Minus the obvious...what would you like to see this year?

Ramza86

Any one who isn't a fool recognizes that Brady is the primary reason why the Pats have been overall the best team for a generation. But certainly not the only reason. What's the point of arguing "what if" they didn't have him? They do have him and not only have had him for a generation but also will have him for at least the next few years. And by the way their backup qb is better than our starter, and their third string qb probably has more upside than our starter.

Acknowledging the reality of the situation the next obvious question is how does one go about beating the most successful franchise in the game or for the better teams in the league? It certainly isn't done with one of the lowest rated passing offenses in the game. For the past generation the Pats have beaten us nearly 90% of the time. Not having upper tier qbing is not the only reason why this team has done poorly but it is a major reason.

Too many people are making the argument that if you address one side of the ball you are not addressing the other side of the ball. I disagree with that premise. The Bills currently have a respectable bridge qb on the roster so this is a good time to get a good prospect on the roster to develop. If you want to beat good teams, which the Bills have a dismal record against, you have to have a higher level of play from the qb position then we have had. That's the reality of the NFL of today.

This makes me sad. It made me realize how far away the Bills really are.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your putting to much emphasis on the number 35 Dave

BB can beat you in many ways including running the football and minus Tom Brady.

We already know that though right?

Except 2 times in recent history where the Bills played the Patriots without Tom Brady - or when the Patriots pulled Tom Brady, the Bills won the game.

And these are Bills teams that got very little respect and crapped on by the same people who praise the Patriots as being infallible.

The Patriots running game isn't good enough to win them a majority of games without Tom Brady. I would argue the only reason their running game is any good at all is because of Tom Brady's passing threat. Take him away - and they are very beatable. They are still a good team. Not a Superbowl winner without him though. And not a dominant team without him.

The Patriot's team is comprised of humans and their **** stinks too.

Any one who isn't a fool recognizes that Brady is the primary reason why the Pats have been overall the best team for a generation. But certainly not the only reason. What's the point of arguing "what if" they didn't have him? They do have him and not only have had him for a generation but also will have him for at least the next few years. And by the way their backup qb is better than our starter, and their third string qb probably has more upside than our starter.

Acknowledging the reality of the situation the next obvious question is how does one go about beating the most successful franchise in the game or for the better teams in the league? It certainly isn't done with one of the lowest rated passing offenses in the game. For the past generation the Pats have beaten us nearly 90% of the time. Not having upper tier qbing is not the only reason why this team has done poorly but it is a major reason.

Too many people are making the argument that if you address one side of the ball you are not addressing the other side of the ball. I disagree with that premise. The Bills currently have a respectable bridge qb on the roster so this is a good time to get a good prospect on the roster to develop. If you want to beat good teams, which the Bills have a dismal record against, you have to have a higher level of play from the qb position then we have had. That's the reality of the NFL of today.

If your highest aspiration is to be a fringe wild-card contending team then TT is more than adequate. If you have a higher aspiration to be a seriously contending team then you need to substantially improve the quality of play from that position.

So you are calling Taylor a respectable bridge QB. Right after you suggest that both of the Patriot backup quarterbacks 2nd and 3rd string are either better or more likely to be better than Taylor.

You are a closet Tyrod hater dude.

Just own it. That way if the Bills have to ditch him after a bad season this year - you can say SEE I was right all along. Gonna be a fun season for you.

This makes me sad. It made me realize how far away the Bills really are.

Steve Young on more than a few occasions talked about the Patriots and said that what sets them apart from the rest of the league isn't that their talent level is much greater as it is their level of their sophisticated thinking and preparation. You are not going to be a slouch and sleep in meetings and remain on the team.

The clip you attached was revealing and representative of how detailed Brady and the coach are in their preparation. This was an end of the day meeting where Brady goes into minute detail how to counter a defensive player. If you noticed BB wrote down the suggestion offered by the qb. This clip demonstrated how reckless and foolish the Rex hiring was.

Except 2 times in recent history where the Bills played the Patriots without Tom Brady - or when the Patriots pulled Tom Brady, the Bills won the game.

And these are Bills teams that got very little respect and crapped on by the same people who praise the Patriots as being infallible.

The Patriots running game isn't good enough to win them a majority of games without Tom Brady. I would argue the only reason their running game is any good at all is because of Tom Brady's passing threat. Take him away - and they are very beatable. They are still a good team. Not a Superbowl winner without him though. And not a dominant team without him.

So you are calling Taylor a respectable bridge QB. Right after you suggest that both of the Patriot backup quarterbacks 2nd and 3rd string are either better or more likely to be better than Taylor.

Just own it. That way if the Bills have to ditch him after a bad season this year - you can say SEE I was right all along. Gonna be a fun season for you.

There is not one team in this league who would take TT over Grapolo. Not one! If you think otherwise then so state it. There wasn't a team in this league that indicated that they were willing to match his original contract with the Bills to entice him to their team. There are multiple teams that are interested in trading for Grapolo. What's obvious is obvious.

I don't hate Tyrod. We are fortunate to have him. But I consider him nothing but a bridge qb. And the contract he currently has indicates the same.

The Pats are far from being an infallible team but they are certainly the most successful team in the league over the past generation with five SB rings. The Bills have not made the playoffs in 18 consecutive years. It's easy to come to a conclusion that they run a more successful operation. You can make excuses as to why that is but the record is the reality. You can "what if" yourself to exhaustion but that is not going to alter the record.

There is not one team in this league who would take TT over Grapolo. Not one! If you think otherwise then so state it. There wasn't a team in this league that indicated that they were willing to match his original contract with the Bills to entice him to their team. There are multiple teams that are interested in trading for Grapolo. What's obvious is obvious.

I don't hate Tyrod. We are fortunate to have him. But I consider him nothing but a bridge qb. And the contract he currently has indicates the same.

The Pats are far from being an infallible team but they are certainly the most successful team in the league over the past generation with five SB rings. The Bills have not made the playoffs in 18 consecutive years. It's easy to come to a conclusion that they run a more successful operation. You can make excuses as to why that is but the record is the reality. You can "what if" yourself to exhaustion but that is not going to alter the record.

There isnt avtesm in the league that was stupid enough to forfeit drsft picks and money by offering a contract to s player that isnt allowed to be offered a contract????

I don't hate Tyrod.

Your words - "Patriots' 3rd string Jacoby Brisset probably has higher upside than Tyrod Taylor."

I see you didn't take those words back. You hold that embarrassment of a qb "Jacoby Brisset" in higher esteem than the guy (Tyrod) who led the Bills to that stomping victory over them. Tyrod deserves no credit for that. Even without Sammy playing. Nope. Jacoby is obviously better. Your opinion is biased John. Looks pretty jaded to me.

Based on the evidence it looks like Tyrod's floor is actually above Jacoby's ceiling. lol...

You are either a closet Patriot fanboy or a closet Tyrod hater. Just own it.

Edited by PolishDave

There isnt avtesm in the league that was stupid enough to forfeit drsft picks and money by offering a contract to s player that isnt allowed to be offered a contract????

I answered this question in another post. TT took a major cut in his contract and a change of terms that essentially made it a one year contract. If TT knew that there was interest in him from other teams with better terms do you think he would have agreed to the restructuring of his contract? If you don't believe that his agent was scouting the market even while under contract then you are naive.

Your words - "Patriots' 3rd string Jacoby Brisset probably has higher upside than Tyrod Taylor."

I see you didn't take those words back. You hold that embarrassment of a qb "Jacoby Brisset" in higher esteem than the guy (Tyrod) who led the Bills to that stomping victory over them. Tyrod deserves no credit for that. Even without Sammy playing. Nope. Jacoby is obviously better. Your opinion is biased John. Looks pretty jaded to me.

Based on the evidence it looks like Tyrod's floor is actually above Jacoby's ceiling. lol...

You are either a closet Patriot fanboy or a closet Tyrod hater. Just own it.

Brisset was playing with a broken finger when he played against us. Would I take Brisset over TT as a long term qb? Absolutely! I believe he has more upside. I have seen enough of TT to make a judgment. If you come to another judgment that's fine.

With respect to the highlighted area I do admire the Patriot operation. Over the past generation they have been the most successful franchise. Over the same period of time Buffalo has been one of the least successful franchises. I don't admire how they have operated. If you do that is fine.

I answered this question in another post. TT took a major cut in his contract and a change of terms that essentially made it a one year contract. If TT knew that there was interest in him from other teams with better terms do you think he would have agreed to the restructuring of his contract? If you don't believe that his agent was scouting the market even while under contract then you are naive.

Brisset was playing with a broken finger when he played against us. Would I take Brisset over TT as a long term qb? Absolutely! I believe he has more upside. I have seen enough of TT to make a judgment. If you come to another judgment that's fine.

With respect to the highlighted area I do admire the Patriot operation. Over the past generation they have been the most successful franchise. Over the same period of time Buffalo has been one of the least successful franchises. I don't admire how they have operated. If you do that is fine.

Thanks for owning it John. You're okay in my book :thumbsup:

But remember, you are still gonna get crap for wearing your Brady/Brissett/Garoppolo jerseys to the Bills home games. Be prepared. :D

Edited by PolishDave

I replied to that post too. Teams were bound by league rules and subject to draft picks being witheld, fines, and agents license being revoked for tampering with Taylor. So how do you suppose he knew what "these terms with other teams" you are suggesting he knew? Thats 100% speculation and 100% opinion with literally zero ounce of fact to base that claim on.

I replied to that post too. Teams were bound by league rules and subject to draft picks being witheld, fines, and agents license being revoked for tampering with Taylor. So how do you suppose he knew what "these terms with other teams" you are suggesting he knew? Thats 100% speculation and 100% opinion with literally zero ounce of fact to base that claim on.

Tyrod took a paycut. You're right, let's stick with the facts. Players don't take massive paycuts unless they agree that their value is lower.

Thanks for owning it John. You're okay in my book :thumbsup:

But remember, you are still gonna get crap for wearing your Brady/Brissett/Garoppolo jerseys to the Bills home games. Be prepared. :D

I not only now openly say that I admire the way the Pats run their football operation I have said it in the past. I have also expressed on many occasions my disdain for how the Bills have run their football operation. Hopefully that will change for the better. But as I said on other occasions any franchise that hires Rex Ryan to be their HC forfeits it right to be taken seriously. I'm also hoping that getting rid of that obnoxious fool augurs more positive things to come.

Edited by JohnC

Nobody in the league would take Brisset over Tyrod. NOBODY

I agree. But that's right now. Over time that might not be the case. If Brisset can demonstrate that he can run a full range offense that sentiment will change. Go back and read my response. I said that I believe Brisset has more potential upside.

And I firmly stand by my claim that no team would take TT over Grapo.

Edited by JohnC

For a team that ranked 7th in the NFL last season I Think you underestimate BB ability to run the football.

Pass helps the run and a good running game can also help open up the passing attack.

Pats scored 19 TD's on the ground last season...

No they wouldn't. They would trade Brissett for Tyrod yesterday.

That's not how the Patriots operate. They spent a 3rd round pick because they see Brissett as someone that could operate their complex passing offense and be a good backup now with the potential for more.

For a team that ranked 7th in the NFL last season I Think you underestimate BB ability to run the football.

Pass helps the run and a good running game can also help open up the passing attack.

Pats scored 19 TD's on the ground last season...

Stats are meaningless unless seen in context. The Pats ranked third in points for and ranked first in points against. Their record for the season was 14-2 and they won the SB. Some of the local fans are chortling as if their team accomplished something with an offense that excelled in rushing and had a passing game that ranked near the bottom. What do the stats reveal when all is said and done if the team's record is 7-9 and again the team hasn't made the playoffs for the 17th consecutive year? And by the way the system is designed for parity!

No they wouldn't. They would trade Brissett for Tyrod yesterday.

Even with TT's diminished contract the Pats wouldn't be foolish enough from a cost/benefit standpoint have him on their roster as a third string qb. As a Patriot he wouldn't be able to win the backup job against Garop.

It may seem that I am bashing TT but I'm really not. We are fortunate to have him as our bridge qb. My seemingly negative view about him relates to him as our long-term franchise qb. I simply don't see him fulfilling that role. My contention is until that position is upgraded the Bills will never be a serious team.

Stats are meaningless unless seen in context. The Pats ranked third in points for and ranked first in points against. Their record for the season was 14-2 and they won the SB. Some of the local fans are chortling as if their team accomplished something with an offense that excelled in rushing and had a passing game that ranked near the bottom. What do the stats reveal when all is said and done if the team's record is 7-9 and again the team hasn't made the playoffs for the 17th consecutive year? And by the way the system is designed for parity!

Even with TT's diminished contract the Pats wouldn't be foolish enough from a cost/benefit standpoint have him on their roster as a third string qb. As a Patriot he wouldn't be able to win the backup job against Garop.

It may seem that I am bashing TT but I'm really not. We are fortunate to have him as our bridge qb. My seemingly negative view about him relates to him as our long-term franchise qb. I simply don't see him fulfilling that role. My contention is until that position is upgraded the Bills will never be a serious team.

I am not sure (at all) that Jimmy G is better. I am certain that Brissett isn't. Obviously the situation impacts it but if you said (all things being equal) the Pats could have either Brissett or Tyrod on their roster the answer is Tyrod (and it isn't even close). Everyone loves a QB until he has to play.

I'm not trying to repeat things but on a per attempt basis he is right in the middle of the league and top 10 in terms of TDs and fewest INTs. We will see the attempts go up and the gross numbers go up. If you want to see what it all equals it is in the Mike Williams thread.