Thoughts on Ben Boulware?

I don't really follow much NCAA but listening to his interviews and seeing his stats and accomplishments, he seems like a fine addition. Also seems to be a team leader that we've been look for with Kyle being close to done. Is there something I missing? Not great size at 6'1" 230-ish lbs but should be alright enough size for a 4-3 backer. Seems to play more on instinct and knowledge than pure physical ability. I'd like to see him drafted somewhere in the middle rounds

I don't really follow much NCAA but listening to his interviews and seeing his stats and accomplishments, he seems like a fine addition. Also seems to be a team leader that we've been look for with Kyle being close to done. Is there something I missing? Not great size at 6'1" 230-ish lbs but should be alright enough size for a 4-3 backer. Seems to play more on instinct and knowledge than pure physical ability. I'd like to see him drafted somewhere in the middle rounds

This is how a great pass rush can make a 5th round LB look like an all pro. I appreciate you giving us a glimpse of what McDermott plans to do.

This kid definitely fits the description "gamer". Now, granted that was a highlighted reel, but from what I see he is giving 100% every play. Someone mentioned slow. I didn't really see it, but what I did see was the instinct to know where the ball is and go after. I would love this kid on our team. Seems to have a fire. I like that.

Solid but limited linebacker, who will probably have a solid journeyman career. Good leadership skills, so will find a roster spot. I think his ceiling is late 5th round, most likely the 6th. I'd prefer we get linebacker help earlier, but if he is there with our 2nd 5th rounder or the 6th I think you could do worse.