Mets fans?

Another Fan

17 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Hansel Robles got off to a fine start with the Angels on Sunday giving up an extra-inning HR in his first outing. 

https://nypost.com/2018/06/25/going-out-west-did-nothing-to-help-ex-met-hansel-robles/

LOL, he did the point after contact. You can’t make this **** up. I’m glad our pain is being spread through the MLB.

16 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I still to this day wish Piazza charged the mound against Clemens after throwing the broken bat back in his direction, I can remember my step dad screaming "Go get that $%&* sucker!" Not saying piazza would have handed his ass to him or anything but it would've been nice to see the little brother punching back at the big brother, clash of the titans.  

Yeah I hear ya.  I think even Mike said that was one of the biggest regrets of his career not fighting.  

Its deinifely easier to say in hindsight but I think Piazza was afraid of getting suspended for fighting the rest of the series.  And really who else was there in the lineup that year?  

Still I take from that you gotta do what you gotta do

3 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

LOL, he did the point after contact. You can’t make this **** up. I’m glad our pain is being spread through the MLB.

Best part was he struck out his first batter and grounded out the second and you know those Angels fans were thinking they got a steal. Been there done that.

5 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Cap,I'm sure you remember when Callaway was tooting his horn in ST...saying he had all of the raw tools and was looking forward to working with him.Within a week he sent him to Vegas. Dear god...half of the other teams lineups are triple A guys in ST games. I hate to turn your post into another Callaway bash but the facts should be made public. Chalk it up..Robles was another Mick project in the works that failed.sorry for the vent.

Edited by Misterbluesky

11 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Cap,I'm sure you remember when Callaway was tooting his horn in ST...saying he had all of the raw tools and was looking forward to working with him.Within a week he sent him to Vegas. Dear god...half of the other teams lineups are triple A guys in ST games. I hate to turn your post into another Callaway bash but the facts should be made public. Chalk it up..Robles was another Mick project in the world that failed.sorry for the vent.

Oh I remember all the talk Mickey was spewing from his mouth in ST. I took it hook, line,and sinker. 

“This is the best group of arms and stuff I’ve ever seen, from top to bottom,” Callaway said Tuesday at First Data Field. “I’ve never seen anything like the amount of very good arms with quality stuff that we have here in this Mets organization. I promise you, nobody has that. And I’ve been around some pretty good arms…. It’s really amazing.” - Mickey !@#$ing Callaway

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/02/mickey-callaway-new-york-mets-starting-pitching-health-injuries-innings-bullpen-mlb

Edited by Captain Murica

15 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Thoughts and prayers. Cancer f-ing blows.

Yup, it !@#$ing sucks. 

I watched the press conference. Jeff Wilpon was there and when asked about Sandy returning as GM after Sandy stated he has a good prognosis, Jeff refused to answer. 

Kind of a ****ty thing to use his Cancer as a nice way to fire him. That's my take. 

Just Lol!  Not even worth getting upset about anymore.  

On the bright side, Wheeler on the other hand looked good.  Id hang onto him.  Even after giving up the grand slam against the Dodgers he took full responsibility.  I like that 

Edited by Another Fan

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Just Lol!  Not even worth getting upset about anymore.  

On the bright side, Wheeler on the other hand looked good.  Id hang onto him.  Even after giving up the grand slam against the Dodgers he took full responsibility.  I like that 

He was a top ten first round future star that couldn't live up to the hype.Blevins is making 7 million a year...I would bet he would want that type of money starting next year...he's simply not worth it,much like Blevins isn't.

All familia is doing is lowering his trade value. This guy is Armando 2.0, he hasn’t been the same since 2015 and I really wouldn’t be upset if they DFA’d him. 

Mickey was passive aggressive towards the media after the game when asked why he didn’t leave Peterson in for the 9th seeing as familia threw 28 pitches yesterday and Peterson threw 8 pitches in the 8th and has been getting everyone out. He basically said that he didn’t want to put the kid in for that type of situation.. we are 13 games under .500 like what the actual f$&@, then ending it with saying that’s how baseball works. 

He brought swarzak in without allowing him to warm up. 

32 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Ah, THERE'S our bullpen...

Wish he left wheeler in for the 8th then brought in Peterson in for the 9th. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

All familia is doing is lowering his trade value. This guy is Armando 2.0, he hasn’t been the same since 2015 and I really wouldn’t be upset if they DFA’d him. 

Mickey was passive aggressive towards the media after the game when asked why he didn’t leave Peterson in for the 9th seeing as familia threw 28 pitches yesterday and Peterson threw 8 pitches in the 8th and has been getting everyone out. He basically said that he didn’t want to put the kid in for that type of situation.. we are 13 games under .500 like what the actual f$&@, then ending it with saying that’s how baseball works. 

He brought swarzak in without allowing him to warm up. 

Wish he left wheeler in for the 8th then brought in Peterson in for the 9th. 

But he was okay putting Dom Smith in LF, in probably the worst ballpark for that experiment.

He's talking out both sides of his mouth.

As soon as Familia let the first guy on, EVERY METS FAN ON EARTH knew what was coming.  But good ol' Mick .... didn't get anyone up in the bullpen.

With Sandy out on medical leave, anyone think the Wilpons would swoop in and fire Callaway?  I don't want to be stuck with this asshattery all season.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

But he was okay putting Dom Smith in LF, in probably the worst ballpark for that experiment.

He's talking out both sides of his mouth.

As soon as Familia let the first guy on, EVERY METS FAN ON EARTH knew what was coming.  But good ol' Mick .... didn't get anyone up in the bullpen.

With Sandy out on medical leave, anyone think the Wilpons would swoop in and fire Callaway?  I don't want to be stuck with this asshattery all season.

I know little Jeffie Wilpon stated they would do a New GM search in the off season. I’m pretty sure that GM will Fire Callaway to gain back some credibility. So, I think we are stuck with this for the rest of the season. 

Edited by Captain Murica

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

If they would do that I would imagine they would go with Disarcinia,who's a clone of Callaway.Bringing back Collins would sell seats...I would be all in on that move.

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

If they would do that I would imagine they would go with Disarcinia,who's a clone of Callaway.Bringing back Collins would sell seats...I would be all in on that move.

I'm not sure that will happen as Collins is 69 years old already. That would just be spinning the wheels like they have been, which a lot of fans are vocal about. They wanted to get younger which Callaway is but he's just not ready yet. He's too even keeled about this disaster of a season and they doesn't fly in NY. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I'm not sure that will happen as Collins is 69 years old already. That would just be spinning the wheels like they have been, which a lot of fans are vocal about. They wanted to get younger which Callaway is but he's just not ready yet. He's too even keeled about this disaster of a season and they doesn't fly in NY. 

I was thinking interim.