Kids are a PIMA

------

Half drank water bottles left abandoned , empty boxes put back in the cupboards, messes that could have been cleaned up but ignored. How long until teenagers (15 & 13) become responsible?!?! I am not looking for sympathy here. just venting. One o my main jobs in the house is turning off light switches too.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half drank water bottles left abandoned , empty boxes put back in the cupboards, messes that could have been cleaned up but ignored. How long until teenagers (15 & 13) become responsible?!?! I am not looking for sympathy here. just venting. One o my main jobs in the house is turning off light switches too.

My kids used to be like that. I wonder if their new foster parents tolerate that type of s@#$?

My wife still does all that lol minus the light switches, but half drank soda cans and empty boxes put back. I kinda cut her some slack though as our kids are 2 and 9 months so we don't get much sleep/have much energy

I kinda cut her some slack though as our kids are 2 and 9 months so we don't get much sleep/have much energy

reminds me of when I got back home after I got married. We drove seperately to the venue because I slept at my Dad's the night before with the whole can't see the bride before the wedding thing. I came to the bedroom and she was in bed wearing her lingerie. I told her "I love you very much and I know we just got married but I don't have an ounce of energy to have sex with you and I really really want to sleep." She let out this huge sigh of relief and exclaimed "Thank God!" I think it took us two full days of rest to get back to normal.

when they are on their own and get an infestation of ants.

Buy them re-usable water bottles and drink tap water.

That's all I got.

When I was that age I had chores every single day for when I got home from school unless I was playing a sport. Consequences weren't all that severe but my parents were constantly on us about it and I respected that they worked long hours and didn't want to come home to a mess of a house so I was pretty compliant.

try sleeping when they are crawling all over the bed.

That's not good, 1 or 2 that you happen upon isn't a panic-time though.

Depends on what you mean by ants, in residence they had large carpenters on a lower floor that they couldn't get rid of all year.

Edited by row_33

reminds me of when I got back home after I got married. We drove seperately to the venue because I slept at my Dad's the night before with the whole can't see the bride before the wedding thing. I came to the bedroom and she was in bed wearing her lingerie. I told her "I love you very much and I know we just got married but I don't have an ounce of energy to have sex with you and I really really want to sleep." She let out this huge sigh of relief and exclaimed "Thank God!" I think it took us two full days of rest to get back to normal.

I thought that was everyones wedding night! lol We had to pack the next day to leave the following day for our honeymoon, so yea two days seems about right haha

Edited by Bray Wyatt

Never! They just grow up into a husband or wife. Of course I enable it! :-(

I thought that was everyones wedding night! lol We had to pack the next day to leave the following day for our honeymoon, so yea two days seems about right haha

Wedding night treat? A club sandwich and a good nights sleep getting ready for honeymoon. Weddings are exhausting!

Empty boxes put back in the cupboard? Hell, my wife does that.

Mine will throw out full things if it expired last week, even spices which are just fine, thank you very much! "I was sure I had paprika! Oh, not AGAIN!"

My wife still does all that lol minus the light switches, but half drank soda cans and empty boxes put back. I kinda cut her some slack though as our kids are 2 and 9 months so we don't get much sleep/have much energy

As Coach Tibs (Chicago Bulls, Minny T-Wolves) says:

6575dd2a15087c113c6a61496e8cc2b175316fcb

Bullcrap! I don't buy the "lack of energy" excuse. My children are 14 & 18 & we raised them 500+ miles from the closest family, AND both of us have two full time jobs... For years we were "two ships passing in the night"... We never contracted out any home chores, maintenance, etc... Blessing I work shift work though... But still, while working midnights, I would come home to my children raising duties after the grave yard shift and my wife would go off to work... Never had daycare much either. And in rare occasions we were both on weekday, day shifts... We might get a sitter, pre going to school days.

Anyway... Do these people complain:

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2017/03/12/517923490/how-does-a-nepalese-sherpa-carry-so-much-weight

The just walk & carry, walk, carry & walk, carry some more... Sometimes carrying up to 175%...YES... 175% of their body weight!

nationalgeographic_1971077_custom-be20b6

I have no tolerance for not keeping things ship shape. You work till "mission complete," then only then, rest...

...And boy does "la familia" fight me on this one, I do not relent... And it has made all the difference in our very isolated, independent life. You know... It raises children to fully understand what Coach Tibs hammers home above.

Do your job and do your best!

/rant_sorry

:-)

Mine will throw out full things if it expired last week, even spices which are just fine, thank you very much! "I was sure I had paprika! Oh, not AGAIN!"

That drives me insane!

Waste not want not!

You can tell I am the hoarder! ;-)