Why Not Kick the Can on Adrian Peterson

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Because TBD is very lightly moderated. If everybody just spoke their mind and started new threads it would get very cluttered here. Duplicate threads, ludicrous ideas, etc etc.

Again, read more than you post is a solid way too stay here. Starting new silly threads like this pushes the good ones down or to the next page.

roottabaga I understand what your saying but this is a forum for fans and if someone wants to throw out a fantasy about how he would like AP then I think he should be able to do that. If you don't find the post interesting then move on to another post that you find more enjoyable to engage in. For example, you have posted already 7 times under this thread and I know this last one was to reply to my comment but you get my point. I didn't feel like it was a great thread either but I'm not going to bash the guy. I guess the fans in Buffalo are not only tough in the stadium but on their message boards too.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not bashing him. He knows it wasn't strong and maybe next time he brings it home. That's how you get to be a good contributor. I took my lumps and now I just post to other's threads cuz I know I'm weak at starting conversation... and I'm a proud Rochestarian!

Edited by r00tabaga

Im not bashing him. He knows it wasn't strong and maybe next time he brings it home. That's how you get to be a good contributor. I took my lumps and now I just post to other's threads cuz I know I'm weak at starting conversation... and I'm a proud Rochestarian!

Sounds good! I've been hear awhile but don't have a ton of posts. Thanks for your feedback and I look forward to some good conversation on hear again sometime. Next time it will be more focused on the Bills. I went to Brockport college many years ago and spent a lot of time in the Rochester area. I now live in Charlotte and hang out at the many Bills bars we have down hear each Sunday during the season and try to make it up to a game whenever I can. In fact, we play in Charlotte this year and I will be one of the many proud Bills fans in the crowd that day.

If you guys hate the topic so much then why have some of you complainers already post several times. It seems like you feed off this stuff. I don't agree at all about picking up AP but everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't like it then either state your case or move on to another thread. Some of you complainers spend 24 hours on these threads and I guess it's fun for you to rock the boat every once in awhile. Go ahead experts, what ya got?

We didn't need to feed off of this stuff until the beginning of the month. TSW has a long history of being tightly-run and self-policed. It wasn't until the last three weeks that anyone started calling anyone turds, Nazis, etc, over it.

We are all free to post as misguidedly as we want. We are also free to be called on it.

Edited by jimmy10

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

When I posted this topic, did I think there was more than a miniscule chance of this happening, no. The idea of putting maybe the best 2 running backs of the last 7 years or so, with distinctly different styles in the same backfield, peaked my interest a bit. Do I expect to happen, absolutely not but it gives us something else to talk about instead of page 47 in the Zach Brown thread.

Some of my posts are completely setious and some are more about creating an entertaining discussion. Say what you will but I thought this was one of the funnier threads of the day and I actually enjoy the responses that I and the idea get hammered in. Some people are pretty funny and creative and I enjoy that.

As far as kick the can, I obviously meant to put kick the tires but the response to kick the can was the best part of the thread so I am glad I messed that up.

I do find it silly though that some people actually worry about this thread enough to want to have it shut down or deleted.

When I posted this topic, did I think there was more than a miniscule chance of this happening, no. The idea of putting maybe the best 2 running backs of the last 7 years or so, with distinctly different styles in the same backfield, peaked my interest a bit. Do I expect to happen, absolutely not but it gives us something else to talk about instead of page 47 in the Zach Brown thread.

Some of my posts are completely setious and some are more about creating an entertaining discussion. Say what you will but I thought this was one of the funnier threads of the day and I actually enjoy the responses that I and the idea get hammered in. Some people are pretty funny and creative and I enjoy that.

As far as kick the can, I obviously meant to put kick the tires but the response to kick the can was the best part of the thread so I am glad I messed that up.

I do find it silly though that some people actually worry about this thread enough to want to have it shut down or deleted.

A great response in defense of your thread and malapropism. Bravo.

...better get your checkbook ready.............

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports free agent Adrian Peterson is looking for $8 million in the first year of his new contract.

He can keep dreaming. That would make Peterson the third highest-paid running back in the league behind Le'Veon Bell and LeSean McCoy. Previous reports have suggested teams are reluctant to pay Peterson even $5 million annually, making his $8 million asking price downright laughable. Aging, fragile and fumble-prone, Peterson's stock has never been lower.
Source: ESPN.com
Mar 24 - 2:22 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-ap-needs-to-come-to-grips-with-the-fact-that-hes-an-old-running-back/

Peterson took to Twitter over the weekend to dispute an ESPN report that he is asking for more than $8 million in the first year of a contract. The 2012 NFL MVP suggested money isn’t the most important consideration. In part, Peterson said, “Finding the best fit & helping a team in a major way to a championship is my main objective! I’m in no rush.”

No rush is exactly right. He cannot stay healthy. No team should look for him to be on roster week 1 of new season.