MLB Season

EersN'Bills

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at the Yankees/Pirates game yesterday. I'm very surprised with how well the Yankees have started out playing this season. It didn't have the look of a typical New York lineup but they look really young and have some good prospects in the minors.

Was at the Yankees/Pirates game yesterday. I'm very surprised with how well the Yankees have started out playing this season. It didn't have the look of a typical New York lineup but they look really young and have some good prospects in the minors.

Cashman is a great GM. Going the "let's get the old roided up guys" method didn't work, so he rebuilt the farm again - and he did it very well. I'm not sure how long this success can be sustained this season, but hell, they almost made the tournament last year. Yankees are going to be an absolute powerhouse in a year or two and it will include a lot of homegrown talent. Just like those Torre teams. They should be fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful comeback for the Mets tonight against the Marlins. Down 7-1, win it 8-7. Great job by the bullpen too. Let's Go Mets!!!!

The best part .... the 5 run rally contained ZERO home runs. Love me some small ball, baby! Manufacturing runs is beautiful baseball.

• 2 weeks later...

well into May and the division leading Twins host the division leading Rockies tonight, possibly World Series matchup...

Can't say I picked either one for this role.

Question for all of you baseball fans, what's the best MLB park you've been to?

Mine is Camden Yards, followed closely by PNC Park.

Been to 33 now, many times a second or third stadium in a given city

PNC is the best stadium easily.

Comerica is very good as well.

The worst...

Metropolitan in 1977 as they didn't even bothering to paint it knowing it was closing,

the KingDome,

Municipal in Cleveland (KC also had a Municipal back in the day)

hometown Exhibition and Rogers Centre (the dome is nice if the weather is rotten though),

Edited by row_33

As far as structure, Chase Field.

As far as atmosphere, Dodger Stadium. Palm trees and the mountain in the scenery behind the back drop. I like the only having the bleachers in the outfield instead of double out there.

I saw a Dodger fan pouring his beer on a Giants fan in front of him. There wasn't any trash talking prior to that, I don't even think they even made eye contact. The Dodger fan just really wanted to pour his beer.

Jays had a great 5 game win streak and have been atrocious against the Braves.

About 10 men have been hit in the series with 2 infantile clearings last night in a 3rd straight blowout game

this has set the morale back more than I could imagine for Toronto...

Camden Yards is a fantastic park and might be my favorite other than Fenway...not the NICEST, but the best because of the location, tour, history and its home to my Sox

I really want to see AT&T Park, Dodger Stadium (never been there even though I'm a Dodgers fan), Wrigley and Fenway.

On a side note, the Mets are hurting right now. Sucks that they're dealing with all these injuries so early in the season.

and just when the Blue Jays series and season couldn't get more nightmarish....

Yeah and it'll be tough with the Yankees, Orioles and Sox in front of them. Boston just swept the Cardinals in a two game series and the Yanks have dominated the Royals. Tonight's game might get chippy.

Edited by EersN'Bills

(see my edited link to the latest ****storm...)

Yeah I saw the MLB was looking into comments he made but this is really bad. He'll be suspended for sure. I doubt he's in the lineup tonight but Bautista is probably gonna get some pitches up and in.