Find me a #2 Reciever after Round 2 In draft

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Switzer, Hansen, Godwin... Hansen plays a LOT faster than his 40 time. He has an uncanny ability to get on top of a corner... reminds me of Jordy Nelson. I'm not sure if it is because he is white, and corners play closer/don't respect his speed, but this dude is always getting on top of the coverage.

Ryan Switzer, Hansen, Godwin... Hansen plays a LOT faster than his 40 time. He has an uncanny ability to get on top of a corner... reminds me of Jordy Nelson. I'm not sure if it is because he is white, and corners play closer/don't respect his speed, but this dude is always getting on top of the coverage.

I might not get a lot of people here to see what I see in hansen, but I see an Ed Mccaffrey type. A bit shorter, but very similar in their style.

Surprised no one has mentioned Zay Jones. There's a chance he could be there in round three. His college HC is now Bills WRs coach so there'd be some familiarity there. He's 6'2", 205, ran a 4.46, all-time leader in catches in the FBS. Wins at high pointing the ball, solid route runner, high football IQ and character. On the downside, his production was a result of being a focal point in the offense. His game-speed is said to be average and that he'd have to work to improve his speed and separation in routes. Seems to be a type of player McDermott would covet though, along with his character and IQ he has a tremendous work ethic.

Take Davis at 10 or

JuJu / Zay Jones at 75 or

Kenny Golladay in the 5th...

All selections are a gamble, even the number one picks of the draft. But I don't see the odds being very high of getting a true #2 WR beyond the first round this year. There are many potential #3WRs in the draft that could contribute this year, and might even have a slight chance to develop into a #2 within a year or two, but I would not expect to find a legitimate #2 beyond the first round.

We have only three serious picks this year. Beyond the 4th, all picks are real gambles, and other than that rare lucky strike, they are depth, backups and developmental role players, not true impact players.

Due to our failure at FA, we have unfilled needs at #2WR, starting LB, starting S, and starting CB. We still don't have a Franchise QB. We have a bridge QB and a long-shot developmental QB and need to get at least another QB prospect both this and next year. Three legitimate picks and all those pressing needs. If we want to fill our #2WR needs, I see us using our #10 to get one. Otherwise we need to trade down far enough in the 1st to get another pick in the 2nd and grab a #3WR there in the 2nd and hope he can fill the #2 WR role this year until we can get a legitimate one next year.

But I see us using that #1 pick on a QB next year. I guess we will be forced to kick the can down the road again and just have to hope for some kind of miracle again next year.