Seems WR at 10 for sure

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell we can't get WR's in FA even 2nd and 3rd tier guys to sign with us. I don't see an option in FA left for a true #2, I say draft Williams to be our #2 and see if after the draft there are any scap FA's out there to get.

There's a very real possibility we just aren't going to have what most people would consider a real "#2 WR" on the roster this year.

Given our offensive scheme, building up a strong defense is going to help us much more than a legitimate #2 (or 1B) WR would.

At the prices number 2 receivers like Woods were paid we were better off not paying free agency prices.

For real. I really like Woods, but obviously if you get a good/great player in FA, he is massively overpaid. That is the way of the world these days.

Rather have a top prospect for pennies on the dollar. It is getting to the point where you can only keep players (past rookie contract) if they are merely "role players", give a hometown discount, or are truly elite and get paid. Everyone else hits FA for a payday, and goes to the highest bidder. Further proof that it's coaching and QB that really matter these days, as even elite teams turn over their rosters besides HC and QB.

For real. I really like Woods, but obviously if you get a good/great player in FA, he is massively overpaid. That is the way of the world these days.

Rather have a top prospect for pennies on the dollar. It is getting to the point where you can only keep players (past rookie contract) if they are merely "role players", give a hometown discount, or are truly elite and get paid. Everyone else hits FA for a payday, and goes to the highest bidder. Further proof that it's coaching and QB that really matter these days, as even elite teams turn over their rosters besides HC and QB.

Analysis is right on target. You resign your A players and C players. The Bs go elsewhere. Too early to say what we have in McDermott. Pretty sure we don't have an elite qb.

Ha, I could care less about positions outside of QB. Our goal every year should be at QB until we find, "The One". Every other position can be easily attained thereafter.

So you want to find a QB with no supporting cast in place? How about creating an environment that makes it easy for the QB to step in and succeed, like what Dallas did with Prescott?

Analysis is right on target. You resign your A players and C players. The Bs go elsewhere. Too early to say what we have in McDermott. Pretty sure we don't have an elite qb.

We should at least see how McDermott takes command of the huddle first before saying he's not an elite gunslinger

We should at least see how McDermott takes command of the huddle first before saying he's not an elite gunslinger

The comment I responded to talked about HC and QB, so I indicated we don't know what kind of head coach McDermott will be.

Edited by Dr. Who

Ha, I could care less about positions outside of QB. Our goal every year should be at QB until we find, "The One". Every other position can be easily attained thereafter.

Then we have to hope he chooses the red pill to find out how deep the rabbit hole goes.

I would be good with Davis or Williams at #10. The Bills cannot rely on Sammy being healthy all season and there is nobody behind him.

I honestly have (perhaps unfounded) optimism that Watkins will be healthy. That kind of injury often needs a second surgery, but the foot is usually stable afterwards.

Davis or Williams plus Watkins turns wr from a question mark to a relative strength, especially if we get decent #3 production from one of the new fellas. Of course, qb may still be an issue.

It's a joke. And it's going to be OK.

Yeah, sorry. My real life is pretty stressful right now.

I honestly have (perhaps unfounded) optimism that Watkins will be healthy. That kind of injury often needs a second surgery, but the foot is usually stable afterwards.

Davis or Williams plus Watkins turns wr from a question mark to a relative strength, especially if we get decent #3 production from one of the new fellas. Of course, qb may still be an issue.

Yeah, sorry. My real life is pretty stressful right now.

No worries, Doc. Wish you all the best.

Hell we can't get WR's in FA even 2nd and 3rd tier guys to sign with us. I don't see an option in FA left for a true #2, I say draft Williams to be our #2 and see if after the draft there are any scap FA's out there to get.

Or CB, or S, or LB, or even TE. I truly think this is a draft where they go BPA because of the fact we have holes in various positions. Nothing would surprise me, except a QB at #10.