Bills want "success" before building new stadium

Rubes

You know, I have a feeling; In the end I bet Pegula writes a check for the whole damn stadium. At least the portion not paid by the NFL itself. He could certainly become a legend by doing so.

You would think that would earn him legend status, but many would complain about a whole litany of things inherent in a new stadium: break with tradition, tailgating is different and we can't handle change, parking is hard to find, I don't feel safe downtown, and on and on.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think that would earn him legend status, but many would complain about a whole litany of things inherent in a new stadium: break with tradition, tailgating is different and we can't handle change, parking is hard to find, I don't feel safe downtown, and on and on.

EXACTLY! Some people just live to whine. I freely admit I don't adapt to change well, but I'm self-aware in that respect. Some folks just need to get over it.

its fine and good for the 1% to tell Joe 6 pack to pony up for PSLs but that won't create new jobs to pay for them. IMO for this to work with our fan base we should be allowed to adopt the Packers community ownership model which is currently disallowed by Goodell and his Greedathon cronies. Apparently the estate battle of the Bud Adams heirs re the Titans also violates this rule so it bears watching.

its fine and good for the 1% to tell Joe 6 pack to pony up for PSLs but that won't create new jobs to pay for them. IMO for this to work with our fan base we should be allowed to adopt the Packers community ownership model which is currently disallowed by Goodell and his Greedathon cronies. Apparently the estate battle of the Bud Adams heirs re the Titans also violates this rule so it bears watching.

We aren't taking about the 1% though. We are talking about $150 tickets. I live in New Orleans, it's poorer than Buffalo, and that's the norm. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Bills want "success" before building new stadium ...... IS JUST A FEEL GOOD SMOKE SCREEN.

it help fits the secret preferred "DELAY" narrative

the Pegula's are just NOT in a hurry to fork over $1 billion of their own money to help fund a new stadium when the one they currently play in is perfectly fine for at least another 10 years.

the only folks in a hurry are a handful of his fellow owners.

The 1%?

Not even close.

I can absolutely guarantee you that not a single one of the folks in my group of 20+ year season ticket holders are in the top 1% (or even in the top 10%) income bracket in WNY...and every single one of us could afford to pay the PSL, the increased ticket prices, parking, etc.

I'm not saying that to sound uppity, so I truly hope it does not come off that way. It's merely a statement that there's absolutely no reason to suspect that they couldn't quite easily fill a 65k seat stadium with relative ease as long as the product is worth watching live.

The 1%?

Not even close.

I can absolutely guarantee you that not a single one of the folks in my group of 20+ year season ticket holders are in the top 1% (or even in the top 10%) income bracket in WNY...and every single one of us could afford to pay the PSL, the increased ticket prices, parking, etc.

I'm not saying that to sound uppity, so I truly hope it does not come off that way. It's merely a statement that there's absolutely no reason to suspect that they couldn't quite easily fill a 65k seat stadium with relative ease as long as the product is worth watching live.

I agree with this. Even with the mediocre on a good day product on the field the better part of the last 2 decades, a lot of people still bought seasons. Put a quality product on the field and those people will find a way to come up with the additional money, and the ones that cannot or will not will be replaced by others that will.

Edited by CodeMonkey