Mets fans?

Another Fan

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Keith/Gary/Ron have been subtly blasting Callaway for days.  No one respects the guy; especially the players.  Frazier making a baserunning error?  Really???  Conforto doesn't even swing the !@#$ing bat any more.  The team is just a hot mess and they're playing like they are miserable.

Keith's been giving Frazier jabs/kidney shots as well.Today in the 6th when Frazier hit a deep bloop/airball ,he commented..."That's out in Yankee Stadium". P.S.-Happy Hump Day.

Edited by Misterbluesky

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Keith's been giving Frazier jabs/kidney shots as well.Today in the 6th when Frazier hit a deep bloop/airball ,he commented..."That's out in Yankee Stadium". P.S.-Happy Hump Day.

I didn't watch any of the game, as I wasn't home.  I see they won, but had three errors.  The sole bright side - which is a great one - is the starting pitching.  At this point in time, I really hope we keep Matz, Thor, deGrom and Wheeler; along with Lugo and Gsellman.  As far as position players, other than Rosario, Nimmo and Flores, the rest of the team can go suck it, for all I care.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I didn't watch any of the game, as I wasn't home.  I see they won, but had three errors.  The sole bright side - which is a great one - is the starting pitching.  At this point in time, I really hope we keep Matz, Thor, deGrom and Wheeler; along with Lugo and Gsellman.  As far as position players, other than Rosario, Nimmo and Flores, the rest of the team can go suck it, for all I care.

The two errors to Cab and Matz were nothing to write home about...Cab got in front of a scorcher-one hop..it went high and the ball hit his upper chest.The Matz E was actually a perfect bunt.Gug...I need to be honest with you..I really think both Wheeler and Wilmer are as good as gone,Gsellman and Lugo should be darn near untouchable at the stage of the direction we are heading into. Also...I would get sick to my stomach if I hear Nimm's being named as a piece in a trade...he is pure "future"..something that we truly need.The deGrom talk is just that....talk. Peace.

I keep forgetting cespedes is on the team. You’d think one of the highest paid athletes in baseball would have spoken to the media by now. It’s really sad how this has all turned out. 

I’m going the game on Friday. It’ll probably be my last of the year. In 2015 & 2016 I went to 20+ games those years. How the times have changed. 

Edited by Captain Murica

In this age of sophisticated statistics I think you’d be hard pressed to find a team with this good starting pitching that always loses.  Without fail either the bullpen blows it or the offense is anemic.

This team killed my theory good starting pitching is the most important thing 

18 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

In this age of sophisticated statistics I think you’d be hard pressed to find a team with this good starting pitching that always loses.  Without fail either the bullpen blows it or the offense is anemic.

This team killed my theory good starting pitching is the most important thing 

Most World Series championship teams have one thing in common:  a great manager.

This is why I will predict that, as stacked as the Yankees are, they will not win the World Series this year.

Even with all the injuries the Mets have sustained this season, with the performance of the starting rotation, a good manager would have this team well above .500.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

c'mon Mets, don't give these pinhead fans in Toronto a hope they are still in the WC race...

They shouldn't feel any sort of hope. The Mets lead the entire MLB in losses by the bullpen with 22. When facing the Mets you just have to wait out our starters and the bullpen will do it's magic. 

If we had any sort of a competent manager or bullpen we'd be over .500 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Most World Series championship teams have one thing in common:  a great manager.

This is why I will predict that, as stacked as the Yankees are, they will not win the World Series this year.

Even with all the injuries the Mets have sustained this season, with the performance of the starting rotation, a good manager would have this team well above .500.

I agree with this 1000% 

On 7/4/2018 at 10:22 AM, Gugny said:

I have to believe a manager makes a diff and I have seen some greats since the early 70s, but some total losers and morons have been leading teams to WS titles as well.

19 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I was pretty happy when I saw this. I literally breathed a sigh of relief. 

Of course, this also means that there's a 100% chance that Wheeler is gone.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Of course, this also means that there's a 100% chance that Wheeler is gone.

Yup, and Matz could be following him. I have a soft spot for Matz as he is a native Long Islander but he could bring back a decent haul as a lefty with 95+,  still young, and under control for the next 3 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

No tears for Wilmer this time...like I said he's as good as gone just like Wheeler is. I'm watching DN Live right now,they discussed the possibility of getting Machado.

I think they would be insane to let Wilmer go.  Wheeler, I understand - although I like him.

Cabrera, Bruce, Familia should all be gone.  And dump that bum, Frazier.  Jesus Christ, does he suck.

Conforto and Rosario need to be sent down.  Maybe a little humble pie will remind them how to play baseball.

Funny how Dom Smith is hitting well after being put back at 1B.

Callaway is a moron.

Someone needs to come in, clean house and rattle some !@#$ing cages.

41 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think they would be insane to let Wilmer go.  Wheeler, I understand - although I like him.

Cabrera, Bruce, Familia should all be gone.  And dump that bum, Frazier.  Jesus Christ, does he suck.

Conforto and Rosario need to be sent down.  Maybe a little humble pie will remind them how to play baseball.

Funny how Dom Smith is hitting well after being put back at 1B.

Callaway is a moron.

Someone needs to come in, clean house and rattle some !@#$ing cages.

Carlos Gonzales is being shopped...I could see Bruce heading out there,but his back is a huge question mark.