I'm worried about what his medicals will show because he's had some issues with stingers during his career. I have a higher grade on him than I had on Reggie Ragland. Better pro potential to me." -- NFC director of scouting

On the contrary, I'd say Ragland's size and experience would put him at MLB and if we got Foster he would be better suited at the Will. Per NFL.com:

Sources Tell Us (Foster)

"He's not a MIKE linebacker. I think he's a pure run-and-hit WILL linebacker with good cover talent. I'm worried about what his medicals will show because he's had some issues with stingers during his career. I have a higher grade on him than I had on Reggie Ragland. Better pro potential to me." -- NFC director of scouting

that is really saying something seeing as how good Ragland was looking in camp last year.

Sources Tell Us (Foster)

Ragland doesn't have the range to play mike in McDermott's scheme. If Ragland is the starting mike Buffalo's D will be worse than last year.

Edited by jeffismagic

I know. Before reading Old School's amazing post, I thought kicker was the only thing that mattered. I mean, the game is called FOOTball, right? And we all know that Brady and Belichick would still be waiting on their first Lombardi trophy without Vinatieri and Gostkowski.

Yeah I dunno guys, I've been giving OldSchool's post a lot of thought and I think he's on to something. Let's just hope other teams don't catch on to this or someone may draft a QB before us.

Yeah I dunno guys, I've been giving OldSchool's post a lot of thought and I think he's on to something. Let's just hope other teams don't catch on to this or someone may draft a QB before us.

True enough. I spent 4 hours meditating to prepare to begin to start processing Oldschool's post. To no avail. I realized that I cannot cope with this mental task. Unfortunately, now I am profoundly aware and disturbed by my own inadequacies. I know I cannot approach his discourse constructively; however, I did learn a lot about myself. Thank you Oldschool . . . thank you. Edited by leonbus23