Our Dishonest Former President

The title of this thread is humorous. I knew it was pry about Obama, but it really could be about any of the 44 previous presidents (even the nickname "Honest Abe" is laughable if you know your history). The trick as president is using lies or half truth's as a sales pitch to the American people to get your agenda through to please your donors (and supporters during your first term).

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title of this thread is humorous. I knew it was pry about Obama, but it really could be about any of the 44 previous presidents (even the nickname "Honest Abe" is laughable if you know your history). The trick as president is using lies or half truth's as a sales pitch to the American people to get your agenda through to please your donors (and supporters during your first term).

Funny thing is, while the most honest president of my lifetime is probably Carter, I think the second-most would likely be Bush the Younger. I always got the impression that he was kinda stupid and oblivious, and often wrong, but never willfully dishonest.

The butthurt libs can't stand it when the GOP wins, they should get used to it, been 7-5 for my years of interest for the Republicans.

It's hilarious, best comedy around to watch them whine and cry every single day.

When the Democrats get in most people accept it and go back to their job and family and studies and doing useful things instead of 24/7 whining.

Edited by row_33

WHat about "no boots on the ground"? Was that a lie, or did the 5000+ troops in Iraq wear loafers?

Who are you talking about? Bush? He never said that. In fact, he was emphatically against cruise missile diplomacy. He pushed to put troops into Afghanistan instead of firing "a million-dollar cruise missile at an empty tent."

He did campaign on "no nation building." But abandoning that promise after the paradigm shift of 9/11 is forgivable in anybody.

Who are you talking about? Bush? He never said that. In fact, he was emphatically against cruise missile diplomacy. He pushed to put troops into Afghanistan instead of firing "a million-dollar cruise missile at an empty tent."

He did campaign on "no nation building." But abandoning that promise after the paradigm shift of 9/11 is forgivable in anybody.

Bush? We're talking about our last dishonest president not our second to last dishonest one. You're about 4 months behind. Not sure if you've heard, but the Patsies** won the Super Bowl.

Obama told us over and over and over "no boots on the ground" in Syria and Iraq even as he was deploying troops. He said it almost as much as "the average family's will save $2500 per year on health care."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/10/30/5-times-president-obama-said-there-would-be-no-ground-troops-or-no-combat-mission-in-syria/?utm_term=.32e38722d735

Edited by reddogblitz

Bush? We're talking about our last dishonest president not our second to last dishonest one. You're about 4 months behind. Not sure if you've heard, but the Patsies** won the Super Bowl.

Obama told us over and over and over "no boots on the ground" in Syria and Iraq even as he was deploying troops. He said it almost as much as "the average family's will save $2500 per year on health care."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/10/30/5-times-president-obama-said-there-would-be-no-ground-troops-or-no-combat-mission-in-syria/?utm_term=.32e38722d735

Yes, I know Obama said that. He lied about lots of things: bipartisanship, health care, executive authority. He even lied about lying.

Yes, I know Obama said that. He lied about lots of things: bipartisanship, health care, executive authority. He even lied about lying.

That's nothing on burglary and dirty tricks and paying out hush$$$ and then taping yourself covering it up, then erasing that tape, EVEN THOUGH YOU HANDED OVER EVERYTHING ELSE!!!! WHY!!??????????????

Good to hear that our most recent ex-POTUS is bloviating (Thanks, Bill) for real $'s. Four hundred K ain't 'zackly walk around money; I assume he'll donate it to a worthy cause like BLM, or the NRA.

I'm calling BS. Political Party has nothing to do with it. They all do it.

George W. Bush - Since leaving office, the former president has made more than $15 million in speaking fees, apparently charging between $100,000 and $150,000 per speech, according to reports and that was back in 2011.

Clinton before him and Bush Sr before him and Carter before him.

Look at what The Donald charges.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/washingtons-highest-lowest-speaking-fees/story?id=24551590#1

As the decades roll past the fees go up exponentially.

The topic of the OP is "being honest" is it not?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

It's godly righteousness no matter what the Dems do.

It's wicked and evil and hateful no matter what the GOP does.

Get with the program people....

this kind of thinking is what divides the US. My side is right and the others are idiots.

Both sides do some good and both sides do bad. All we can do is hope our side does the right thing no matter id they are Republicans, Democrats or Independents.

I'm calling BS. Political Party has nothing to do with it. They all do it.

George W. Bush - Since leaving office, the former president has made more than $15 million in speaking fees, apparently charging between $100,000 and $150,000 per speech, according to reports and that was back in 2011.

Clinton before him and Bush Sr before him and Carter before him.

Look at what The Donald charges.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/washingtons-highest-lowest-speaking-fees/story?id=24551590#1

As the decades roll past the fees go up exponentially.

The topic of the OP is "being honest" is it not?

I think his post was meant more because O spent a lot of his term(s) bagging against the "fat cats" on Wall St and is now accepting their money to make a speech